FIRST 3 SHOWS DELAYED

Alex Radojevic

To be honest , my friends and I have been saying this for weeks. We were waiting for this announcement! The rehearsals clips she has been sharing look far from ready and still in early stages? I have a feeling the stage will use projection mapping, hence the white staging.... I have a feeling there will be more reschedulaing

Sorry.....but it just seems like fans are the last thing being considered on this tour.  Many "standard" seats being listed as "Platinum" (with high prices)? Some funny business with seats now showing up less than what we originally paid weeks ago?.....and now rescheduling the first two shows and cancelling the third one.  I know quite a few folks who were flying in to NYC for these shows.....so those are the folks I feel for the most.

Completely agree with this Mtribe article. At the same time,@Andymadhere they talk about "a result of the highly specialized production elements being delayed", not a matter of creative process: I think that she needs time to rehearse to make every detail properly fit with each other, so if they delay the delivering, she will need more time to be ready to perform.image.png.2328b35ca41b55fac0d5e36e92ceb968.png

"Madame X is more Bitter than Sweet"

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/madame-x-is-more-bitter-than-sweet/?fbclid=IwAR12_HBcevGJ770q188Bnavww0dnZJJAtHcrnIBvEmbjEgVjecsVvcaqwrg

image.png.2328b35ca41b55fac0d5e36e92ceb968.pngimage.png.2328b35ca41b55fac0d5e36e92ceb968.png

1 hour ago, diesel6888 said:

To be honest , my friends and I have been saying this for weeks. We were waiting for this announcement! The rehearsals clips she has been sharing look far from ready and still in early stages? I have a feeling the stage will use projection mapping, hence the white staging.... I have a feeling there will be more reschedulaing

I imagine she hasn't wanted to give away too many hints at instagram, but like you, I had the feeling she was no where near ready. I bet you are right on the mapping or other technical or staging things that might not be ready. I feel...Just like in her arena tours, this show is going full out unlike many think. 

Edited by Voguerista (see edit history)

I feel sorry for the people who spent lots of money in advance. Must be hard to know that your show which was supposed to be the Opening Night of the tour won't be anymore. It makes you lose the excitement to be the first ones ever to witness her new live concept. A shame to be honest. Live Nation should have foreseen this would happen AGAIN. I know Madonna is a perfectionist and wants everything to flow the best it can, especially when it comes to concert tours. Hope she makes up to you guys and don't fuck it up by starting the shows late again. That would be so embarrasing... like for everybody who is attending the tour (I'm looking at you Britain).

In my personal experiencie, if it wasn't for the last time she rescheduled the Miami, Atlanta, and San Juan shows in 2015 I would have never had the chance to see her. So I suppose these horrifying announcement has both positive and negative outcomes. At least New York City is still getting 16 shows! 

I‘m affected, Had orchestra ticket for 09/14. now I had to change my return flight from jfk to Paris  and train from Paris back to Switzerland. Get an additional Airbnb in brooklyn because I extended now by brooklyn visit and I am going to attend now the 09/17 show (balcony). I will get a refund of the orchestra ticket 09/14. basically the refund will cover the extra costs and money I lost in order to extend the trip to be able to see the 09/17 show but instead of orchestra view, I will be on the balcony. At least I am going to be at the opening show of the tour. 

that's such a tough one.  i feel for people who have lost money and have to reschedule.  That really sux.  Im flying from Australia and it would be a night mare to change everything.  When I saw Re-invention she cancelled cause of sickness and we were scheduled to fly home after the concert.  had to change everything

I have been to other artists concerts who have cancelled due to illness etc.  P!nk i missed completely because the rescheduled dates were when we were on holidays they were rescheduled that far out.

But I also could imagine the backlash she would get if she opened the show not being right. 

Its her first Theatre tour so all eyes will be on her. I saw taylor had audio issues last night at the MTV awards in her first song and the media have dubbed that as cute.  Imgine if M did it.

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

that's such a tough one.  i feel for people who have lost money and have to reschedule.  That really sux.  Im flying from Australia and it would be a night mare to change everything.  When I saw Re-invention she cancelled cause of sickness and we were scheduled to fly home after the concert.  had to change everything

I have been to other artists concerts who have cancelled due to illness etc.  P!nk i missed completely because the rescheduled dates were when we were on holidays they were rescheduled that far out.

But I also could imagine the backlash she would get if she opened the show not being right. 

Its her first Theatre tour so all eyes will be on her. I saw taylor had audio issues last night at the MTV awards in her first song and the media have dubbed that as cute.  Imgine if M did it.

You said it! If Madonna had audio issues or anything, the press would scathe her as well as some fans. :suffer:

15 hours ago, dancetonight said:

Hasn't opening night been delayed now on the last 3 tours?

The first  five dates of the Rebel Heart Tour were moved from September 2015 to January 2016. 

The MDNA Tour was initially planned to start in Tel Aviv, Israel on May 29, 2012, but was rescheduled to May 31 due to production delays.

But I was in Cardiff at the opening night of the S&S Tour as planned.

Still, I feel so sorry for those who paid huge amount of money for a ticket tgey are losing or for flights and accomodation.

We knew it from the start the time was not enough for such a different show.