Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

Hey everyone! 

Do you find yourself liking certain Madonna songs, music videos or tours that are rarely mentioned by the majority of fans? do you think a specific popular bit of her career to be a bit overrated to you? is there a special thing you prefer in her career, looks or creations that most people don't seem to like? share your unpopular opinions! Here are mine:

1. The best Madonna album artworks are MDNA standard edition (the full body shot behind ribbed glass, in a red dress) along with Rebel Heart Deluxe Edition (with the wires) and Madame X deluxe (blond hair).

2. I prefer albums from Ray of Light until the present way more than the earlier albums, even though I still adore all her works, old and new.

3. American Life is probably the best work she's ever done after Confessions on a Dancefloor and Ray of Light

4. MDNA album is a work of art and it's hugely underrated.

5. Every tour from Drowned World and onwards is way better than the previous ones. Blond Ambition Tour is great, yes but Madonna surpassed that so many times already and it's by no means her best tour, and it's actually hugely overrated compared to her far superior recent ones.

6. I don't see the appeal in Faz Gostoso...

7. Looking For Mercy is one of the best songs she's ever made and it's not getting enough recognition.

8. Get Together is her best dance up-beat song and it's way better than Hung Up, Sorry, Ray of Light, Give It 2 Me, 4 Minutes and probably any single she released after it.

9. X-STaTIC Pro=CeSS book and exhibition are a pinnacle of her career and one of her best looks ever.

10. Unapologetic Bitch is probably the worst songs she's ever made.

11. Bad-ass and disco Madonna from Die Another Day and American Life and Confessions on a Dancefloor aesthetics is way better than the fishnets, crucifixes and bustiers from Hard Candy, Rebel Heart, Madame X and the past eras.

12. Ghosttown, Bad Girl, The Power of Goodbye, To Have and Not to Hold, Mer Girl, Easy Ride and Justify My Love are among her best tracks she’s ever made.

13. The 80s are Madonna’s most overrated decade. It has some of her best songs, yes. It’s when she made her first and most explosive moves, yes but she surpassed that in her 90s and 00s by miles, and in terms of touring, MDNA, Confessions Tour, Re-Invention Tour, Drowned World Tour and Sticky & Sweet are far better than Blond Ambition and Erotica is leagues better than Like A Prayer, True Blue, Like A Virgin and Madonna as an as an album and same applies to anything from ROL and onwards.

14. Die Another Day is her best song and music video.

15. God Control is one of the best tracks she's ever made and it should've been performed at Eurovision instead of Future and had the album launch and tour ticket sales the next day.

16. I'm tired of hearing Madonna perform oldies over and over on her tours. I'd much rather have new material and forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Bad Girl, The Power of Goodbye, Falling Free..etc. over a 10000th rendition of Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita or Hung Up.

17. I can’t stand 95% of her remixes or remixes in general. The only remixes that I genuinely liked as much as the album version (if not more) are Frozen (Stereo MC), What It Feels Like for a Girl (Above & Beyond), Celebration (Benny Bennasi & Akon remixes), Give It 2 Me (Paul Oakenfold) and God Control (Offer Nissim). The rest feel rather unlistenable.

That's all I can remember for now, so feel free to share yours.

Madonna sings better live now than she did in the 90s ..there i said it ..excluding eurovision - i agree with most of what you said apart from future and u b being her worst songs ever ..that belongs to birthday song and autotune baby  oh and mdna is not her best album ..it could have been if she put her heart and soul into it but she didn't her best album is ray of light ...

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

• Without William Orbit's input on board she could've never recorded the best album of her career: Ray Of Light. 
  • Many fans dream of having her working with Pat Leonard again because of the amazing stuff they did in the past. However, does the guy still got it? I remember few of the videos on his IG working around the studio and the music was kind of dreadful.
  • I actually love her reworked performances of Like A Virgin at the Girlie Show and MDNA Tour. It was pure art and I cannot wait to see some of it at the MX Tour next year.
  • I don't give a damn about the Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition Tour, and Re-invention Tour getting official DVD treatment anymore. I mean, who still watches DVD anyway? :thinker:

3 hours ago, mark perry said:

Madonna sings better live now than she did in the 90s ..there i said it ..excluding eurovision - i agree with most of what you said apart from future and u b being her worst songs ever ..that belongs to birthday song and autotune baby  oh and mdna is not her best album ..it could have been if she put her heart and soul into it but she didn't her best album is ray of light ...

personally I don't think,  her live vocals now are drowned out by backing tracks or she just mimes to pre recorded live vocals like vogue re-invention + MDNA Vogue,  GGW MDNA no live vocal at all. Her vocals live 87-90 were better than they are now to be honest as she had more energy plus at least she really sang live with little or no backing track. I think as she has got older her voice has got deeper and her singing ability was always better in the higher range ... its a shame but I dont think she has looked after her voice as much as she could have. But still think she is an amazing performer.

Who’s that girl is her best movie and her worst is body of evidence

i love all her tours in different ways but being a fan since ‘87 nothing compares to the cultural impact BA had on my consciousness back in 1990 and I don’t like the set list for the new tour at all sorry 

rescue me is one of my fave songs and I’m pissed she never did a video for it and it’s been shunted from the new tour despite being rehearsed in parts 

American Life , BIM and Hanky Panky are her worst singles and can’t believe she’s dug up AL for this tour ??

favourite albums are true blue and erotica and fave videos are Bad Girl , human nature, open your heart & die another day 

i love the artwork for MDNA album too and hate Hard Candy album cover ?

i wish we had a blu ray of all her videos remastered and of course find the full Paris shows for BA and RIT

i love the devil wouldn’t recognise you segment from Sticky and sweet tour 

I wish Madonna and all her fans the best ? 

i wish M would get back together with Sean too ?

I love this post. Ok here goes....

I loved Madonna's Ray Of Light performance with Lenny Kravitz strange or off vocals or not. 

I love Swim verses Skin.

I can't stand Faz Gostoso but love Bitch I'm Loca. Take A Bow and Love Don't Live Here Anymore make me totally cringe.  

I loved Hey You And her Imagine performances.  

I loathe True Blue and Like a Virgin, I find them boring and outdated, I never play those.

I'm tired of songs like La Isla Bonita, Like a Virgin, Holiday and Like a Prayer.

I prefer Fever (Edit one) instead of Fever (Album Version)

I don't know why her last three albums had so many tracks instead of only 12-13 good songs.

I don't know why the las three albums had so many covers instead of one that represents the whole body of work.

I don't like Kevin Antunes.

Madonna's career started with Shep Pettibone.
She'd be nothing without him.

Who's Jellybean ?

Do I HAVE to sing this one more time ?
"If you could manage o n c e that would be amazing !".....Andrew lloyd Webber....on Countdown !

Various opinions I've read about Guess Who recently.
The 3rd one, he said on TV and I watched.

Will there be a Concert DVD ?
What do you think no-phones is about ??
U won't be able to post the un-doctored vocals onto Youtube if no one's Recording ?

One train of thought, reading between the less than fulsome reviews, is....it's now A Stage Show.
I've done Stadiums...Pfffff !
Ahhhh
Any gaffs now are part of it 'all' = TADA !

I agree with some of the above.
Want a Babel fish ny one 200.gif

15 hours ago, madgefan said:
  • Without William Orbit's input on board she could've never recorded the best album of her career: Ray Of Light. 
  • Many fans dream of having her working with Pat Leonard again because of the amazing stuff they did in the past. However, does the guy still got it? I remember few of the videos on his IG working around the studio and the music was kind of dreadful.
  • I actually love her reworked performances of Like A Virgin at the Girlie Show and MDNA Tour. It was pure art and I cannot wait to see some of it at the MX Tour next year.
  • I don't give a damn about the Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition Tour, and Re-invention Tour getting official DVD treatment anymore. I mean, who still watches DVD anyway? :thinker:

Agreed with all of them except for the last point regarding tour DVD. I think people are just used to using the term "DVD" and just never updated it to "Blu-Ray". I never touched a DVD since 2009, and I watch everything on Blu-Ray or from iTunes, Netflix, Prime..etc. So I do want Madonna to bring back her tours remastered in the most recent resolution, either Full HD 1080p or 4K/HDR, because most of these concerts were recorded on tape and they can be remastered, and I could also argue that even digitally recorded shows can still be upscaled to HD or 4K resolution, it might not be "real" 4K or HD but it's still better than VHS or DVD quality.

Mine are

1. I actually like most of MDNA if she just cut a few songs and made it a 12-13 track album I think people would like it more same with Rebel Heart
  2. I hate Take a Bow & Bad Girl
  3. Rescue Me is just okay
  4. She should of never done Evita it's not a good film and cause of that we never got a tour for Bedtime Stories/Something to Remember the only good thing from it was You Must Love Me

7 hours ago, professormouse said:

Madonna's career started with Shep Pettibone.
She'd be nothing without him.

Who's Jellybean ?

Do I HAVE to sing this one more time ?
"If you could manage o n c e that would be amazing !".....Andrew lloyd Webber....on Countdown !

Various opinions I've read about Guess Who recently.
The 3rd one, he said on TV and I watched.

Will there be a Concert DVD ?
What do you think no-phones is about ??
U won't be able to post the un-doctored vocals onto Youtube if no one's Recording ?

One train of thought, reading between the less than fulsome reviews, is....it's now A Stage Show.
I've done Stadiums...Pfffff !
Ahhhh
Any gaffs now are part of it 'all' = TADA !

I agree with some of the above.
Want a Babel fish ny one 200.gif

:laughing:

Madonna's studio vocals went "downhill" (lack of a better word) after COADF. Since 2008, it has been the same pitched-up, altered, robotic, nasally, granny-sounding vocals. Her lower register was last fully showcased on COADF. Since 2008, it was abandoned and only made an appearance on the verses in Ghosttown. 

It's simply my own personal opinion and observation lol! I do wanna say Madonna possesses an amazing vocal range and vocal quality - if only she would focus on her lower registers and lower ranges. The Madame X Tour however is changing all that as we speak; the vocals on Crazy are phenomenal! So proud of her

4 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

Madonna's studio vocals went "downhill" (lack of a better word) after COADF. Since 2008, it has been the same pitched-up, altered, robotic, nasally, granny-sounding vocals. Her lower register was last fully showcased on COADF. Since 2008, it was abandoned and only made an appearance on the verses in Ghosttown. 

It's simply my own personal opinion and observation lol! I do wanna say Madonna possesses an amazing vocal range and vocal quality - if only she would focus on her lower registers and lower ranges. The Madame X Tour however is changing all that as we speak; the vocals on Crazy are phenomenal! So proud of her

From what I hear on the recording, the chorus is so backing tracking tracked to give her vocal weight and the verses are live but the autotune is working overtime! It's okay but would hate to hear it without the autotune