steady75

Like A Prayer (Lies & Heartbreak 30th Anniversary nonedition)

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The thing is if it's coming 1st week of March is literally in two and a half weeks! Usually Warner makes an official announcement before.

I still think there's hope but...

This is my thought.  I would think it would be a huge deal.  I'd think we'd heard something official by now.   What I think would be is if something was being planned for the Immaculate Collection 30th coming up. 

I really can't see them making a huge deal about it on advance to be honest. It'd probably be like the Spotify extras and the stuff on her webshop. What other historical album has had its aniversary advertised in a tour programme? 

This is happening but as always I imagine the dates will be moved and will not correspond with the anniversary. She did Like A Prayer and Express Yourself on this tour out of five old songs classic hits. (Vogue, Human Nature and Papa Don't Preach.  I don't think it's that coincidental. 

49 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

we didn't have any announcement when LAP 30 was released on ITunes or Spotify did we. I can't remember

LAP 30 is just for streaming purposes. A mere playlist on numerous streaming platforms.  There was no intent to package it as an actual release to sell to consumers.

27 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Indeed, such a shame.

Anyway, I hear it’s the 30th anniversary of The Immaculate Collection this year! :Madonna003:

I'd hate to put any hope in your head, but being this is her biggest selling record and it encompasses her 80's legacy, this would be a great time for Madonna and her team to get on board with an anniversary set.  Imagine the possibilities here.  It would even make more sense to tie Blond Ambition Tour release with this.  This would be a good time to re-release this with the hit songs they left off of it. 

Wishful dreaming, right?

8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I'd hate to put any hope in your head, but being this is her biggest selling record and it encompasses her 80's legacy, this would be a great time for Madonna and her team to get on board with an anniversary set.  Imagine the possibilities here.  It would even make more sense to tie Blond Ambition Tour release with this.  This would be a good time to re-release this with the hit songs they left off of it. 

Wishful dreaming, right?

It is wishful and probably will not happen, but hopefully just once the label will realise how much potential and idea like this has and decide to take advantage of it for once! :Madonna049:

How reliable is that instragram account? I usually only trust Madonna's Discography. Also, they don't say the release is cancelled in the email but that they don't have a date. And that store is far from being a well know online store, it's not Amazon. As far as I know it was going to be released for RSD, at the end of april. And you can't buy RSD stuff online (only the day after you can buy stuff the shops have not sold).  Let's wait and see, I think RSD Lists are coming soon.

29 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Im writing her management.

You do know, you're wasting your time?  Besides and what is ironic is Guy O. will probably agree with your complaint or ideas since he's been trying to push Madonna to pay more attention to her back catalog. It's evident since he mentioned about suggesting to Madonna to tour on the Ray of Light album, like U2 did with The Joshua Tree.  I really think the one who is truly keeping all the anniversary sets and nostalgic nods are Madonna herself.

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

How reliable is that instragram account? I usually only trust Madonna's Discography. Also, they don't say the release is canceeled in the email but that they don't have a date. And that store is far from being a well know online store, it's not Amazon. As far as I know it was going to be released for RSD, at the end of april. And you can't buy RSD stuff online (only the day after you can buy stuff the shops have not sold).  Let's wait and see, I think RSD Lists are coming soon.

Totally agree with your post, but wanted to add that the LAP album anniversary set was first allegedly set to be release in November of last year. It's only been speculated since then it was going to be probably released on RSD.  Personally, I think the whole thing was totally made up. I don't think we were getting anymore than the LAP 30th Anniversary playlist that was created on several streaming platforms.

10 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Totally agree with your post, but wanted to add that the LAP album anniversary set was first allegedly set to be release in November of last year. It's only been speculated since then it was going to be probably released on RSD.  Personally, I think the whole thing was totally made up. I don't think we were getting anymore than the LAP 30th Anniversary playlist that was created on several streaming platforms.

I believe the first person that "broke" the news about it last year is the same person that said that the release was pushed back. And the november release has a catalog number and it's up on the Warner webiste. There is also a winter RSD (it's smaller than the april one though), Ray Of Light on clear vinly came out for that one and also I Rise as you know (still it's unclear why the european I Rise release was cancelled).  As far as I know but of course let's take eveything with a grain of salt now, it was pushed back because they were still working on it and they wanted to do something really good. April is coming though and Iast year the official Record Store Day list was released at the end of february. Figers crossed! 

Well, like I said before, we'll never get a commemmorative box of anything from her past works. I don't know why I still believe in those rumours until the last second. So upset again. So, the only thing we can still dream is someone (even Pat or Bray) leaks the unreleased songs one day. 

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

How reliable is that instragram account? I usually only trust Madonna's Discography. Also, they don't say the release is cancelled in the email but that they don't have a date. And that store is far from being a well know online store, it's not Amazon. As far as I know it was going to be released for RSD, at the end of april. And you can't buy RSD stuff online (only the day after you can buy stuff the shops have not sold).  Let's wait and see, I think RSD Lists are coming soon.

you still have yet to provide a source to your RSD claim...