Poll: The Madame X Tour Setlist

groovyguy

The Madame X Tour Setlist!  

132 members voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Madame X Tour Setlist?

• XXXXX
    • XXXX
    • XXX
    • XX
    • X
  2. 2. Which segment are you most excited about?

• 1st Segment
    • 2nd Segment
    • 3rd Segment

How do you like the Madame X Tour Setlist?

Which segment excites you?

Discuss.

The setlist of the Madame X Tour promotes her Madame X album.

1st Segment

God Control

Dark Ballet

Human Nature

Express Yourself (chorus acapella)

Vogue 

I Don't Search I Find

Papa Don't Preach (1st verse + chorus)

American Life

2nd Segment

(interlude)

Batuka

Fado Pechincha (with Gasper Varela)

Killers Who Are Partying 

Crazy 

Welcome to my Fado Club / La Isla Bonita (chorus)

Sodade (cover of Cesaria Evora)

Medellin

Extreme Occident

3rd Segment

Rescue Me (interlude)

Frozen

Come Alive

Future

Crave (Tracy Young Remix)

Like A Prayer

I Rise

The show puts a strong emphasis on the new album, with no less than 12 Madame X songs in the setlist. Several older songs are cut short to only a verse or chorus. Madonna also includes some Fado songs that inspired her for the album. She takes advantage of the intimate setting to have several interactions with the audience throughout the show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RinoTheBouncer

The thing is, I really love the album, and I'm very happy that she's doing most of the album tracks. What's bothering me though is that Looking For Mercy isn't there and it's one of the best tracks on the album and could've easily replaced the cover songs or the oldies, and also that her Instagram gave a completely wrong impression on the show being a concert for the hardcore fans featuring her forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Rescue Me, X-Static Process and Falling Free, yet none of those tracks

Enrico

Unfortunately, this album lacks a track that can work as a great opener. God Control is not doing well enoough, from the first fan reaction. Maybe cause the first part is slow, then there's the choir, then it's a spoken part. It's not Express Yourself. I need to see the show to understand what IDSIF has to do with this political section. The coffin interlude gave me the idea that she could be killed many times during the show and the survive at the end, singing I rise. The 2nd Segment

Bitch I’m Madonna

I'm sorry but this tour is even bigger need of changes than the previous tour. A self-serving and ignorant mess of a show. Madame X World Tour 1. God Control 2. Vogue 3. American Life 4. Dark Ballet 5. Papa Don't Preach / Die Another Day 6. I Rise 7. (I Don't Search I Find) 8. Rescue Me 9. Frozen 10. Nothing Really Matters 11. Extreme Occident 12. Easy Ride 13. (What It Feels Like for a Girl) 14. Killers Who Are Partying 15. Medellín / Bitch I'm

Posted Images

I love Madame X, but the set list needs improving. I would replace one of the fado covers with Crave (album version or acoustic) and replace Crave remix with Ray of light. Another song or two would be great (Easy ride, bad girl, rain, nothing really matters, oh father), but I don't want to ask for too much ahaha

The show flows really well so I think the setlist is good but I wish it had more surprises. Rescue Me is the one surprise for a hardcore fan. Of course not taking into account the visual aspect. So many tracks from Erotica, AL and ROL that would fit so well...

Unfortunately, this album lacks a track that can work as a great opener. God Control is not doing well enoough, from the first fan reaction. Maybe cause the first part is slow, then there's the choir, then it's a spoken part. It's not Express Yourself.

I need to see the show to understand what IDSIF has to do with this political section. The coffin interlude gave me the idea that she could be killed many times during the show and the survive at the end, singing I rise.

The 2nd Segment is interesting, but risks to be boring. I think it would have been perfect had she reworked some of her old songs as fado, as we heard Like a virgin in the documentary.

The 3rd Segment is the most confusing. Rescue me as an interlude only is of course the greatest disappointment. Crave remix is not for me.

53 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Unfortunately, this album lacks a track that can work as a great opener. God Control is not doing well enoough, from the first fan reaction. Maybe cause the first part is slow, then there's the choir, then it's a spoken part. It's not Express Yourself.

I need to see the show to understand what IDSIF has to do with this political section. The coffin interlude gave me the idea that she could be killed many times during the show and the survive at the end, singing I rise.

The 2nd Segment is interesting, but risks to be boring. I think it would have been perfect had she reworked some of her old songs as fado, as we heard Like a virgin in the documentary.

The 3rd Segment is the most confusing. Rescue me as an interlude only is of course the greatest disappointment. Crave remix is not for me.

same about Crave remix but I guess it brings a more relaxed flavour than the original. And not a big fan of Future so far... the best thing about the song is the fun gritty production, the bassline... but it probably works if i SAW it...

59 minutes ago, Enrico said:

think we need to remember this is a theatre show and not a arena stadium show ....i think we should wait to judge it for ourselves before saying its shit and god control is a perfect opening ...wake up

The setlist could really be much better than what it is honestly. The qualities of this show, wich seems to be amazing, are certainly others imo. The arrangements could have been much more exploratory, the most commented tracks are  actually the most reworked and live sounding, Humann Nature, Frozen and Future. 

The first set seems cahotic, confused, it seems that the spy scene (Vogue/I don't search I find) interrupts the flow of the political theme and I was finding very nice the live strings orchestration of Papa don't Preach wich I do think she should have sung for a full three minutes rendition.

The second set, wich I found gorgeous as the prefinale (Frozen, Come alive, Future), lacks inexplicably a retreat of an old gem in a fado/morna style ( ... of course Rain would have been the best possible choice ... as erasing Medellin :lol:).

The finale seem extremely weak by the audio rec, I do dislike the Crave remixed version, wich could have been substituted by an old track (what about Nothing really matters with an afro shade, in continuity with Come alive?) and the closing of Like a Prayer should have definitely been enhanced by a choir crescendo.

So, leaving the main structure and idea coherent to her vision, these are the adjustments I would make to the setlist

1. Intro
  2. God Control
  3. Dark Ballet
  4. Human Nature
  5. Papa don't Preach
  6. American life
  7. Coffin Interlude
  8. Batuka
  9. Fado Pechincha
  10. Killers
  11. Crazy
  12. Welcome to my fado club/La isla bonita
  13. Sodade
  14. Rain
  15. Extreme Occident
  16. Rescue me Interlude
  17. Madame X manifesto/Vogue
  18. I don't search I find
  19. Crave
  20. Frozen
  21. Come alive
  22. Future
  23. Nothing really matters
  24. Like a prayer
  25. I rise

The setlist needs a LOOOT of improvement. I love that she included many tracks from the new album, but seriously human nature again? Sodade cover?!

Where's nothing really matters? Bad girl? Rain? Celebration? Faz gostoso? I hate when she does the same overrated expected singles....

I agree she could have used one or two older songs and reinvented them. I have a feeling the third section may change over time. Its the only one that seems a bit random. 

And I agree these overused songs need to be retired. I honestly think she forgot half her discography. 

I would also say that Vogue is the start of a new section. @groovyguy She does an onstage costume and wig change during the talking between Express Yourself and Vogue. 

Also the gathering of all the dancers and singers and her daughters during Human Nature signifies a closing of sorts.  They're all lined up like the end of Vogue VMA's. 

I'm sorry but this tour is even bigger need of changes than the previous tour. A self-serving and ignorant mess of a show.

Madame X World Tour

1. God Control
2. Vogue
3. American Life
4. Dark Ballet
5. Papa Don't Preach / Die Another Day
6. I Rise

7. (I Don't Search I Find)

8. Rescue Me
9. Frozen
10. Nothing Really Matters
11. Extreme Occident
12. Easy Ride

13. (What It Feels Like for a Girl)

14. Killers Who Are Partying
15. Medellín / Bitch I'm Loca / Faz Gostoso
16. Crazy
17. Crazy for You, Cherish, Spanish Eyes, Rain, Bad Girl, I'll Remember, Secret, Forbidden Love, Love Tried to Welcome Me, You'll See, The Power of Good-Bye, Swim (acoustic renditions, changing with every date)
18. Crave

19. (Falling Free)

20. Batuka
21. Come Alive
22. Like a Prayer
23. Future
24. Everybody

@Bitch I’m MadonnaI hope you don't mind I merged your thread with this one, already existing and featured, where people are already offering different ways of fixing the setlist. But please, be careful with words.

BTW, I really like your setlist! Finally enough coherence :lol:

You should send it to her staff!!

I see 4 clear sections: political, philosophical ("the search"), ethnic/portuguese, choral.

I'd only probably do Medellin before Killers in the "welcome to my fado club section".

Maybe Express Yourself better than Die another day, but I wouldn't mind.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, Jet said:

I know it’s all been said a thousand times before but it’s so disappointing that she hasn’t included some never performed songs instead of the usual vogue, LAP, human nature, la Isla Bonita. Songs like bad girl, nothing really matters, forbidden love etc would fit so well into this era. I’ll never understand why she chooses to cover other people’s songs either when she has such a rich and diverse catalogue of her own. It’s like she really doesn’t see her own work as worthy or something.

Couldn't have said it better!

18 hours ago, mark perry said:

think we need to remember this is a theatre show and not a arena stadium show ....i think we should wait to judge it for ourselves before saying its shit and god control is a perfect opening ...wake up

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the setlist sucks. The setlist is not dependent on the venue.

The first set really spoils the whole set list for me personally.

I was actually hoping she was going to do an intimate concert more like the second set with a few up beat moments and dance interludes. 

These are the songs I would have liked to have seen her include :

Words 

Look of love 

Pray for Spanish Eyes

Nothing Really Matters

Falling Free

Take a Bow

Rain 

20 hours ago, Enrico said:

God Control and I Rise are two songs she could have easily ditched. I actually consider them to be in the same category as Hey You in her catalogue now. 

Good to catch attention, yet not worthy to be given performance time unless it's for a political purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley Nichols said:

God Control and I Rise are two songs she could have easily ditched. I actually consider them to be in the same category as Hey You in her catalogue now. 

Good to catch attention, yet not worthy to be given performance time unless it's for a political purpose. 

I actually see them as absolute standouts off the album..I just hoped for a more emotionally packed version of I Rise for the tour..but haven't listened to it well..the song makes me cry

4 minutes ago, Ashley Nichols said:

I rise is so much better than the god awful HEY you ...and god control needed to be on this tour its like the best song on the album 

2 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

I actually see them as absolute standouts off the album..I just hoped for a more emotionally packed version of I Rise for the tour..but haven't listened to it well..the song makes me cry

I rise could have been produced a lot better than it has been. 

2 minutes ago, mark perry said:

I rise is so much better than the god awful HEY you ...and god control needed to be on this tour its like the best song on the album 

I will admit the video for God Control put me off the song. She planted some dark energy with that video. I really feel for the Pulse survivors when I hear that song now as well and how a couple have said it triggers their trauma. 

14 minutes ago, Ashley Nichols said:

I will admit the video for God Control put me off the song. She planted some dark energy with that video. I really feel for the Pulse survivors when I hear that song now as well and how a couple have said it triggers their trauma. 

well it was not made for them to watch it was it and i don;t even think it was based on that shooting  ?! i rise is like the heart of the album madame x ...the album is basically asking people to rise up ..

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, mark perry said:

well it was not made for them to watch it was it and i don;t even think it was based on that shooting  ?! i rise is like the heart of the album madame x ...the album is basically asking people to rise up ..

It was. With a Studio 54 spin. 

In my opinion it's the worst set list ever. I will not discuss production, costumes, stage, choreography etc. because I didn't attend the show but the setlist is huge disappointment. After all IG teasing with oldies, I was so happy to hear Rescue me and Easy ride, at least, on the tour but we got:

- Human nature??? REALLY!?!???? AGAIN!!!!???

- part of EY acapella

- part of Papa don't preach

- Vogue same as by pride 

- American Life same as by pride

- LAP same as by ESC ???

- part of La Isla Bonita 

- cover songs, with such big catalogue?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ 

- and the only surprise among old songs is Frozen

I don't want to sound negative and I know this tour supports MADAMEX album but, it was always like 50% new material and 50% old songs. We got few songs that she already played and played... there r no surprises, except Frozen... setlist looks so lazy, unfinished, uninspiring and simply boring... no invention, no improvement... I don't get the point of rehearsal posting on IG and almost nothing ends to the final setlist, so the disappointing is even bigger, at least in my case... 

I paid 400€ for the ticket, plus flight and hotel, I expected more than this to be honest... 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic