Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

more opinions! (And then some)

-Her 1984 cover of "Love Dont Live Here Anymore" was awful. It was screechy and oversung.

-The Ray of Light era was great! But her performances were really dreadful. She only had two (3) good vocal performances: "Ray of Light"/"Little Star" on Oprah and "Frozen" at the Rainforest benefit 

More opinions coming soon!

Edited by Team Madonna (see edit history)

On 10/1/2020 at 9:24 PM, Husam Elzien said:

- Blond Ambition while not planned to be that, in hindsight is essentially the Greatest Hits of the 80s tour with 12 of the 17 songs on the setlist being songs that were on the Immaculate Collection, one album cut, one single left off IC, and three Dick Tracy songs that took the spots of what could've been more hits or more LAP songs.

- On the subject of the Immaculate Collection, she should release a 30th Anniversary Edition for the fans. The original two LPs plus an additional third EP that has all the hits she couldn't get on it the first time (Dress You Up, Angel, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Keep It Together).

- Had American Life done better, she probably wouldn't have relied on the back catalogue for Re-Invention.

- Low key she's copying Mariah's MC30. She could literally give two shits about streaming or her back catalogue, but as soon as Mariah starts uploading maxi-singles and the attention and acclaim is on her, Madonna starts uploading maxi-singles for some of her songs, and out of all the singles to release that are celebrating 20, 25, 30, 35 years this year, she chooses Hanky Panky? Give us Into the Groove, Keep It Together, Material Girl, hell even Angel!

- Also I think she's taking a page from Kylie's book. Kylie released an HD version of Better the Devil You Know for its 30th in April and then Madonna decides to release an HD version of Music. The only difference is Kylie's team just posted it in the existing video to keep views whereas Madonna uploads separately from the original video which screws up views apparently.

*and before anyone says anything, other artists have been releasing their old maxi-singles on streaming and updated HD videos for years but why is it Madonna just so happens to hop on the trend after Mariah and Kylie?

- The screen footages of Blond Ambition US dates leaked on YouTube around the same time the whole Milk Bath COVID thing happened and I think she was the one responsible for leaking them. Kind of as a way to be like, "remember I did this." I mean how convenient is it that they show up when Madonna's getting dragged by the media?

I think those remasters and single re-released are meant to lead up to a complete collection by the time the movie’s out or leaving her label. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 10/2/2020 at 2:24 AM, Husam Elzien said:

- The screen footages of Blond Ambition US dates leaked on YouTube around the same time the whole Milk Bath COVID thing happened and I think she was the one responsible for leaking them. Kind of as a way to be like, "remember I did this." I mean how convenient is it that they show up when Madonna's getting dragged by the media?

Well can she get back in that bath and then leak the London screen footage :Madonna005:

I don’t think any actress can ever portray Madonna right. Everyone showcased so far looks no different from any fan in cosplay with their facial features and attitudes being COMPLETELY different from her.

Madonna’s ballads are superior to 90% of her discography.

Most of her hits (especially lead singles) while really great and iconic songs, are way too overplayed and overpraised compared to her far far superior album tracks or later singles in each era, and are hardly represented/performed live.

I wholeheartedly disagree with “Madonna has nothing to prove” because as long as one is an artist, they always have something to prove and revolutionize and unfortunately while I prefer her recent discography over the 80s, I still think that as a whole package, she’s far less of a perfectionist than she used to be from Erotica to COADF, and so many videos, recording and artworks from HC and up feel too half-as*ed or low effort.

Madonna was AT HER ABSOLUTE BEST artistically speaking and in terms of looks, visuals, outfits and persona when she was with Guy Ritche. It’s like with him, she always tried to prove to be better, and after she got divorced, it’s like she wanted to rebel against the entire image she built but at her own detriment (save for S&S and MDNA Tours).

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret is better than Truth Or Dare.

I said this in another topic, but I didn't care for the Evita era. The movie itself never interested me and the music was insipid from my viewpoint. I wasn't a fan of Madonna back then since I was like 5 or 6 years old at the time, but if I had  actually witnessed that era first-hand I think I would've died from boredom. 

Also like someone said above, she used to be at the forefront of fashion or at the very least she dressed well. But I'm not a fan of how she's dressed since around the time that the Rebel Heart era began. I also don't like the way she's carried herself in general after the divorce from Guy, but the two things might not be mutually exclusive. 

9 minutes ago, Nahual said:

Also like someone said above, she used to be at the forefront of fashion or at the very least she dressed well. But I'm not a fan of how she's dressed since around the time that the Rebel Heart era began. I also don't like the way she's carried herself in general after the divorce from Guy, but the two things might not be mutually exclusive. 

This. Her outfits used to be incredible up until Rebel Heart, from then on, they became much less inspired and some being flat out ugly or more like a cheap replica of older stuff or too much of the same thing that it got boring, the bustiers and fishnets or the girls and the patch. Even Madame X tour outfits felt rather lame compared to her past tours.

If I had her wealth, I’d have Louis Vuitton, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Versace custom design everything for me, including my sleepwear and gym wear ?

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret is better than Truth Or Dare.

I like I'm Going to Tell You a Secret because Madonna was more likeable and approachable in it. Madonna in Truth or Dare just seemed insufferable and you couldn't relate to her. 

17 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

I like I'm Going to Tell You a Secret because Madonna was more likeable and approachable in it. Madonna in Truth or Dare just seemed insufferable and you couldn't relate to her. 

Yup. This too. I loved the family woman Madonna over the overly “queen” vibes even in situations off the stage and work, it felt insufferable, while the whole family and wise/mature image of IGTTYAS was so warm.

* MDNA album is awesome, energetic, badass Edm club dance!

*  Her material from 90s-2016 is way stronger than her overrated 80s catalog when she was ''extremely relevant'' to mainstream culture.

* Rebel Heart was her ''greatest hits tour'' (she even did true blue, like a virgin, la isla, to please the crowds!).

* I hate when she has teeth grills and trending urban clothing, just to look cool and young. I prefer glamourous Disco Madge.

* Hate her extreme overfilled face filler, big lips and fake ass. She WAS so much beautiful before all these unflattering surgeries. (not sorry about saying this)

52 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

* Rebel Heart was her ''greatest hits tour'' (she even did true blue, like a virgin, la isla, to please the crowds!).

* I hate when she has teeth grills and trending urban clothing, just to look cool and young. I prefer glamourous Disco Madge.

I feel like she brings out the hits if the album cycle doesn't go as she planned it. Like American Life didn't go down well so Re-Invention was full of hits. Rebel Heart was marred by leaks and the BRIT fall so she brought out the hits on the tour. 

I also think she's singing with the grills on in the recording studio and she needs to stop because it makes her vocals robotic and then on top of that she adds vocal effects.

Can Madonna just do another straight forward dance pop album? I don't think anyone will fault her.

11 minutes ago, Team Madonna said:

If Liz Rosenberg was never in the picture is this the Madonna we would've been seeing? I know comments like these annoy people but it's been on my mind...on a side note I think of Liz as her 2nd mom

Through her PR work, I think Liz did give her the motherly guidance that Madonna lacked growing up and I also think Madonna hasn't found or doesn't want to find another Liz-type publicist because of the history they have together. I wonder if she still talks to her?

17 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

Through her PR work, I think Liz did give her the motherly guidance that Madonna lacked growing up and I also think Madonna hasn't found or doesn't want to find another Liz-type publicist because of the history they have together. I wonder if she still talks to her?

Probably not lol. Madonna has lost her marbles. Like I was wondering was she always this way? I remember reading comments from old school Madge fans on the thread: "What Happened to Madonna after 2007?" where they were claiming she's always been this way...I just don't know

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, RayofPrayers said:

Am I the only one who isn't that crazy over Human Nature? The music video is iconic and the song itself is just fine, but the beat and the repetitive buzzing gets a little annoying after some time. I might even say I prefer the remixes

Same. Great video, decent track...

On 10/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, bedtimestory said:

Also her Instagram needs a ton of professional help, its messy, low quality images. A lot of boring uninspiring content about her kids etc...She should post her best photoshoots,  rarities and promote her new content instead.

It used to be that way, but it has gotten a lot better since she hired Ricardo Gomez to do the photography.  What would be the point of posting old photo shoots most fans have already seen? . I like that it has new content. 
Yes, she posts photos and videos of her kids, but she also does other kinds of posts including new photos and videos of her. 
I like that is shows the human side of her, not suoer perfect and overly curated. 
Why are unpopular opinions only negative ones? A lot of opinions on here aren’t unpopular at all. They have been very popular among fans. It would be more unpopular to say something positive about her. 

• 1 month later...