Phone-Free Performance

truerebel

I like to take a few pictures as a souvenir, and it never stoped me from enjoying any show. People can say: you can get pictures on the press, online...It's not the same thing. I dont feel a anything using other people's pictures, especially those professional ones...Like a picture from each song is not that much.

The no pictures, no recording policy always existed...it was always printed in the back of the tickets. The new thing is the yondr cases. 

On the portuguese ticket says: keep the cellphone off during the event. No audio or video recording.

No, I'm not gonna keep the cellphone off...I may turn off the sound but not the phone completly. Vibration mode.

If i'm going to send sms, instagram or facebook direct videos, take selfies and post right in that moment? No. But my phone will be on for those who are important to me, and Madonna, or any venue policy is not more important then them. 

And because some rules were made to be broken...I'll take a second phone with no sim card, just to record the audio :-) And I dont care if the audio will be horrible...it's my audio ;-) Arrest me, Madame X! :lol:

I came across an article that stated that Madonna will implement a “no phone/camera” policy during the Madame X Tour. 

Some venues have been using Yondr pouches that physically lock up your device, so that it cannot be accessed during the show. What are your thoughts on this? 

I personally believe this is a fantastic idea. Nothing is worse than not being able to see the stage due to a sea of smartphones being held up.  It will force fans to enjoy the music and the company of each other.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

What I would have done to experience the Girlie Show LIVE! Sadly I was only 12 and I guess my mom didn't want me to see it. She did buy me tickets to the "Janet" tour. But she kept me from seeing Truth or Dare for yeeeeeears. Probably to slow down the gayness that was escaping my body. 

:Madonna049:

I don't think Madonna will be late like she usually is. For one thing the show won't be as over the top as an arena show and therefore not as many safety checks - Madonna is known to be very serious about multiple checks because someone could get seriously injured or killed. Secondly theaters are a little more strict about showtimes, yes, it's Madonna, but there is a limit. Number three, if they are making you lock up your phones and you're by yourself that's going to be a pretty miserable experience waiting forever. Fourth and last point, the showtimes are 9:30. Previously they were something like 8pm, so she's already built in her cushion.

As for the no drinks, I'm a little curious about that since it will be sort of odd if there aren't cocktails offered at a Madonna show.

1 hour ago, jmrgby88 said:

I'm going alone to my show so I find the idea of having my phone physically locked away pretty crap considering she'll no doubt be two hours late and I'll have to just sit in my seat staring straight ahead with nothing to do before the show starts. 

Omg I never thought of that! It’s going to be so boring before. I think she will come out at 10 but still

After the cellphones they are now declating war to fake merchandise:

Madonna‘s concert series in New York City should be a great time for fans of the “Material Girl,” but anyone trying to sell rip-off materials — hats, t-shirts, posters, etc. — better think twice.

Live Nation — the company promoting Madge’s upcoming shows at Brooklyn’s Howard Gilman Opera House — has filed legal docs as a preemptive strike against “bootleggers” attempting to hawk bootleg Madonna merchandise nearby the venue.

According to the docs … Live Nation wants folks attempting to sell unauthorized concert gear to be banned at all 17 shows scheduled in September and October. This includes apparel, buttons, tour books and anything else that jacks Madonna’s trademarks without permission.

Live Nation claims bootleggers cause huge financial losses, and it’s asking the court to order them to turn over any rip-off merch for destruction … and give cops the power to seize unauthorized items found in the area.

https://madonnaunderground.com/madonna-merch-bootleggers-beware-live-nation-takes-aim-in-brooklyn/

I have to say, as someone living in a country where she hasn't announced any shows, I'm very sad that phones will be locked away, I mean, I truly understand the feeling of being disconnected by the audience, but putting a ban on smartphones will cut off any connection that we (many times left out of the "world" tour) latin americans.

Have a great show everybody, I hope she will snatch your wigs off.

As for the time being, I will be praying for her to come to Brazil. :(

4 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I don't think Madonna will be late like she usually is. For one thing the show won't be as over the top as an arena show and therefore not as many safety checks - Madonna is known to be very serious about multiple checks because someone could get seriously injured or killed. Secondly theaters are a little more strict about showtimes, yes, it's Madonna, but there is a limit. Number three, if they are making you lock up your phones and you're by yourself that's going to be a pretty miserable experience waiting forever. Fourth and last point, the showtimes are 9:30. Previously they were something like 8pm, so she's already built in her cushion.

As for the no drinks, I'm a little curious about that since it will be sort of odd if there aren't cocktails offered at a Madonna show.

where did you read that there will be no drinks offered?

4 hours ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I have to say, as someone living in a country where she hasn't announced any shows, I'm very sad that phones will be locked away, I mean, I truly understand the feeling of being disconnected by the audience, but putting a ban on smartphones will cut off any connection that we (many times left out of the "world" tour) latin americans.

Have a great show everybody, I hope she will snatch your wigs off.

As for the time being, I will be praying for her to come to Brazil. :(

I'd say Brazil has a better chance to get a few shows announced than Chile! When she toured the region in 2008 I really expected her to film the DVD in Rio/Sao Paulo. It would have been incredible! However, I am sure economic and political turmoil in recent years has prevented Live Nation from bringing her tours here, and festivals seem to be the thing right now 'cause people are willing to pay money to see more than one act at the same time. I'm flying all the way to London just to see her! I've got the strange feeling this could really be one of her last... Hope I'm wrong.

9 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

I'm going alone to my show so I find the idea of having my phone physically locked away pretty crap considering she'll no doubt be two hours late and I'll have to just sit in my seat staring straight ahead with nothing to do before the show starts. 

Maybe you could......talk to other people/fans :smile:

15 hours ago, Enrico said:

Madonna‘s concert series in New York City should be a great time for fans of the “Material Girl,” but anyone trying to sell rip-off materials — hats, t-shirts, posters, etc. — better think twice.

Live Nation — the company promoting Madge’s upcoming shows at Brooklyn’s Howard Gilman Opera House — has filed legal docs as a preemptive strike against “bootleggers” attempting to hawk bootleg Madonna merchandise nearby the venue.

According to the docs … Live Nation wants folks attempting to sell unauthorized concert gear to be banned at all 17 shows scheduled in September and October. This includes apparel, buttons, tour books and anything else that jacks Madonna’s trademarks without permission.

Live Nation claims bootleggers cause huge financial losses, and it’s asking the court to order them to turn over any rip-off merch for destruction … and give cops the power to seize unauthorized items found in the area.

https://madonnaunderground.com/madonna-merch-bootleggers-beware-live-nation-takes-aim-in-brooklyn/

This reminds me of when I went to MDNA in Atlanta there was a guy on the side of the street selling tee shirts. He was saying, “Vogue, vogue for your loved ones!”

2 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

I'd be more than happy to chat to people but I can't force complete strangers to interact with me just because I've gone to a show alone. If the people next to me aren't friendly, I'm in a quandary. 

Sadly, the people I've sat next to randomly at Madonna concerts have never been friendly, unlike other artists.

9 hours ago, ITG said:

Maybe you could......talk to other people/fans :smile:

2 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

I'd be more than happy to chat to people but I can't force complete strangers to interact with me just because I've gone to a show alone. If the people next to me aren't friendly, I'm in a quandary. 

15 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Sadly, the people I've sat next to randomly at Madonna concerts have never been friendly, unlike other artists.

That's exactly my experience.

I've seen Madonna in Italy (most of times with friends) and in the UK (always on my own). In London it's always been hard to talk with people staying close to me; I remember vividly the case of a boy who was on his own to at RIT! Sorry English people, don't mean any offense! I only attracted people's attention when I was dressed as Unapologetic Dick (Tracy) during RHT :dead:

It was definitely very different in Glasgow 2015... maybe cause they were all drunk  :)

20 hours ago, Enrico said:

I've never seen bootleggers nearby a Madonna concert

On 9/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, madenis said:

It's a good move in my point of view. Some are so obsessed with their phones that they don't enjoy the moment

this summer I have seen a lot of people filming as they walked down the halls of museums but they didn't even bother to look at the paintings etc

5 hours ago, xavier said:

I like your "meme", even if we have different opinions ;-) It's funny...but people still used cameras..

And I like mine too ;-) By the way, this is meant to make people have a laugh, not offend anyone with a different opinion. Even if I like taking pictures, I dont do facebook or insta live videos, I dont post while i'm in a show. I just use to take a picture on each sonh or when she his talking...but i cant do it this time, I wont  die. Lets have fun!

Lisbon 2.jpg

lisbon.jpg

5 hours ago, Rupert76 said:

Really? Interesting... 

Show us some picture ?:party:

That was not the final outfit, which was better, but that was the basically the idea. Unfortunately there was another Dick Tracy in the US, he's even on the dvd. But Guy Oseary loved the idea and the original logo and took pictures of it. But those nights Graham Norton and Stella McCartney went on stage, I really had no chance.