Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RinoTheBouncer

On 9/24/2021 at 12:14 AM, Andreo said:

I think she has always had a great humor, but Unapologetic as part of the show is just horrible, lol, It's stupid, kinda embarrassing and steals almost 10 minutes of show with just a banana joke. There was nothing better to put at the end? Really? Lol

I agree.
And I'll add that I find Amy Schumer embarrassing and cringe and never once made me laugh.
Madonna's introduction to Schumer's show was embarrassing, the blowjob thing for people who would vote for Clinton was not funny. The criticism was stupid, though. 
Madonna has still a great humor but she’s less funny in the last few years than she was ten or twenty years ago.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, o_g_c_x said:

She looked really hot and only 6 years ago. She is totally different now.

Kinda true. 

In 2015 when she did her hair like this (Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Fallon, Billboard Music Awards, Drake, MET Gala) she was truly a hottie, almost at the peak of her sex appeal ever. 
Until the first part of 2016 she was hot, even when she was at Sean Penn's event she was extremely beautiful. Since 2017 she has changed so much with pejorative cosmetic surgeries and now she looks completely different.

One of her best looks imho:

dWAyOQ7.jpgr8WULQz.jpg

Edited by Lorx (see edit history)

On 11/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, blondebenji said:

I am not bagging mariah. 

I luv her but we give M a hard time for filtering..........hmmmmmmmmm

And her fans or the public will not say one single thing

Mariah-Carey-McDonalds-USA-Menu-1024x576.jpg

Mariah is a butterfly queen, she has never been about fitness and hasn't been natural in over 20 years. Look at her album covers since Rainbow, she's a sweet fantasy. However, her Instagram pictures of her at home with her kids and lounging around don't look facetuned. Even with her photoshopped pictures she looks the same facially for the most part. M on the other hand appeared natural and fit most of her career, but the last few years she has changed her appearance drastically. Even though I love M's Instagram photoshoots, she looks like a beautiful stranger. Her expressive eyes are gone, she doesn't smile and even the shape of her head looks different.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

~ American Life was definitely underrated when released, and it's still being looked over by most critics and general audience.

~ I expected more tracks from AL on the Madame X show since she said its album was a continuation of that one, I feel so many other songs could have fitted the storyline.

~ The first single from American Life should have been Intervention, and then Hollywood.

~ Madame X had the potential to become a conceptual album, the first tearer gave me that idea, instead we got a collection of standard songs not connected to each other with a nice artwork. I cannot see the story of "a spy in the house of love" in that album, not even rearranging the tracklist. she could have had that story.

~ The first single from Madame X should have been Batuka, with the same video, and then later, Medellín.

~ MDNA was a bit overproduced but it still feels as one of her most honest albums. Falling Free is the best album closer she's ever had.

~ The triangle pit on The MDNA Tour was not a really good idea. it worked on paper, it had worked on other tours (see the Elevation Tour by U2, first show ever to have a pit) but it was not well excecuted here. Had i have given the change, I'd rather choose to stay on the tip of the triangle, outside of it, to appreciate the entire show, instead of turning my back to the stage and miss what's going on there just to see her back when she's on the B stage.

~ Her latest MTV appearance was more cringe than anything. I get it, she's free to do whatever she wants, but come on.

~ I'd love to see an acoustic tour or something closer as what Tears of a Clown was instead of intricate stages, screens all opver and exhausting dance routines. I want a show focused on the music. I wanna see M the singer and musician instead of M the showwoman.

~ When the Madame X show was announced with residences in few cities, I expected the setlist to be way more flexible, so the possibility of adding new songs each night became real, and keep the surprise element to the audience.

~ I enjoy her later albums way more than her earlier, but her debut is one of the best things she's ever made.

~ M and Mirwaïs have together created her best and most experimental songs. I have friends that don't listen to her often/only know her biggest radio hits, and they're all amazed by those songs.

I don't think she has really been interested in making music since American Life tanked

Confessions was to try and get back her commercial success, it mostly worked everywhere but the US, so she did Hard Candy, a more R&B flavoured album with relatively hot US producers and that didn't get her commercial US success back either. Radio was done with her and it hurt her in a big way. 

The next few years was more a result of her Live Nation deal, which she signed in the midst of a marriage that was falling apart. Working herself into the ground was probably an attractive prospect at that point, but I am certain she regretted it.

Then she brought Orbit back for MDNA, but I am convinced she had mostly given up and was nowhere near as involved in the making of that album as previous albums. She barely wanted to promote the album, spent more time on other projects and the tour and generally had a "i'm over it" vibe during the few interviews that we got.

I get the feeling with Rebel Heart she went into it wanting to do good work, but Diplo was all wrong for her and she had lost her mojo, you can see it in some of the interviews where she laments how making music has changed and how she had to chase after him to get the album completed. I do think she had high hopes and big plans, but it all went pear shaped during the promo. 

I have no doubt if she hadn't left the US and been inspired by the music scene overseas, Madam X would have never happened, she pretty much said this at the time. I'd be shocked if we got much new music in the future. I think like Madam X, she will need to be inspired to write and record, I honestly don't see it happening. 

3 hours ago, me1981 said:

I don't think she has really been interested in making music since American Life tanked

Confessions was to try and get back her commercial success, it mostly worked everywhere but the US, so she did Hard Candy, a more R&B flavoured album with relatively hot US producers and that didn't get her commercial US success back either. Radio was done with her and it hurt her in a big way. 

The next few years was more a result of her Live Nation deal, which she signed in the midst of a marriage that was falling apart. Working herself into the ground was probably an attractive prospect at that point, but I am certain she regretted it.

Then she brought Orbit back for MDNA, but I am convinced she had mostly given up and was nowhere near as involved in the making of that album as previous albums. She barely wanted to promote the album, spent more time on other projects and the tour and generally had a "i'm over it" vibe during the few interviews that we got.

I get the feeling with Rebel Heart she went into it wanting to do good work, but Diplo was all wrong for her and she had lost her mojo, you can see it in some of the interviews where she laments how making music has changed and how she had to chase after him to get the album completed. I do think she had high hopes and big plans, but it all went pear shaped during the promo. 

I have no doubt if she hadn't left the US and been inspired by the music scene overseas, Madam X would have never happened, she pretty much said this at the time. I'd be shocked if we got much new music in the future. I think like Madam X, she will need to be inspired to write and record, I honestly don't see it happening. 

This is my perspective of the last almost 20 years as well.  

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I´m new here and I don´t want to be controversial from the start, but I never cared for Erotica, and I know for many fans it is sacred. Ok, I understand she made a point and became a risky artist with this one, but I almost don´t like any song, too long, her voice not in the best shape, and In this life, one of her worst ballads ever, and lastly, overall not very erotic to my ears. Ok, rain and some others have a pass, but not the masterpiece we pretend, as ROL or other albums of hers were. I became a fan in 1999, through that William Orbit glorious peak era, and looking back, Erotica has always seemed to be quite forgetable and as I grew older, I returned to it and still nothing for me. Anyway, as always, it´s a matter of taste.

Edited by Drownedboy (see edit history)