Phone-Free Performance

truerebel

3 hours ago, Rupert76 said:

respect your point of view but mine is different. I hate mobile phones, but if it's not forbidden to use it

well... I guess it is now! so, try to enjoy the experience for all of us who won't be able to attend and wish to see it in flesh and bone instead of through a screen.

53 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Hopefully even Madonna will be phone-free!

She seems like she can't do anything without her iphone lately.

She has been caught using it many times in theatres, too. Bad girl! You need Yondr too cause you can't pay attention to anything but yourself! :lol:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/22/dave-chappelles-no-cellphone-rule-doesnt-apply-to-madonna/

wasn't M that said in a Tears of a Clown show "I feel you're more interested in taking a picture of me than what I have to say"?

I support her in this. i know people like to take pictures or record, but I feel it's not alright to record the whole thing. besides killing the surprises of the show for those who don't go to the opening night, it's quite a bother for those around. i hope this helps people actually focus on the show.

also, this is not something new either. acts like Jack White and King Crimson demmand the same thing (White uses the exactly same technology for all this shows), and I swear I have never seen anyone complain about it this much as some M fans.

= = = = = 

alright, you're going to the show. enjoy the show then. feel the experience of actually being there instead of focusing if yoour recording's worrking. immerse yourself in the experience. I used to record before, and then I lament I wasn't feeling the music while i was actualy there. this is why I never record or take pictures (just a picture of the stage once I get to my place).

8 minutes ago, mr00mister said:

besides killing the surprises of the show for those who don't go to the opening night

This makes zero sense to me.  Exercise some self control and avoid searching for spoilers if you don't want to know, rather than blaming people who are excited about what they saw.  To me it's the opposite, I enjoy the show a lot less if I don't know what highlights to look out for, etc.  I'm all about spoilers, and I hate surprises.

45 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

This makes zero sense to me.  Exercise some self control and avoid searching for spoilers if you don't want to know, rather than blaming people who are excited about what they saw.  To me it's the opposite, I enjoy the show a lot less if I don't know what highlights to look out for, etc.  I'm all about spoilers, and I hate surprises.

We live in a world where you can't avoid spoilers. It's possible for 1 or 2 days but it's impossible after that even if you do the best to avoid spoilers.

To avoid spoliers this time you also need to unfollow M on her social medias!

I think we ALL hate to be disturbed by people cell phones especially with the standing crowd. You can't see anything. That is why I prefer seated venues.

But also we'll hate not being able to comment Periscope videoos live on this forum and have full live show filmed in a better quality than the official one. Imagine if for this tour we get a Virgin Tour treatment: only one pro-shot and with songs missing (Detroit) and some bad fan made (Dallas), plus many news report with the same opening number. Some people will die!!! Me too probably.

Two more considearations:

1 If they remove Madonna's phone too we have a slight chance she'll start earlier than midnight (she has her own time zone, rehearsals are always ending between 4 and 6 in the morning as we can see from dancers and musicians IG stories)

2 If the rule is strict.... well @RUADJAIwe all depend on you on opening night! We expect a post as long as War and Peace after the experience :pray:

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Two more considearations:

1 If they remove Madonna's phone too we have a slight chance she'll start earlier than midnight (she has her own time zone, rehearsals are always ending between 4 and 6 in the morning as we can see from dancers and musicians IG stories)

2 If the rule is strict.... well @RUADJAIwe all depend on you on opening night! We expect a post as long as War and Peace after the experience :pray:

Words are my second language :Madonna033:  

I do have two phones though...  :Madonna032:

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

No no no no no.... I remember the feeling I had when i saw Reinvention (Without knowing ANYTHING) and the chills that went up my spine hearing her recite the Beast Within.  Something so dark and haunting and visually stunning... Nothing like anything she had ever done before. The arabic(?) vocal from Erotica droning behind her, the Red Dress, the wolves, the moving screens, the stuttering video. I had no idea what was coming next. The last thing I expected was Vogue. I haven't had that feeling at a Madonna concert since and it's only been my own fault. Searching for video clips online of her coming out of disco balls. Seeing the MDNA stage move, hearing the remixes of Sticky & Sweet. Nothing can compare to not knowing. I do NOT want to know anything in advance. Luckily it will be easy for me since I am seeing opening night (out of luck). I respect your opinion, but if you have never seen a M concert like this, I suggest you try. 

36 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

No no no no no.... I remember the feeling I had when i saw Reinvention (Without knowing ANYTHING) and the chills that went up my spine hearing her recite the Beast Within.  Something so dark and haunting and visually stunning... Nothing like anything she had ever done before. The arabic(?) vocal from Erotica droning behind her, the Red Dress, the wolves, the moving screens, the stuttering video. I had no idea what was coming next. The last thing I expected was Vogue. I haven't had that feeling at a Madonna concert since and it's only been my own fault. Searching for video clips online of her coming out of disco balls. Seeing the MDNA stage move, hearing the remixes of Sticky & Sweet. Nothing can compare to not knowing. I do NOT want to know anything in advance. Luckily it will be easy for me since I am seeing opening night (out of luck). I respect your opinion, but if you have never seen a M concert like this, I suggest you try. 

I respect your opinion, but I've seen every tour like this until RH. :) I've been fortunate enough to see every tour I've been to multiple times, and I always enjoy the subsequent viewings more or when I know what to expect.  I want to know when she'll have her impromptu speeches, the surprise songs, etc.

I can honestly understand and sympathize with all sides on this. In the end, it's Madonna's show and she can do what she wants, but, I think she's making a mistake. Giving fans that special chance to personally record or take pics was good promo and made people want to go that much more to the show and even a multiple of times. I was hoping to be able to swing going to Vegas to take photos but now I'm not even going to entertain the idea of it anymore. I will always love Madonna but I do think she's making a mistake with this policy and with letting Live Nation control ticket prices the way they have.  The greed and taking the fun out more and more is off the hook sad. ? With all that said, I'm sure the show will be fantastic and worth it. Let's just hope there is a Live stream event planned and a DVD. 

Edited by Voguerista (see edit history)

8 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Words are my second language :Madonna033:  

Don't mince words, don't be evasive
Speak your mind, be persuasive
A pledge, a commitment, communication, words

I'm in love with your words!

8 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I'm hoping more for a high quality audio recording than anything else.  Hopefully one of these will surface!

Absolutely! A nice soundboard wouldn't be bad at all!

I'd love another ear monitor recording!

Unfortunately,she's not doing Japan this time. I don't know exactly how it works.

41 minutes ago, xavier said:

is this no phone policy just for the first show/opening night or whole tour

I think for the whole tour, at least the US dates!

8 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Don't mince words, don't be evasive
Speak your mind, be persuasive
A pledge, a commitment, communication, words

I'm in love with your words!

Absolutely! A nice soundboard wouldn't be bad at all!

I'd love another ear monitor recording!

Unfortunately,she's not doing Japan this time. I don't know exactly how it works.

I think for the whole tour, at least the US dates!

Thanks

On 9/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, George74 said:

when you go to the opera, you switch off your phone

when you go to the theater, you switch off your phone

when you go to the movies, you switch off your phone

when you go to the restaurant with your partner or with your friends, you switch off your phone

when you are invited to somebody's place, you switch off your phone

do you know why ?

Because it is the minimum of respect to have for the artists performing, the other spectators, your friends at the table ... etc

enjoy the show through your eyes, live the moment as it happens and not through your phone

wake up ! wake up !

So true! Good points. I just hope she's planning a live stream and DVD.  

Edited by Voguerista (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Jet said:

It was that way for me with opening night of the girlie show...knowing nothing except for the few bits of sound check we could hear through the stadium walls. It’s such an exciting feeling not knowing what to expect. I miss those days!

What I would have done to experience the Girlie Show LIVE! Sadly I was only 12 and I guess my mom didn't want me to see it. She did buy me tickets to the "Janet" tour. But she kept me from seeing Truth or Dare for yeeeeeears. Probably to slow down the gayness that was escaping my body. 

Do you remember the sound check songs you heard?