steady75

Like A Prayer (Lies & Heartbreak 30th Anniversary nonedition)

Once she works a deal out to her standards or god forbid a posthumous release, Warner and all those involved will be milking everything she's got like you do with other artists. Though, the thing in question is how physical media to an extent is dying so the sooner the better in releasing something that isn't HD quality.  Also considering a lot of her films were shot on video tape wouldn't look good on a Blu-ray release such as Ciao Italia, Girlie Show versus those shot on film that would be remastered and cleaned up would look good (Virgin. BA (Paris), Confessions onwards.)

Though when and how she'll release it is another story. I'm betting it'd have to be part of a huge celebratory project or something the label or those in control of the rights will milk if given the chance.

18 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Is it healthy though to keep one's "hopes up" if something doesn't really exist?  I only bring this up because a lot of fans do this.  They spend so much time obsessing over it and it turns into fans slinging hate towards Madonna over it.

Stranger things have happened. Not completely related to Madonna, but horror fans have been some of the best detectives when it comes to lost footage and fable scenes that turn out to be reality. For years, the image on the back of Hellbound: Hellraiser II (Pinhead and the Female Cenobite in surgical garb) was always thought to be a deleted scene and those involved claimed it was never shot. Fans thought it was and even screencaps of what looked like footage surfaced and those involved denied it. When Arrow did their special boxset and when through the materials granted to them, they found the unfinished infamous scene on a workprint VHS tape. The same with alternate ending of Poltergeist III which the director claimed was never shot though loads of photos were found to contrary. My friend David did his digging and ended messaging crew and turns out multiple endings were shot which led the director calling him a liar and defaming him to an extent. Shout Factory ended up finding one of the endings with a missing soundtrack. Just how some fans would make good detectives.

I wouldn't rule out additional footage of Paris existing (maybe not the whole thing) but if it's been preserved is another question. Wouldn't Miramax own the rights of the TOD/Paris footage over Madonna anyways given it was shot for the film and not for Madonna's own home release? Suppose it was found, it would be that company or whomever took over Miramax that owns the rights to TOD and any additional footage.

Even if the full put together the unedited versions of

1. Express Yourself
  2. Causing A Commotion
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Papa Don't Preach
  5. Like A Prayer
  6. Live to Tell
  7. Oh Father
  8. Hanky Panky
  9. Vogue
  10. Holiday
  11. Keep It Together

That would still be a great mini version of the concert with the pro footage. 

I’d love this concert even if it was just like above with 11 songs in HD and the SD laser disc version of the full tour cleaned up and enchanted as best as possible with video tape source and HD audio surround ! Maybe even the Japan concert as a bonus and truth or dare in a small box set 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

:Madonna002: It’s hardly unhealthy, I can manage if it doesn’t exist, I just said I think it’s possible it exists somewhere.

I don't know you seem to express up til now it all exists. 

6 hours ago, MarXus said:

I don't know you seem to express up til now it all exists. 

Well I don’t really know how many more times I can use the word possible but whether it exists or not, there’s really nothing “unhealthy” going on and at the end of the day it’s just a rumour.

Besides, if the Paris recording isn’t official then I plan on pestering M’s team for the David Fincher recording :Madonna030:

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well I don’t really know how many more times I can use the word possible but whether it exists or not, there’s really nothing “unhealthy” going on and at the end of the day it’s just a rumour.

Besides, if the Paris recording isn’t official then I plan on pestering M’s team for the David Fincher recording :Madonna030:

When you're calling Alek a liar, it's safe to say you're beyond "possible".  Anything is "possible".  It's "possible" the only way we're going to get the full show on DVD, is duplicate the laser disc or use the Japan shows that we know are available.

17 minutes ago, MarXus said:

When you're calling Alec a liar, it's safe to say you're beyond "possible".  Anything is "possible".  It's "possible" the only way we're going to get the full show on DVD, is duplicate the laser disc or use the Japan shows that we know are available.

And it’s “possible” that Alek may have recorded the full show and perhaps said he didn’t because it’s lost, I don’t know. It’s just a possibility. Like I said, some said it was filmed, some didn’t. And like you said, anything is “possible”.

28 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

And it’s “possible” that Alek may have recorded the full show and perhaps said he didn’t because it’s lost, I don’t know. It’s just a possibility. Like I said, some said it was filmed, some didn’t. And like you said, anything is “possible”.

I just don't believe he's lying.  He seems to have good account of what was filmed and what wasn't.  That said; we both can agree, we'd love to have this tour on DVD in the best quality as possible.  I won't hold my breath, and I'm happy to know that I live in a time where the whole show is available on-line and easily downloaded to have in our collection.  I know I have various versions of it downloaded to my Madonna collection.  I'm still old school and prefer to have a physical copy of her music and performances, but this is the next best thing. 

23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I just don't believe he's lying.  He seems to have good account of what was filmed and what wasn't.  That said; we both can agree, we'd love to have this tour on DVD in the best quality as possible.  I won't hold my breath, and I'm happy to know that I live in a time where the whole show is available on-line and easily downloaded to have in our collection.  I know I have various versions of it downloaded to my Madonna collection.  I'm still old school and prefer to have a physical copy of her music and performances, but this is the next best thing. 

I’m not holding my breath either, and I agree, I do like to have physical copies of my music. It’d be fantastic if we got it released at some point though, using whatever recording they have. David Fincher’s footage sounds the most interesting though. 

24 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Guy O Promised we would get S&S2009 released as well. Still waiting on that too

He was probably drunk when he said that - he’s never done anything for her back catalogue - we’ve not had a single old demo released since remixed and revisited in 2003 🙄

On 1/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, MarXus said:

Hmm? Yeah, but wouldn't the Director know over these people if it was filmed.  After all, he was principally involved in filming the tour.  I think he would know.  And why would he lie about it?  What does he gain by doing so?  Especially so many years later. 

Alek was not on the cranes holding the cameras for the Paris filming. I trust the producer and the cinematographer moreso than Alek. It’s possible certain songs had more angles than others. 

Let's see if anything turns up down the line. Leakers had loads of content we never knew existed and as I mentioned a few posts back, I would think Miramix or the company who took over owns the rights to the footage should any special edition of Truth Or Dare or should Madonna wish to release the Paris footage of it at some point would have to go through them.

The rest of the shows such as Nice, Barcelona, or Japan would be fair game at this point of Madonna releasing them on her own but hasn't done so.

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Alek was not on the cranes holding the cameras for the Paris filming. I trust the producer and the cinematographer moreso than Alek. It’s possible certain songs had more angles than others. 

Maybe Alek was referring to what was filmed for Truth or Dare.  The fact is; it's not known, so we can go round and round, arguing what is true, but nothing changes since nothing has shown up to prove it. 

Anyway, there are so many other shows which were filmed, so I never questioned if there could be a DVD of the show put together. I just don't believe Alek lied about what he filmed for the film in Paris.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-Truth-Dare-Blu-ray/dp/B07N3S8D6X/ref=sr_1_27?keywords=madonna+madame+x&qid=1580085222&sr=8-27

Another bare bones release up for pre-order here in the UK.

Why don't they just release an amazing box set with Blond Ambition tour.

I hate to say it but I think the copyright holders of all these tour recordings are waiting till our Queen is no longer here, that way they will have a best seller, rather than if they released it now.

Look at all the amazing stuff that's been released since Prince passed, the same will happen for Madonna I think.

TOD.jpg

2 hours ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

I hate to say it but I think the copyright holders of all these tour recordings are waiting till our Queen is no longer here, that way they will have a best seller, rather than if they released it now.

Look at all the amazing stuff that's been released since Prince passed, the same will happen for Madonna I think.

TOD.jpg

It is true. They make more on artists after they are dead. Look it up. Whitney, George, Prince Michael, Aretha etc

At this point, unfortunately, I think it won't happen as expected.

To tell the truth, I think we'll never get a commemorative Like a Prayer reissue or a box with special features from her back catalogue.

Not even an unexpected stream on her official channels to celebrate Virgin Tour 35th and Blond Ambition 30th anniversaries. 

Probally, only a f*** color or clear vinyl without extras every single year or those horrible pillows, keychains and t-shirts.

It's so upsetting.