Sign in to follow this  
Voguerista

Dark Ballet or Future?

Which do you like more: Dark Ballet or Future?

Definitely Dark Ballet for me. I love how theatrical it is and the important statements it makes. I can't wait to see how she performs it in her new show. 

Dark Ballet.

I wish we'd get remixes for this track.

And, you know, not by Offer Nissim this time.

I look at all the people Robyn gets to remix her tracks; and then I look at Madonna...

I used to get excited for Madonna remixes. Now most are just loud and obnoxious. Remixes used to be re-interpretations of songs. Not just vocals layed on top of a cheap house beats.

Edited by Derby

17 minutes ago, Derby said:

Dark Ballet.

I wish we'd get remixes for this track.

And, you know, not by Offer Nissim this time.

I look at all the people Robyn gets to remix her tracks; and then I look at Madonna...

I used to get excited for Madonna remixes. Now most are just loud and obnoxious. Remixes used to be re-interpretations of songs. Not just vocals layed on top of a cheap house beats.

I agree. I'm not fond of most of her remixes anymore. They all sound the same. I'd rather listen to fan remixes. SoundCloud is my friend. I especially love @dubtronic

13 hours ago, valinecode said:

I like Future more... I enjoy Future more.  :crown:

But Dark Balet is art. Sadness, pain, a clockwork orange amazing thing. :fire:

This

Also Dark Ballet always reminds me of a Rose Mcgowan song. Not that that's a bad thing

I’ve not really warmed to either of these songs. I skip them both. Two personal issues for me:

Dark Ballet I always have issue with the vocoder section toward the end. Why does it have to literally be distorted to the point where it is actually impossible to understand the lyrics? Ruins the track and message for me. Am I alone in this? 

Future: I like the sentiment but find it gets too repetitive. And I will now forever associate it with that drab Eurovision performance featuring the gormless Quavo.

DB would scrape the victory for me though if I had to choose.