Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

Most of your 'unpopular' opinions are quite popular tbh lol.

1) Hard Candy is a good fun album, not even remotely a bad album actually. You just are obsessed with the "sounded dated" excuse lol :jamming:

2) Madame X is a masterpiece, the bonus tracks are great and Ciao Bella  deserves more! :luv:

3) LAP album is overrated af, it's not as mature as it's described (looking at you Cherish and Dear Jessie)... :Madonna021:

4) the hard Candy cover is great, it's cool, sexy and a big "fuck u" to ageism! :Madonna015:

5) most of her "bad" stuff such as MDNA or RH, would be acclaimed if released by other artists! 

6) DWT is in her top 3 tours! :pop:

7) LAV is super overrated by older fans, it's not better than RH imo

I have many unpopular opinion but these are the only ones that came to my mind rn lol! 

Edited by Andreo (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Most of your 'unpopular' opinions are quite popular tbh lol.

1) Hard Candy is a good fun album, not even remotely a bad album actually. You just are obsessed with the "sounded dated" excuse lol :jamming:

2) Madame X is a masterpiece, the bonus tracks are great and Ciao Bella  deserves more! :luv:

3) LAP album is overrated af, it's not as mature as it's described (looking at you Cherish and Dear Jessie)... :Madonna021:

4) the hard Candy cover is great, it's cool, sexy and a big "fuck u" to ageism! :Madonna015:

5) most of her "bad" stuff such as MDNA or RH, would be acclaimed if released by other artists! 

6) DWT is in her top 3 tours! :pop:

7) LAV is super overrated by older fans, it's not better than RH imo

I have many unpopular opinion but these are the only ones that came to my mind rn lol! 

Actually I ageee with most of them.. 

1) yeah, the album came late when Timbaland sound was already outdated and I can agree with most fans that it's a downgrade from her previous perfect flow of high quality albums (RoL, Music, AL, COADF) however it's not that "bad" album as some fans present. Actually, I listen to Hard Candy a lot especially in summer, for some reason it's a perfect album for hot sunny weather for me.. Even if I definitely wouldn't put it amongst my top 5 Madonna albums, doesn't necessarily mean it's such a bad record

2) no doubt about it, I guess majority of fans can agree with Madame X being masterpiece and Madonna back in form and being creative with that record.. Of course, not everyone but in general it's accepted as a good record amongst fans 

3) this is actually a VERY GOOD point.. I love LAP but I have never understood why it's acclaimed as such mature album... Of course, it's definitely MUCH more mature than her previous albums (even if True Blue has at least Papa dont preach song) but in general it's not that mature record since it also has totally playful, bubble gummy tracks such as Cherish or Dear Jessie. 

Rhythm Nation by Janet from the same era is much more mature album than LAP.. which doesn't make LAP any worse of an album, but still it just is

4) this is the one I disagree the most :-) I accept that a few people like it, but in general it's simply not good cover... Despite Madonna looking unappealing, What's the point of Madonna being presented as boxer? How is that connected to the sound of an album (which is absolutely not hip-hop heavy). How is it connected to the album title? They just smashed candies behind her for no reason at all. It's just a mess, not linked together. But yeah, that's just my opinion :)

5) Completely agree...  Actually most of young Madonna non-fans/casual listeners of her really like RH (even my mother listen RH a lot!) . It would be definitely more acclaimed album by general public if someone else's released it in 2015. Only thing I cannot forgive her that she decided not to include David Guetas tracks (RH, Addicted, Borrowed Time, Wash All over Me) but changed those to reallu stripped down versions. 

6) it is.. I actually prefer it even over Blond Ambition that I find overrated by older fans. No doubt about significance of BA tour, but she has better tours from viewers perspective 

7) I think this one is not even unpopular, lol.. There are many fans that rank LAV as their least favorite Madonna album. It's actually the ONLY ONE album I NEVER listen in full by Madonna. After Dress You Up I cannot stand this album (sorry not sorry) 

PS: I am still interested about your other unpopular opinions ;-) 

Edited by HC Charge (see edit history)

2 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Actually I ageee with most of them.. 

1) yeah, the album came late when Timbaland sound was already outdated and I can agree with most fans that it's a downgrade from her previous perfect flow of high quality albums (RoL, Music, AL, COADF) however it's not that "bad" album as some fans present. Actually, I listen to Hard Candy a lot especially in summer, for some reason it's a perfect album for hot sunny weather for me.. Even if I definitely wouldn't put it amongst my top 5 Madonna albums, doesn't necessarily mean it's such a bad record

2) no doubt about it, I guess majority of fans can agree with Madame X being masterpiece and Madonna back in form and being creative with that record.. Of course, not everyone but in general it's accepted as a good record amongst fans 

3) this is actually a VERY GOOD point.. I love LAP but I have never understood why it's acclaimed as such mature album... Of course, it's definitely MUCH more mature than her previous albums (even if True Blue has at least Papa dont preach song) but in general it's not that mature record since it also has totally playful, bubble gummy tracks such as Cherish or Dear Jessie. 

Rhythm Nation by Janet from the same era is much more mature album than LAP.. which doesn't make LAP any worse of an album, but still it just is

4) this is the one I disagree the most :-) I accept that a few people like it, but in general it's simply not good cover... Despite Madonna looking unappealing, What's the point of Madonna being presented as boxer? How is that connected to the sound of an album (which is absolutely not hip-hop heavy). How is it connected to the album title? They just smashed candies behind her for no reason at all. It's just a mess, not linked together. But yeah, that's just my opinion :)

5) Completely agree...  Actually most of young Madonna non-fans/casual listeners of her really like RH (even my mother listen RH a lot!) . It would be definitely more acclaimed album by general public if someone else's released it in 2015. Only thing I cannot forgive her that she decided not to include David Guetas tracks (RH, Addicted, Borrowed Time, Wash All over Me) but changed those to reallu stripped down versions. 

6) it is.. I actually prefer it even over Blond Ambition that I find overrated by older fans. No doubt about significance of BA tour, but she has better tours from viewers perspective 

7) I think this one is not even unpopular, lol.. There are many fans that rank LAV as their least favorite Madonna album. It's actually the ONLY ONE album I NEVER listen in full by Madonna. After Dress You Up I cannot stand this album (sorry not sorry) 

PS: I am still interested about your other unpopular opinions ;-) 

I thought mine were quite unpopular tbh, as I never see other fans thinking like this lol

Like, I love hard Candy, it's one of my favorite albums despite not being her best artistically, and I love the cover and design / visual concept of the whole Era despite it being quite random, with the boxer alter ego and the candy thing, maybe I just don't read too much in it, I think the shots and the album cover flows well with the songs tbh lol! Also this album makes me think of spring and motivates me to move! 

And yeah, I like LAP more and more everyday but I still think... Idk it's just not THAT great? I remember it expecting to be all rock gospel inspired like the title track and TDDUA, instead it's kind of a weird mix, true blue like songs mixed with ballads, idk how to explain it lol... 

Btw Thanks! I have many unpopular opinions but when I have to write them down I just can't think of them lol! The only ones that cross my mind right now: Angel is one of her weakest songs ever imo, I'm Breathless is a very good album and Evita is criminally underrated! :D

Well, I love "American Pie" too... and I think like someone said before that "Ray of light" didn't age so well. I enjoyed it in 1998 very much but now, for me, it's her most boring album. I think some people loves it just because it was beginning of her last big years for the general public.

And  other thing that I hate is when people say "This album/song/tour/performance" is overrated without arguments. I mean, some times a song, album, tour... are remembered for the impact when it was released. I can understand that a 20 years fan can say that "Like a virgin" (it's just an example) is overrated but it's because he only knows the album and saw the youtube clips and things like that... People that lived that time has a different point of view... 

18 hours ago, scamper said:

I think some people loves it just because it was beginning of her last big years for the general public.

Definitely not true... For example I was a teenage boy when Ray of Light was released and I was disappointed by that album back then since I didn't completely understand the topics she was singing about. At that time I was listening to very simple pop songs by Spice Girls or Britney and couldn't understand why Ray of Light was so weird and different (in terms of music standards at that times.. Pop songs that were charting were so simple in comparison with RoL) 

Actually I started to LOVE RoL much later when I become more mature (maybe before my 30s), and than I finally understood why sooo many fans love it, consider it BEST album by Madonna and one of the greatest pop record. Even for today music standard, it aged pretty well (for example Frozen is timeless song), RoL is just not another "simple" pop album by Madonna, it's a piece of music art. If someone find it boring I can understand, but it's probably just because you expect another pop record by Madonna, but she delivered something more complex.

And I definitely don't care if it was "big year" for Madonna or not. For example I love eras such as Bedtime Stories or Madam X, and those are definitely not "big". From the other side, Like a Virgin era was HuuuuuGE and its my least favorite Madonna album, so I don't really think fans love certain albums just because they are coming from big eras or not 

Edited by HC Charge (see edit history)

18 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

She is not a real musician. Otherwise she would have the need to create music or involved in music as real musicians need. The latest she created music was 2018 (and released in 2019). 

Sorry but I don't think a new album is her priority now that she is working on her biopic (not to forget a soundtrack is coming along with it) after one year of editing of the Madame X tour, lol

here it go:

Id love BA tour and I know the huge thing at the time it was, but somehow I prefer GS

Ct was the last perfect tour...MDNA was very close to that

RHT and Madame X are boring

Rebel Heart its actually A GREAT album.... but the idea that we almost have 2CD set (Rebel+Heart) was just PERFECT

WOrbit is fucking great, with M have time and bring some HER ideas too

David Foster was a great producer for her....underrated

Something To Remember is underrated too. Dude, M make a FUCKING amazing song with MASSIVE ATTACK.... and her vocals in the album are just impeccable

Celebration iwas a big missed opportunity. It has a BEAUTIFUL booklet, but nothing new. By the way, M DOESN'T CARE much about his fans

Jonas Ak. is a true ANGEL in Ms life...CT editing is amazing.... wish RIT was edited by him..... in fact it was even edited, but we only saw that shit documentary, and never the complete material.

I really love her GH albums from You Can Dance to Celebration

I love The Next Best Thing, Swept Away, Evita etc

I prefer Girlie Show over blonde ambition

Living For Love is so underrated

I don't want to hear anymore Like A Prayer?

I love Candy Shop it's funny?

Like A Prayer demos MEH

Tears Of A Clown has better track list than Rebel Heart Tour

I hate the word "cohesive" cohesive this cohesive that, used in forums like madonnanation, madonna ukmix and some times in this forum

I love Hey You❤

Fans need to forget COADF

The Like A Prayer album shading while giving praise to MDNA and Hard Candy is giving me big “I’m not like other gays” energy.

I cannot. Some of you cigs literally cannot leave the disco for 45 minutes and it shows. 

Madonna bears her entire soul for the first time on record and explores different musical styles outside of synths and it’s not special? It literally rebirths here career after Who’s That Girl was her first major flop and her sound started to repeat and sound tired. 
Someone been fuckin with the Kool-aid Wendy.

I get the thread title but guuuuurl! 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:41 AM, PanditaRulez said:

Confessions is overrated 

Hard Candy is meh

MDNA have some nice songs between trash songs 

Rebel Heart is wonderful but it needed more cooking time 

Madame X is pretty messy

That’s tea actually. 

I should objectively adore Madame X but something is missing and I cannot put my finger on it. I see it’s brilliance but if feels utterly lifeless. So crafted and forged and chiselled it appears cold and unorganic. Of steel and marble not wood and flesh. 
Which seems an odd thing to say when Medellin has such warmth as does Crave and parts of Looking For Mercy. Her voice seems very reserved and reigned in. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

The Like A Prayer album shading while giving praise to MDNA and Hard Candy is giving me big “I’m not like other gays” energy.

I personally love LAP now, I'm loving it more and more everyday, I just can't get into it as much as the other albums, maybe it was just too different from what I expected? I wish it was all a rock/gospel album, following the sound of LAP, TDDUA and Love Song (not really in love with this one, but it's the kind of intriguing rock sound I wish the whole album had) with the add of ballads as beautiful as Oh Father, but I find songs like cherish and Jessie so out of place overall, they kinda ruin my mood while listening to the whole work, idk if it makes sense, it's hard to explain :scoff:

And about Hard Candy, idk it's just a lot of fun :smuglaugh:

I love Hard Candy

I don't really like LAP as an album, sure there's some great tracks there, but it's my least listened too/least favorite album

On the opposite side, American Life is my favorite/most listened to album

I hate The Girlie Show, mainly because I don't like any of the reworkings she did of the songs for that show

MDNA is one of my favorite tours, though I ABSOLUTELY agree that the official release is horribly edited

X-Static Process is the best song she's ever released

Bedtime Stories is underrated as an album, the album tracks are way better than people really give them credit for

Madame X should've been an EP (though idk if this is unpopular)

About the tours:

•The Girlie Show is good but DEFINITELY needed more songs in the setlist. Only 15 songs, like, really? Why? (also think she should add more songs to her seltists in general) 

•The DWT Cowboy Segment is absolutely amazing and deserves more recognition 

•RHT is great but it feels like there's still something missing in the setlist (idk how to explain this one lol) 

•Blonde Ambition is legendary and revolutionary, but this doesn't mean it's her absolute best 

•The way fans overlook the DWT is annoying, it's one of her best tours  

•The punk/badass DWT look is fucking amazing and one of her best reinventions in terms of outfits and looks! 

Did I already mention the DWT? :Madonna006:

Edited by Andreo (see edit history)

The MDNA Tour was horrific in every aspect. 1/3 prerecorded, hideous costumes, incredibly awful vocals when she did actually sing live, depressing and just a massive let down.

The Who's That Girl Tour is the best her songs have ever sounded live in that the band was absolutely fire.

The Drummer on The Girlie Show doesn't get enough admiration from fans - extreme talent there.

Blond Ambition is remarkable but Japan is the best show to watch unlike fan favourite Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, into the erotico said:

i cant stand 'Truth or dare'.. :angel:

On 8/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, poodle said:

I hate IGTTYAS.

Both have their pros and cons

Truth or Dare:

1. Get the behind the scenes snapshot of BA (pro)

2. Get to know a bit more about the dancers (pro)

3. Madonna is insufferable at this point in her life and very angry (con)

4. A snapshot behind the scenes of arguably the biggest year of her career (pro)

5. Several scenes seem very manufactured and I'm not just saying that because Chris wrote it in the book (con)

IGTTYAS:

1. Madonna is much more pleasant to see (pro)

2. We get to see her family (pro)

3. The pace seems slow and the Kabbalah aspects while insightful also drag down the movie (con)

4. That ending of her in Israel while nice also ends the movie on a bland note (con)

5. Re-Invention was just a boring tour to have cameras doing behind the scenes work for (con). Drowned World or Confessions would've worked better

6. This movie seems like one big PR stunt to win people back over after American Life bombed. A softer Madonna, a gentler Madonna. The mother who left using Evian bottles for salacious actions behind in 1990.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, Fighter said:

Confessions is perfect cos it takes you on a journey of self discovery from more fun to serious and it's amazing to me. I always loved the second portion of the album more. 

Me too. I love how the album gets more sophisticated towards the end. IMHO, she sold the record short by saying it was mainly about dancing and having a good time. It’s quite introspective towards the end and why everybody hates Push and the likes, to me Push, How High and LION are among the best productions from that album.