Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

9 hours ago, Candido Marten Tellez said:

Bitch I’m Madonna is one of her BEST songs ever !!! 

Madonna has some many amazing songs and there is still someone calling Bitch I'm Madonna one of the best songs ever comparing its quality to songs such as Like a Prayer, Vogue, Music, Secret, Hung Up etc etc etc :)

I am not saying it is not a fun song, but she had such a huge catalogue and some many high quality songs that BIM can't even be compared to 

12 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Madonna has some many amazing songs and there is still someone calling Bitch I'm Madonna one of the best songs ever comparing its quality to songs such as Like a Prayer, Vogue, Music, Secret, Hung Up etc etc etc :)

I am not saying it is not a fun song, but she had such a huge catalogue and some many high quality songs that BIM can't even be compared to 

The amount of good songs she’s had has no relevance. BIM is a great song and definitely better than most songs on the Confessions album.

And the GP appreciated it too since it was her only song to chart on Billboard hot 100 since 2012…

12 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

The amount of good songs she’s had has no relevance. BIM is a great song and definitely better than most songs on the Confessions album.

And the GP appreciated it too since it was her only song to chart on Billboard hot 100 since 2012…

Considering what type of songs are trending now, it really means nothing that GP (but i guess it is mostly referring to teenagers now looking at Billboarch chart) appreciated it.. so it really doesn't say anything about the quality of song

Madonna does not fit in this culture today with the rise in popularity of Trump and Gaga it's a jerk's poser world today.  Madonna fought and crushed that to the point that they felt like they had to pull together and avenge their status. 

Look at pop culture now in the last 20 years and communication has been reduced to "he destroyed them" or she clocked her or whatever "stupid" thing people with no self esteem used to say. 

Is that an unpopular Madonna opinion? 

31 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

Madonna does not fit in this culture today with the rise in popularity of Trump and Gaga it's a jerk's poser world today.  Madonna fought and crushed that to the point that they felt like they had to pull together and avenge their status. 

Look at pop culture now in the last 20 years and communication has been reduced to he destroyed them or she clocked her or whatever "stupid" thing people with no self esteem used to say. 

Is that an unpopular Madonna opinion? 

I don’t know why people try to blame Trump, Gaga, GenZ or anyone but Madonna for her decreased success. 
The cold hard facts are that she’s not working as hard as she used to and she doesn’t have an effective label and management to secure the success of her work. 
I noticed that in the early 2000s all the major artists of her generation were wiped out because they didn’t adapt well to the age of internet and illegal downloads. While Madonna did and still went strong until the age of streaming and social media that finally got her. 
All she needs to do is clean up her social media, allow her management to actually manage her and make a streaming friendly album. 
She needs a full rebranding and a lot of compromising. 

43 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t know why people try to blame Trump, Gaga, GenZ or anyone but Madonna for her decreased success. 
The cold hard facts are that she’s not working as hard as she used to and she doesn’t have an effective label and management to secure the success of her work. 
I noticed that in the early 2000s all the major artists of her generation were wiped out because they didn’t adapt well to the age of internet and illegal downloads. While Madonna did and still went strong until the age of streaming and social media that finally got her. 
All she needs to do is clean up her social media, allow her management to actually manage her and make a streaming friendly album. 

I am not blaming Thing One or Thing Two for Madonna's "lack of success" I think her album and tour did well. My opinion is Madonna busted through jerks who weasel their way through life and know whom to treat well and whom to mistreat. Madonna didn't do a damn thing to good hearted free thinking people. That is not what she was rebelling against. Everything she was rebelling against has been embraced by people who's self esteem is in the pits so they worship people who think nothing of them because they wish they could be like them instead of being proud of their own individual gifts.  

Madonna does not fit in because it's a fool's show out there in Pop, politics, culture....she posts goofy things on instagram but off camera she is taking care of her children and reading good books and listening to good music.

You think she's spending her days behind the camera giving people the middle finger and acting like a rebellious teenager? It's all a joke and it's boring to me. 

I'm sick of this atmosphere and I'm sick of negative people getting away with so much because of people who like to be a jerk too because jerks get what they want. 

20 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

Madonna does not fit in because it's a fool's show out there in Pop, politics, culture....she posts goofy things on instagram but off camera she is taking care of her children and reading good books and listening to good music.

How is it a fool's show any more now than it was 20, 25 or 30 years ago?

I don't think the word you're looking for is embarrassing, not goofy. Her social media needs to be taken away from her. It's hella cringe worthy. From the weird filters that make her face shapes that can't occur naturally, to the posts of her rolling weed like she's a 15 year old who just discovered weed - it's all just a mess.

27 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

I'm sick of this atmosphere and I'm sick of negative people getting away with so much because of people who like to be a jerk too because jerks get what they want. 

Madonna has been a jerk her whole career. She isn't a nice person. This is no secret.  Anyone that's interacted with her can you tell you this. 

58 minutes ago, brank000 said:

How is it a fool's show any more now than it was 20, 25 or 30 years ago?

I don't think the word you're looking for is embarrassing, not goofy. Her social media needs to be taken away from her. It's hella cringe worthy. From the weird filters that make her face shapes that can't occur naturally, to the posts of her rolling weed like she's a 15 year old who just discovered weed - it's all just a mess.

Madonna has been a jerk her whole career. She isn't a nice person. This is no secret.  Anyone that's interacted with her can you tell you this. 

I lived 20, 25 or 30 years ago. Fools were around grant you but they were not leading millions of people like a pied piper. Embarrassing? You think Madonna is not aware of the plastic state of Pop? Her instagram can be used any way she wishes and if it's to annoy people who worship this kind of display from others but don't want to see it from her so be it. The problem you have is with her not what she posts.

As for anything else.....you think young people today invented it? Youth can crash now because there is nothing to rebel against. It's all been done. Maybe now we can get back to where everyone's opinion matters no matter how old or young you are. 

Madonna has stood up to jerks. Have you ever noticed the nicest celebrities out there only seem to sing her praises? She is a nice person. There is a lot of truth in "I'm a nice person, if I'm being a bitch to you, you need to ask yourself why?" What was she supposed to do? Kiss the asses of people who thought they were superior to her? In fact as a person who felt bullied she was a hero to me because she stood up to people who thought way too much of themselves. 

Anyone who has interacted with her? Aren't you leaving people out or do their opinions not matter in the effort of trying to drive a narrative?.Oh let me guess....anyone who has praised her was paid to do so or was coerced in some way. Please. 

5 minutes ago, knowledgeispower said:

I totally agree. Having said that, compared to her 80s/90s contemporaries she has adapted to the 2020s the best. In the same way she survived by adapting for the 90s and 00s - I think 2021 has finally seen her move out of her 2010s apprehensive limbo.

When you compare her to Annie Lennox, Cher, Boy George, Bananarama, Janet Jackson, even Michael Jackson in the 2000s - it's only then you realize just how hard she works to acclimate to the current culture and trends. Even if Gen Z hate her, she is still relevant enough to be hated.

She could probably learn a few things from Mariah Carey (for once) as she has really salvaved her bad reputation, forged a real presence with Twitter/Tiktok and adapted to streaming (kinda). 

I don’t think GenZ hate her at all. It’s just that MadameX did not resonate. And that’s because it wasn’t properly promoted and Medellin was a terrible song. And from then on she had a bunch of embarrassing moments.

And Mariah did an amazing job reestablishing her relevance but her last album was just as much of a commercial flop as MadameX 

20 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Curious, what would be considered “proper promotion?”

Get some relevant magazine covers like Paper, Rolling Stone, Gay times etc.

Have at least one more photo shoot that’s more groundbreaking and eye catching.

Have performances somewhere more relevant than Billboard. 

Not fuck up at Eurovision and perform a better Madame X song.

Release Faz Gostoso as the lead single.

Keep in mind streaming while editing the album. Or release a streaming version with shorter less experimental songs.

Stop wearing that damn eyepatch.

Be more normal and less obnoxious in the interviews.

Clean up her SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I'd add that she needs to be less of a cunt to her fans and show up on stage at a decent time. It's one thing to not grow your audience anymore, it's another to purposely erode the fanbase that you have. She's been pissing her fans off for a while now and it's completely preventable - and from a business point of view (since she's always called such a smart business woman) unacceptable. 

Medellin wasn’t bad. I smiled the whole day when it came out. It’s dreamy. 

Madame X is perfect depiction of Madonna: serious, comical, dark, light, experimental, modern, sleek, raw, robotic.... ironic. 

Faz Gostoso could’ve been nice as a single but it’s clear that she preferred her work with Maluma and Batukadeiras for videos. 

But the 5 Million on the Billboard holograms could’ve gone towards videos for other songs to help explore Madame X and her journey to bring light while running from the dark.

Also, Confessions and Ray of Light aren’t as strong bodies of work compared to Music or American Life.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Curious, what would be considered “proper promotion?”

She could have recreated the Medellin Music Video  party scene at the BBMA instead oh wearing a grandma dress and distracting herself with holograms that did NOTHING for anyone except that girl in the red dress. 

More this...

fac5d826a9c50f3375f5d3e310ac34ee.gif

less this...

4b26d815f01faf0f05c4b58c34ae2ddf.gif

4 hours ago, gafuller said:

But the 5 Million on the Billboard holograms could’ve gone towards videos for other songs to help explore Madame X and her journey to bring light while running from the dark.

Or she could've put that money towards the tour and maybe she could've had a fully realized and elaborate theatre show instead of the final product that even she said wasn't fully complete.