Poll: The Madame X Tour Setlist

groovyguy

The Madame X Tour Setlist!  

132 members voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Madame X Tour Setlist?

• XXXXX
    • XXXX
    • XXX
    • XX
    • X
  2. 2. Which segment are you most excited about?

• 1st Segment
    • 2nd Segment
    • 3rd Segment

6 hours ago, Ashley Nichols said:

It was. With a Studio 54 spin. 

I really don't feel their point of view, sorry.

Specifying that my own family and I myself have lost one of our dearests because of a crime connected with the gun control just four years ago and I've been through therapy and depression, starting to rise up just in the last two years, I think that the personal sensibility should leave space to more rational judgements in this kind of cases. These are real tragedies and nobody could ever find a way to understand and adequately tell how a thing like this can change and hurt the soul of a person for the rest of their lives. How deep are the trauma and the pain, when you suddenly discover that everything is possible in our own lives, everyday, when you'd never expect them to happen. But I don't think that it was ever ment to be the point.

She's making a statement with the song and the video, she is pointing the issue in the most explicit and courageous way possible, straight and brutal as the situation is. How many influencial artists are really taking a role, a part to make the gun control, as the respect of the humbles rights (thinking of Killers), the necessity to resist and speak out loud against authoritarianism (Batuka, Dark Ballet) or the urgency to be responsable for  the climate change we're causing (Future), a real issue and core theme of their art and career? How many are really exposing themeselves, charity causes excluded, wich are so mediaticly effective, contrary to be openly politicaly lined up like this.

I mean, she is doing it, she is representing the gravity of the situation tough as it is, with her own usual controversial, excessive, sometimes even campy and erratic way. She is there and I really don't think that she is making it imagining to gain some economic or mediatic advantage at this point, honestly ... wich is not happening actually. I'm honestly proud of her and her record (I simply want her to include RAIN in the setlist and in the forthcoming live blueray :lol:)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RinoTheBouncer

The thing is, I really love the album, and I'm very happy that she's doing most of the album tracks. What's bothering me though is that Looking For Mercy isn't there and it's one of the best tracks on the album and could've easily replaced the cover songs or the oldies, and also that her Instagram gave a completely wrong impression on the show being a concert for the hardcore fans featuring her forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Rescue Me, X-Static Process and Falling Free, yet none of those tracks

Enrico

Unfortunately, this album lacks a track that can work as a great opener. God Control is not doing well enoough, from the first fan reaction. Maybe cause the first part is slow, then there's the choir, then it's a spoken part. It's not Express Yourself. I need to see the show to understand what IDSIF has to do with this political section. The coffin interlude gave me the idea that she could be killed many times during the show and the survive at the end, singing I rise. The 2nd Segment

Bitch I’m Madonna

I'm sorry but this tour is even bigger need of changes than the previous tour. A self-serving and ignorant mess of a show. Madame X World Tour 1. God Control 2. Vogue 3. American Life 4. Dark Ballet 5. Papa Don't Preach / Die Another Day 6. I Rise 7. (I Don't Search I Find) 8. Rescue Me 9. Frozen 10. Nothing Really Matters 11. Extreme Occident 12. Easy Ride 13. (What It Feels Like for a Girl) 14. Killers Who Are Partying 15. Medellín / Bitch I'm

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, stefo said:

I really don't feel their point of view, sorry.

I can see their point of view and especially since the video was released in June during Pride month in the U.S.

As I've said previously on here, M has sowed dark seeds with that video. 

There were many other creative options she could have chosen to represent gun control in the U.S. and not reference LGBTI tragedy and trigger trauma in victims. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Ashley Nichols said:

God Control and I Rise are two songs she could have easily ditched. I actually consider them to be in the same category as Hey You in her catalogue now. 

Good to catch attention, yet not worthy to be given performance time unless it's for a political purpose. 

Most of the Madame X album is pretty much bottom-tier in her discography. It's a shame she's doing so much from it on tour.

17 hours ago, Polaris said:

In my opinion it's the worst set list ever. I will not discuss production, costumes, stage, choreography etc. because I didn't attend the show but the setlist is huge disappointment. After all IG teasing with oldies, I was so happy to hear Rescue me and Easy ride, at least, on the tour but we got:

- Human nature??? REALLY!?!???? AGAIN!!!!???

- part of EY acapella

- part of Papa don't preach

- Vogue same as by pride 

- American Life same as by pride

- LAP same as by ESC ???

- part of La Isla Bonita 

- cover songs, with such big catalogue?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ 

- and the only surprise among old songs is Frozen

I don't want to sound negative and I know this tour supports MADAMEX album but, it was always like 50% new material and 50% old songs. We got few songs that she already played and played... there r no surprises, except Frozen... setlist looks so lazy, unfinished, uninspiring and simply boring... no invention, no improvement... I don't get the point of rehearsal posting on IG and almost nothing ends to the final setlist, so the disappointing is even bigger, at least in my case... 

I paid 400€ for the ticket, plus flight and hotel, I expected more than this to be honest... 

PREACH!!! These ass-licking kind of fans are pissing me the fuck off! Imagine paying so much fucking money on a show that is just her 5 usual oldies plus Madame X. No surprises, nothing she's actually been teasing. She honestly sucks for giving that much of a false expectation. I didn't think I could be even more disappointed than I was after the last tour.

1 hour ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

PREACH!!! These ass-licking kind of fans are pissing me the fuck off! Imagine paying so much fucking money on a show that is just her 5 usual oldies plus Madame X. No surprises, nothing she's actually been teasing. She honestly sucks for giving that much of a false expectation. I didn't think I could be even more disappointed than I was after the last tour.

are you even going to the madame x show ..be honest and did you attend rebel heart tour ..youre so negative sorry 

i'm quite surprised madonna didn't include faz gostoso.
i know, it's a cover, but one very – if not the most – upbeat song of madame x.

other than that, with this setlist she seems to be heavily promoting her latest album, more so than usual, visible by the few oldies she decided to include.

The thing is, I really love the album, and I'm very happy that she's doing most of the album tracks. What's bothering me though is that Looking For Mercy isn't there and it's one of the best tracks on the album and could've easily replaced the cover songs or the oldies, and also that her Instagram gave a completely wrong impression on the show being a concert for the hardcore fans featuring her forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Rescue Me, X-Static Process and Falling Free, yet none of those tracks made it properly to the show.

Madonna's been emphasizing on the Madame X persona being a secret agent since the very first teaser of the album, yet she didn't do much to flesh her out and she could've used more songs and more set pieces to emphasize on her being an actual secret agent, changing identities and exposing cultures..etc. I can't believe how Die Another Day which is literally the song about a spy/secret agent captured and tortured till she fools them and escapes didn't make it to the show. Beautiful Killer would've also perfectly fit the show, and even Bad Girl would've been insanely good. I could easily replace Human Nature or the two covers with those. Sure it isn't my show to decide but this is just my perspective.

I've heard other fans say that some fans say that some segments in the show felt awkward and unfitting and that's exactly the impression I got from the leaked material and the setlist itself. Like I feel like while the show is divided into acts, the acts sort of bleed onto one another and don't feel distinctive not to mention how the visuals are either uninspired or the songs just not fitting well with one another. I feel like the show's weakest point is the setlist. Again, I'm happy that there are more songs from Madame X because I don't just go there to listen to Vogue for the 1000th time, but the way the songs are arranged either doesn't fit one another, as well as setting the wrong expectations on Instagram.

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The thing is, I really love the album, and I'm very happy that she's doing most of the album tracks. What's bothering me though is that Looking For Mercy isn't there and it's one of the best tracks on the album and could've easily replaced the cover songs or the oldies, and also that her Instagram gave a completely wrong impression on the show being a concert for the hardcore fans featuring her forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Rescue Me, X-Static Process and Falling Free, yet none of those tracks made it properly to the show.

Madonna's been emphasizing on the Madame X persona being a secret agent since the very first teaser of the album, yet she didn't do much to flesh her out and she could've used more songs and more set pieces to emphasize on her being an actual secret agent, changing identities and exposing cultures..etc. I can't believe how Die Another Day which is literally the song about a spy/secret agent captured and tortured till she fools them and escapes didn't make it to the show. Beautiful Killer would've also perfectly fit the show, and even Bad Girl would've been insanely good. I could easily replace Human Nature or the two covers with those. Sure it isn't my show to decide but this is just my perspective.

I've heard other fans say that some fans say that some segments in the show felt awkward and unfitting and that's exactly the impression I got from the leaked material and the setlist itself. Like I feel like while the show is divided into acts, the acts sort of bleed onto one another and don't feel distinctive not to mention how the visuals are either uninspired or the songs just not fitting well with one another. I feel like the show's weakest point is the setlist. Again, I'm happy that there are more songs from Madame X because I don't just go there to listen to Vogue for the 1000th time, but the way the songs are arranged either doesn't fit one another, as well as setting the wrong expectations on Instagram.

I think she has rehearsed all of the songs you mentioned and they could make a appearance later in the show maybe in europe except rescue me ...that song is too DEMANDING vocally for her plus i dont think she has ever performed a spoken song live - beautiful killer could have fitted in perfectly and its a great track too ...maybe after vogue 

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

• Fighter unfeatured this topic

Wow. So much hatred and pickiness for a show y'all haven't seen. It's like judging a movie by reading the script and not seeing it. Pointless.

The setlist is not what I expected, but I'm glad she's doing so many songs from MmeX and I am very curious to experience what she does with the classics. Too bad for Easy Ride and Rescue Me, but that doesn't mean the show is flawed.

Let's take it as she wants it to be, not what we expect from her.

I get the disappointed opinions of others re the setlist etc, but for a lifetime we,ve thought and discussed what she's done, or doing, or will do and demanding to know what's next. I,m not a sheep and wouldn't necessarily lap up anything served, but I,m loving how she said she was going to change the way she does concerts and she's done exactly that... in her own way. She won't do what everyone else is doing....or wants from her. That's why I still admire her. Luckily I love the album and she's ensuring she's leading the way.....again

22 hours ago, mark perry said:

I think she has rehearsed all of the songs you mentioned and they could make a appearance later in the show maybe in europe except rescue me ...that song is too DEMANDING vocally for her plus i dont think she has ever performed a spoken song live - beautiful killer could have fitted in perfectly and its a great track too ...maybe after vogue 

Yeah, I really hope that throughout those 92 shows so far, there will be some changes to the show. We could all do without the covers, we could do without one more rendition of Vogue or Human Nature. Some songs from her catalogue are so great and fitting and they lack any official visual to them. For her to perform them here and then release a Blu-Ray would be a dream come true to many of us.

I won't make a long post since many already have, but I don't understand the covers, either, I think it's a bit ridiculous when you have the back catalog of the century to choose from. I also think American Life shouldn't have even been considered since she left so little room for her back catalog. I would have also left off Killers Who Are Partying and Medellin simply because Killers isn't all that great lyrically and Medellin is too much of a duet.

I think she should have included What It Feels Like For a Girl (Spanish version), Joan of Arc (ballad version), Looking For Mercy, and perhaps Rain or maybe Bad Girl or an uptempo song like Open Your Heart.

I think just doing snippets of her previous hits is also a disappointment.

I completely understand why Rescue Me was dumped. That song requires Madonna's soulful voice, and she doesn't have the vocal stamina to perform that song night after night, but still, it would have been amazing.

I'm going to one of the Chicago shows, and I am very excited to be 7 rows from the stage and I know I will enjoy the show, I just feel like the setlist wasn't really thought through.

1 hour ago, Jet said:

I take this all back, after giving in and hearing the snippets I’ve heard, I have to say the set list sounds perfect-magical even. She’s done it again. 

I agree. It's very different at the show as there's a theatrical arc that she follows. Human Nature on paper looks super lame, but live it totally works. I also have to remind myself that this is not a stadium show and the format is very different - so even if she did the entire Rebel Heart Tour setlist, the show would be completely different.

I know LAP gets a lot of hate these days for being overplayed but on this tour, as on MDNA, it 'fits' perfectly and is actually a big celebration / release after some of the darkness and seriousness. Perhaps the DWT needed that before LIB & Holiday? :D