Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

On 8/12/2021 at 12:16 AM, thegoldencalf said:

Confessions album is pretty average.
Ray Of Light is kinda boring and didn’t age well. 

True! Both sort of lose steam halfway through and just end on moot notes IMO. 

My opinion:

She doesn't know how to sequence the tracks on her albums post Erotica properly (sans Music). It will start upbeat and then slows down and then it just ends on a downtempo or a ballad instead of sprinkling the uptempos throughout so at least she can end on a ballad and it doesn't leave the listener feeling like something is missing. Confessions is the worst because it starts so grand and fabulous and then the good drugs from the club wore off halfway through and you're still partying but it doesn't hit the same as the beginning.

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

She could have recreated the Medellin Music Video  party scene at the BBMA instead oh wearing a grandma dress and distracting herself with holograms that did NOTHING for anyone except that girl in the red dress. 

More this...

fac5d826a9c50f3375f5d3e310ac34ee.gif

less this...

4b26d815f01faf0f05c4b58c34ae2ddf.gif

And Maluma should have worn way less clothes lol

The Lady Gaga feud turned off the younger generation (especially lgbt) more than any of the trend chasing and social media antics. A duet around the time of their SNL skit would have been perfect.

I like a few songs from it, but Madame X (album and tour) is wildly overrated by her fans. 

The biopic needs to have major young stars attached or the general public isn't going to care the way her stans think they will. Aside from the Superbowl, 4 Minutes, Confessions, and the Britney kiss, she hasn't been on the American GP's radar for 2 decades now unless it's completely negative press. That is a lonnngggg time...

I'm aware of how unpopular these opinions are to people here, but that's what this thread called for. A wise woman, who I still adore, once said "Handle it".

3 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

Confessions is the worst because it starts so grand and fabulous and then the good drugs from the club wore off halfway through and you're still partying but it doesn't hit the same as the beginning.

Confessions is perfect cos it takes you on a journey of self discovery from more fun to serious and it's amazing to me. I always loved the second portion of the album more. 

9 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

The Lady Gaga feud turned off the younger generation (especially lgbt) more than any of the trend chasing and social media antics. A duet around the time of their SNL skit would have been perfect.

I like a few songs from it, but Madame X (album and tour) is wildly overrated by her fans. 

The biopic needs to have major young stars attached or the general public isn't going to care the way her stans think they will. Aside from the Superbowl, 4 Minutes, Confessions, and the Britney kiss, she hasn't been on the American GP's radar for 2 decades now unless it's completely negative press. That is a lonnngggg time...

I'm aware of how unpopular these opinions are to people here, but that's what this thread called for. A wise woman, who I still adore, once said "Handle it".

The "feud." Like the feud where passive aggressive and not so passive aggressive comments came from lady gaga and her fans while Madonna pretty much stayed silent for years? Even complimenting her. The same kind of "feud" where Elton John saw an opportunity to attack Madonna relentlessly while she was most likely hurt by him? That kind of feud? 

Just for the record defense and offense are two different positions to be in. You can only take so much and when it comes from her own fans I don't blame her if she is bitter towards her fans. The minute she opened her mouth in any kind of defense no matter how lighthearted you would thought the world was coming to an end. People need to get over themselves and if they are going to dish it out they should be able to take it or drop out of the game. 

It is taking me a long time to realize finding people to trust is near impossible. I have especially learned in the past ten years how many people you can not depend upon. A dishonest person with an agenda dangles a carrot and people fall in line. I am completely shocked over what I have seen. I really thought people were not that easily influenced. Maybe Madonna is disillusioned because I know I am. 

22 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’d love to see your face when you’re 62 and have it judged by millions of people

Why do you get so defensive? We're in an unpopular opinions thread ffs

It's not like I am talking about you?

Let's get real for one second. Madonna doesn't look like herself anymore and sometimes she looks like a whole different person.

To think Madonna fans were shocked and laughed at  MJ or Cher's plastic procedures and here we are now ?

28 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Why do you get so defensive? We're in an unpopular opinions thread ffs

It's not like I am talking about you?

Let's get real for one second. Madonna doesn't look like herself anymore and sometimes she looks like a whole different person.

To think Madonna fans were shocked and laughed at  MJ or Cher's plastic procedures and here we are now ?

It’s the unpopular opinions thread not the rude thread. In my opinion, stating “I can’t stand her face” is incredibly rude and insensitive. There’s much more appropriate ways of commenting on someone’s plastic surgery. 
And some of us did not laugh at Michael Jackson on Cher so we’re not anywhere now lol

ray of light backed madonna into a musical corner with her loyal fanbase

she spent her career doing pop, dance, rnb based dance, house etc etc. on ray of light she went straight european sounding pop and dance. it gave her the illusion of being different and unique towards her huge american fanbase. she followed it up with more albums more European sounding. by the time hard candy comes out, the idea of her doing american sounding pop is seen as selling out

is this an unpopular opinion?

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

Hard Candy was awful

MDNA shouldn't exist

Rebel Heart has some of the worst songs she's ever recorded with a couple of really great songs

Madame X was meh 

Hard Candy isn't terrible. It's just a collection of Madonna doing Timbaland's Nelly Furtado demos. If it came after AL and before Confessions then I think people would've received it better. 

MDNA had some songs that could've made it an EP at least. 

I think the general consensus is that Rebel Heart is a mixed bag.

Madame X is an interesting project, but I feel like more could've been done. 

On 8/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, LikeAMelody said:

Madonna does not fit in this culture today with the rise in popularity of Trump and Gaga it's a jerk's poser world today.  Madonna fought and crushed that to the point that they felt like they had to pull together and avenge their status. 

Look at pop culture now in the last 20 years and communication has been reduced to "he destroyed them" or she clocked her or whatever "stupid" thing people with no self esteem used to say. 

Is that an unpopular Madonna opinion? 

U equate Ms. Goo With Donald Trump.
Guess your not A Fan.

19 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

The "feud." Like the feud where passive aggressive and not so passive aggressive comments came from lady gaga and her fans while Madonna pretty much stayed silent for years? Even complimenting her. The same kind of "feud" where Elton John saw an opportunity to attack Madonna relentlessly while she was most likely hurt by him? That kind of feud? 

Just for the record defense and offense are two different positions to be in. You can only take so much and when it comes from her own fans I don't blame her if she is bitter towards her fans. The minute she opened her mouth in any kind of defense no matter how lighthearted you would thought the world was coming to an end. People need to get over themselves and if they are going to dish it out they should be able to take it or drop out of the game. 

It is taking me a long time to realize finding people to trust is near impossible. I have especially learned in the past ten years how many people you can not depend upon. A dishonest person with an agenda dangles a carrot and people fall in line. I am completely shocked over what I have seen. I really thought people were not that easily influenced. Maybe Madonna is disillusioned because I know I am. 

Elton John did not attack Madonna.
"Best 'live act'...yeah fucking right."
That's a valid pop at miming.
I can do that myself........

11 hours ago, professormouse said:

Elton John did not attack Madonna.
"Best 'live act'...yeah fucking right."
That's a valid pop at miming.
I can do that myself........

Madonna did sing on her Reinvention tour which I believe is what he was referring to....and the years after do not exist for you? I can't believe you're saying he did not attack Madonna. 

On 8/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, Husam Elzien said:

Hard Candy isn't terrible. It's just a collection of Madonna doing Timbaland's Nelly Furtado demos. If it came after AL and before Confessions then I think people would've received it better. 

MDNA had some songs that could've made it an EP at least. 

I think the general consensus is that Rebel Heart is a mixed bag.

Madame X is an interesting project, but I feel like more could've been done. 

It does sound like all Nelly reject demos. The album's sound is so dated, did not age well at all. It's a very specific 06/07 sound that stuck there and didn't move beyond it so when HC came out in 08 it was already dated and didn't sound fresh at all. (And all the demos from that album were better than what was on the album ?)

Agree MDNA should have been an EP. It was clear this album was phoned in and not much thought/planning/work went into it)

Rebel Heart could have been cut down to 10 songs to make a good cohesive impactful album. And again the best songs were left off the album 

MX suffered the opposite of MDNA. It was too thought out, too over produced, too much of trying to be ground breaking. 

On 8/15/2021 at 2:50 AM, knowledgeispower said:

it's supposed to be unpopular opinions. Hating/disliking her last 4 albums is literally the most predictable, popular opinion you could possibly have.

An actual unpopular opinion:

The narrative that Hard Candy, MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X are all bad/meh is only true to people who have aged out of her target audience. It's one thing to critique Hard Candy and MDNA as they fell short in many areas, but to sneak Rebel Heart and especially Madame X in that same narrative, is deeply delusional.

Rebel Heart is infinitely better than Like a Virgin for instance, and only older fans will disagree. Madame X easily eclipses Debut, Like a Virgin, Confessions, HC, Rebel Heart and arguably more.

Rebel Heart and Madame X also gained her tons of younger fans who rate them as some of her all time best albums.

So just know if you blindly hate all her recent music, the problem is you and not her.

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread but this is insane, Madame X is unlistenable