steady75

*Rumor* Like A Prayer (Special Edition 4cd/dvd) Rhino

Recommended Posts

Rumoured 30th anniversary edition rerelease planned.

A 4CD/DVD edition through Cherry Red Records. 

Their Facebook page is talking about it and apparently is has Madonna’s approval.

?!?!?

If True I wonder if it will bridge the Blond Ambition era and include Vogue, Hanky Panky & Sooner Or Later. A bit like how George Michaels Listen Without Prejudice contained his Red Hot @ Dance tracks. 

 

What would it look like? 

Disc 1. Main album 

 

Disc 2. Remixes & Demos

1. Like A Prayer (dance mix)

2. Express Yourself (non stop express mix)

3. Cherish ( extended version)

4. Keep It Together (12” remix)

5. Oh Father (Single Edit)

6. Vogue (12”)

7. Hanky Panky ( Bare Bottom 12” mix)

6. Supernatural (cherish B side).

8. Angel With Dirty Faces (Demo)

9. First Theres A Kiss (Demo)

10. Love Attack ( Demo)

11. Just A Dream (Madonna demo version)

12. Possessive Love (Madonna version)

13. Sooner Or Later (Live from the Oscars)

 

Disc 3.

1. Blond Ambition live highlights CD

 

Disc 4. The videos 

The 5 official videos 

Express Yourself (MTV awards)

Vogue (MTV awards)

Sooner Or Later ( Live From the Oscars)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ryder said:

So November's Black Friday's release for RHINO [and M given it the Green Light] ...

apparently will include the unreleased recordings that went up for auction and done in 5 editions 1CD, 2CD, 4CD 12" Pic Disc and Vinyl Album..

Seems like a big project ... little time.

69593597_429499907910540_3849190540109152256_n.jpg

think i wait till it's official on Rhino or Cherry Red Records..otherwise i believe in nothing yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steffmad said:

think i wait till it's official on Rhino or Cherry Red Records..otherwise i believe in nothing yet. 

Arent we all? Again another LAP release but to me seems a big release - and unusual one too! Why do it in november and not for the 30th anniversary???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cherry Red isn't doing it, they're too niche for that, and Madonna is still a major legendary artist. Most probably Rhino. I don't know anything for certain, but I definitely know what I'd love to see! Complete remixes from the era, if not even more goodies on top!  I made a list back in the day, it would most probably be four discs.

LIKE A PRAYER

7" Version                     (5:24)
7" Version - With Fade         (5:10)
7" Remix/Edit                  (5:45)
7" Dance Edit                  (5:24)
12" Extended Remix             (7:27)
Churchapella                   (6:09)
12" Club Version               (6:35)
12" Dance Mix                  (7:56)
Instra Dub                     (6:01)
Bass Dub                       (5:49)
Dub Beats                      (4:39) 
____________________________________
                              (61:19)


 EXPRESS YOURSELF

7'' Remix                     (4:30)                             
Remix/Edit                    (5:00) 
Local Mix                     (6:27)
Non-Stop Express Mix          (8:03)
Stop & Go Dubs               (10:52)
______________________________________
                             (34:52)

CHERISH (+SUPERNATURAL)   

7" Version/Fade             (4:06)                        
Extended Version            (6:17)
Supernatural                (5:11)
____________________________________
                           (15:34)
                            

                            
   OH FATHER                         

Edit                         (4:26)
_______________________________________
                             (4:26)
                            


  DEAR JESSIE

Fade/Single Mix                (4:24)
________________________________________
                               (4:24)


    KEEP IT TOGETHER

7" Mix                       (4:48)
Single Mix                   (4:33)
12" Extended Mix             (7:21)
12" Remix                    (7:52)
12" Mix                      (6:54)
Instrumental                 (5:52)
Dub                          (7:01)
Bonus Beats                  (3:27)
_____________________________________
                            (47:47)

 

 

What would be the best way to organize all of this? All of this plus the album is 220 minutes, so maybe it could somehow fit on three discs. Slim chance on getting the fade of "Dear Jessie" on the album too, since it's pretty identical to the album mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Cherry Red isn't doing it, they're too niche for that, and Madonna is still a major legendary artist. Most probably Rhino. I don't know anything for certain, but I definitely know what I'd love to see! Complete remixes from the era, if not even more goodies on top!  I made a list back in the day, it would most probably be four discs.

They re-released Kylie's first 4 albums, so I don't think that them doing Madonna is too far out of the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, managed to squeeze everything like
Disc 1: Orig album + major extended mixes of the four "main" singles (LAP 12'' extended, EP local mix, Cherish Extended, KIT 12'' Extended) 
Disc 2: Single Mixes, 7'' Mixes & Remixes
Disc 3: Dubs + Supernatural + room for a couple of more demos

PERFECT I TELL YA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this is why Pat Leonard's Instrumental reowrkings album has disappeared from sight, without any news or development. Word is he got funding from a major source. Maybe Madonna pulled the plug and has him working on the re-issue instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryder said:

So November's Black Friday's release for RHINO [and M given it the Green Light] ...

apparently will include the unreleased recordings that went up for auction and done in 5 editions 1CD, 2CD, 4CD 12" Pic Disc and Vinyl Album..

Seems like a big project ... little time.

69593597_429499907910540_3849190540109152256_n.jpg

Where did you see it? Do you have the link?? If it's true, it would be an amazing project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah maybe some of his reworkings will Be on this special edition as 2020 versions with Madonna’s vocals. Maybe they’ll farm some remixes out to current DJ’s and have some features a bit like the Michael Jackson reissues. 

Express Yourself 2020 feat Cardi B

Keep It Together 2020 feat Merci James and David Banda.

LoveSong 2020 feat Swae Lee

Til Death Do Us part 2020 feat Janelle Monáe 

Like A Prayer 2020 feat Lenny Kravitz and Mary J Blige

Spanish Eyes Ft Maluma 

Cherish 2020 feat Taylor Swift

Act Of Contrition feat Lizzo @ T Pain as the computer. 

Dear Jessie feat Estere & Stella & Diplo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Express Yourself 2020 feat Cardi B

Keep It Together 2020 feat Merci James and David Banda.

LoveSong 2020 feat Swae Lee

Til Death Do Us part 2020 feat Janelle Monáe 

Like A Prayer 2020 feat Lenny Kravitz and Mary J Blige

Spanish Eyes Ft Maluma 

Cherish 2020 feat Taylor Swift

Act Of Contrition feat Lizzo @ T Pain as the computer. 

Dear Jessie feat Estere & Stella & Diplo

 

 

If this happens, they can keep it. Even Madonna's reworkings are better left in the fridge. Even Pat's dated-sounding instrumentals were pretty bad. Don't mess with perfection, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Future Lover said:

 

If this happens, they can keep it. Even Madonna's reworkings are better left in the fridge. Even Pat's dated-sounding instrumentals were pretty bad. Don't mess with perfection, really.

Ha

It was a full joke. 

T pain as the computer!?!?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah maybe some of his reworkings will Be on this special edition as 2020 versions with Madonna’s vocals. Maybe they’ll farm some remixes out to current DJ’s and have some features a bit like the Michael Jackson reissues. 

Express Yourself 2020 feat Cardi B

Keep It Together 2020 feat Merci James and David Banda.

LoveSong 2020 feat Swae Lee

Til Death Do Us part 2020 feat Janelle Monáe 

Like A Prayer 2020 feat Lenny Kravitz and Mary J Blige

Spanish Eyes Ft Maluma 

Cherish 2020 feat Taylor Swift

Act Of Contrition feat Lizzo @ T Pain as the computer. 

Dear Jessie feat Estere & Stella & Diplo

 

I can't wait for the X-rated version of Dear Jessie :smuglaugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, poserdemadonna said:

I can't wait for the X-rated version of Dear Jessie :smuglaugh:

Perfume, Switchblade,

Absinthe, Novocaine

Pink Elephants and Lemonade

Dear Jessie hear the laughter

running through the love parade

Candy kisses and you're not on trial

Bend over Jessie

see the roses and I'll make you smile

:bananawave:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drink me up champagne lemonade its my game

Dear Jessie can u hear the laughter its your name

Drink a fountain of rose gold and you can never grow old

Where dreams are made and bitches get paid

Dear Jessie this Cardi and I wonder what you done

Don't do number 2 rain on a parade like number 1

I get pissed off and you get pissed on

...Look at what your legacy has become? :03:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Perfume, Switchblade,

Absinthe, Novocaine

Pink Elephants and Lemonade

Dear Jessie hear the laughter

running through the love parade

Candy kisses and you're not on trial

Bend over Jessie

see the roses and I'll make you smile

:bananawave:

 

 

 

OMG what have you done? :04:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.