Filming of MX tour

Bat-Fan

8 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

You sure about that? I have heard conflicting stories about the presence of cameras

on 9/24 it looked like there was video equipment alongside the projection and lighting equipment in the tech booth in front of the mezzanine. and the booths on either side of the stage had what I assumed were discreet security and VIP audience members (or possibly other tour personnel...several people kept coming and going, and they seemed to be 'observing' rather than watching the show, if that makes sense? I'm sure an A/V person would know the difference of all the equipment, which didn't really seem like much up front or in the tech deck, but there were definitely a lot of pieces of what I assumed was audio equipment in the upper box sections.

the benefit of staying in one venue for many nights gives the production the ability to know the angles and sweet spots for placing video recording equipment the audience may never see.  Camera recording tech has come a long way in being small and discreet with plenty of capability to capture great footage in such a small and intimate space...

so yes,

gopros. Or, perhaps customized and super hi def ones not on the consumer market.   

Edited by RebelHeartbreak
added info (see edit history)

She will film it. Most artists document their work. But Will it be released? We know there are cameras every night. We know there is a professional recording of The Re-Invention Tour but it wasn't released as she was apparently unhappy with it. Re-invention was shot on film as well over 3 nights in Paris the same as the Blond Ambition Tour. Where is that footage? A 4k Release of re invention would be fantastic. Who knows where that Blond Ambition Tour footage is. Somebody MUST know.

The last 2 tours were filmed around the world at different locations. That what the gopros are for. They can just walk around filming and at the end pic whatever they want.

If this is real, we really have to find a way ourselves. She should really think of her fans desires too about this!

We don't need a super effected and edited work, wich could take months to be perfected, I'm sure the majority of us would be absolutely fine with a normal live stream of the last night or a simple recording as the ones we've got from her 90s tour and still enjoying.

I mean, she takes a camera with her to document her travels and birthdays, she will surely record the show, just doesn't want to make the effort to share it with us? Really?!

We can launch a petition to ask her to release the show in any way she desires and DEFINITELY ACTIVATE OURSELVES.

It's her tour and her work for sure, at the same time we follow her since years, many of us have been loyal even when her work was not 100% worthy, a little more consideration and generosity in these kind of choices is something I expect at this point. She knows how we're asking for some old songs to be performed and doesn't care since years, and it's ok, she doesn't want to spoil the intimate experience with the use of mobiles inside theatres, and it's ok, she wants to downsize, wearing very questionable costume (the God Control one really looks a primary school year-end show), and it's ok, but if this is true her attitude in our reguards is really starting to disappoint me ... really.

What about all the people who love her and could not attend the show, cause she's not traveling as usual and the prices are so damn high? How unfair this would be for them, how indifferent?

1 hour ago, stefo said:

What about all the people who love her and could not attend the show, cause she's not traveling as usual and the prices are so damn high? How unfair this would be for them, how indifferent?

How will they hear?
When will they learn?
How will they know?

On 9/30/2019 at 2:28 AM, RebelHeartbreak said:

on 9/24 it looked like there was video equipment alongside the projection and lighting equipment in the tech booth in front of the mezzanine. and the booths on either side of the stage had what I assumed were discreet security and VIP audience members (or possibly other tour personnel...several people kept coming and going, and they seemed to be 'observing' rather than watching the show, if that makes sense? I'm sure an A/V person would know the difference of all the equipment, which didn't really seem like much up front or in the tech deck, but there were definitely a lot of pieces of what I assumed was audio equipment in the upper box sections.

the benefit of staying in one venue for many nights gives the production the ability to know the angles and sweet spots for placing video recording equipment the audience may never see.  Camera recording tech has come a long way in being small and discreet with plenty of capability to capture great footage in such a small and intimate space...

so yes,

gopros. Or, perhaps customized and super hi def ones not on the consumer market.   

This is totally disappointing but not surprising at all. I can see her extending the "no recording" policy over to an official release. After all this is the first time that there is not a single minute of footage made available to the media - there is nothing from this show on the news.

From @stefoin the NYC post: 

OKOKOK, great news coming people: I just asked to an undoutably reliable source about the rumour spreading around according wich she should not be recording this tour and here is his marvelous answer I'm so happy to share with you all!!!

"I’ve heard it’s going to be recorded. We were actually talking about it today. That’s all I can say. Also tour book is awesome!!! Coming soon!"

Madame X Tour will be filmed.  I have no doubt in that.  She's far too visual to let this tour not be seen by the general public.  My guess; it will be an exclusive original for some streaming service such as Netflix, most likely when the tour has ended.  Most of her tours have been filmed towards the end, so there is no need to get frantic yet.  But again, I have no doubt that this will be filmed and released at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

She will most definitely film the tour.  shes been very passionate about the whole project.  there were so many rumours of people in the know asking whether MDNA tour and Rebel Heart tour would be filmed and they said no.  i remember being really concerned cause I wanted them as well.  we will get it.  i know it.  just when is another question:lol:

16 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

She will most definitely film the tour.  shes been very passionate about the whole project.  there were so many rumours of people in the know asking whether MDNA tour and Rebel Heart tour would be filmed and they said no.  i remember being really concerned cause I wanted them as well.  we will get it.  i know it.  just when is another question:lol:

Yes. I'm not sure why some are freaking out over this when we know she usually films near the end of her tour.  Also,  her instagram is featuring some great quality video and photo footage.  No doubt that's her people. 

As for when? Ha!  Well, we know how meticulous she can get.  I just hope it doesn't get edited to death like her previous tours.  Rebel Heart wasn't too bad, but MDNA was just way too much.  I enjoyed a bit of what they did for MDNA, but the effects and the vocals were just so unlive to me.  Being this is a theater show, I would hope she would want to keep this stripped down as possible.

A lot of the sound from the MDNA release is just the rehearsals that leaked from before the tour. Sticky is 100% rehearsal too except the Evita songs. 

I loved how they edited the RHT audio though, it was a definite improvement. IGTTYAS is the best example of gentle concert editing though.

If she chooses not to, doubt a petition would do anythings. Fans have let her and Oseary know about wanting BAT and RIT released and they've given runaround answers on many occasions. 

She's going to release it either as traditionally as a physical release or something like a live show from Olympia for MDNA/TOAC Miami. She's probably waiting for later in the tour when either she's perfected things, changed it up or nearing the end to finally get it documented. But we'll for sure get footage from multiple nights. :seeno:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Since the Madame X Tour is a highly intimate and theatrical experience it would be so disappointing if we got another DVD with editing like that of The MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart Tour. When she was promoting the album in London, I seem to remember she said the tour was inspired by a Spanish novel called The Bad Girl, and I thought it would be really fantastic if she produced a concert film called The Bad Girl. It could be similar to what she originally envisioned for Truth Or Dare and it could feature the entire concert filmed HBO or Jonas Åkerlund and then cut to behind the scenes footage in black and white when Madonna has long talks with the audience in the show. 

• Enrico locked this topic