Jump to content

Unpopular Madonna Opinions


RinoTheBouncer
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/1/2021 at 1:28 PM, bedtimestory said:

William Orbit was the BEST thing that ever happened to her, thanks to him we have her most exceptional artistic songs. He should work for her on every alum for life.

Yes ! We don’t talk enough about his justify my love and erotica  oh and even I’ll Remebwr remixes !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 10:28 PM, bedtimestory said:

William Orbit was the BEST thing that ever happened to her, thanks to him we have her most exceptional artistic songs. He should work for her on every alum for life.

Sorry but I still remember the garbage he produced in MDNA... and Amazing and Runaway Lover are the weakest tracks of Music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

Sorry but I still remember the garbage he produced in MDNA... and Amazing and Runaway Lover are the weakest tracks of Music.

Exactly... I think most of the fans are exaggerating the work of Orbit (even if I endlessly love his production on Ray of Light). 

Of course, he is the best thing that happened to her... in 1997/1998. 

But sticking with him (as the only producer) for next 2-3 albums would be disaster. He is good when other producers are involved and ideas of Orbit and others are merged together, but as a single producer he is not so creative and diverse as Mirwais, for example. 

Moreover, I always liked Madonna for changing producers for (almost) every album. This way she keeps surprising me constantly. Of course, this approach doesn't always pays off (Hard Candy) but she is at least trying. I cannot stand nowdays singers that sound totally the same for three albums. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Exactly... I think most of the fans are exaggerating the work of Orbit (even if I endlessly love his production on Ray of Light). 

Of course, he is the best thing that happened to her... in 1997/1998. 

But sticking with him (as the only producer) for next 2-3 albums would be disaster. He is good when other producers are involved and ideas of Orbit and others are merged together, but as a single producer he is not so creative and diverse as Mirwais, for example. 

Moreover, I always liked Madonna for changing producers for (almost) every album. This way she keeps surprising me constantly. Of course, this approach doesn't always pays off (Hard Candy) but she is at least trying. I cannot stand nowdays singers that sound totally the same for three albums. 

Well, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I've always disliked Time Stood Still and Masterpiece... Orbit's production is blander than cheap vanilla ice cream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be a very unpopular opinion especially here. But I’m not that excited about the reissuing of her old albums. I am not that interested in buying something I already have. I guess they may have a few previously unreleased songs, but a lot of those have leaked online already. It’s kind of a waste of money to me to have to buy a whole album just to get 1 or 2 previously unheard songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, Glindathegood said:

This will be a very unpopular opinion especially here. But I’m not that excited about the reissuing of her old albums. I am not that interested in buying something I already have. I guess they may have a few previously unreleased songs, but a lot of those have leaked online already. It’s kind of a waste of money to me to have to buy a whole album just to get 1 or 2 previously unheard songs.

I'm just waiting to see what these reissues are about... but yeah... hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. That fans, even (or especially) die-hard fans seem to be stuck in the thought process that she "needs to" or "should be" or "release a" or "behave in" or be a certain type of Madonna that aligns with the Madonna she was at the time that they liked her the most. When we should be realizing that she has always done exactly whatever the fuck she wants when she wants to.

2. In retrospect I really don't like Hard Candy because it's basically the Justin Timberlake show...

3. Madame X was great but the lyrics are super cringe, which baffles me as there are a lot of songs that could have been tidied up a bit with different lyric choices.

4. American Life could have been better than Ray of Light (and almost is).

5. It's criminal that Crazy for You, Gambler, I'll Remember, This Used to be My Playground and Beautiful Stranger where passed up for Academy Award nominations.

6. Die Another Day is a great dance song but it is the "worst Bond song ever" to quote (and agree with) Elton John.

5. Erotica is her most cohesive and best album.

6. Most of her movies and performances aren't half bad and the ones that she really wanted are the ones she shines the most in (League of the Own, Dick Tracy, Evita).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jtrover said:

The SEX book, Erotica (song and album title), A Body of Evidence and American Life (song, album and video) are absolutely related to the decline of Madonna's popularity and success. 

I mean this isn't unpopular it's well known and mostly agreed upon. The only difference is AL did more irreversible damage than the Erotica era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 3:27 AM, Andreo said:

About the tours:

•The Girlie Show is good but DEFINITELY needed more songs in the setlist. Only 15 songs, like, really? Why? (also think she should add more songs to her seltists in general) 

•The DWT Cowboy Segment is absolutely amazing and deserves more recognition 

•RHT is great but it feels like there's still something missing in the setlist (idk how to explain this one lol) 

•Blonde Ambition is legendary and revolutionary, but this doesn't mean it's her absolute best 

•The way fans overlook the DWT is annoying, it's one of her best tours  

•The punk/badass DWT look is fucking amazing and one of her best reinventions in terms of outfits and looks! 

Did I already mention the DWT? :Madonna006:

RHT is great but it feels like there's still something missing in the setlist (idk how to explain this one lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, into the erotico said:

RHT is great but it feels like there's still something missing in the setlist (idk how to explain this one lol)

This. I watched it last night, and I'm sorry, piggybacking off of this unpopular opinion....

...but the Rebel Heart Tour is Madonna's first really not that great tour (followed by her all time worst Madame X, don't @ me).

It definitely was cheap and subpar compared to everything that came before it (obviously with the exception of VT / WTG). It's such a lazy rehash of past Madonna tours, the setlist is clunky, the ending section is horrendous (the Unapologetic Bitch part is an atrocity), she comes off tired, the arrangements are boring, the costumes are ugly (except for the last section), the entrance is lame and very Cher.

Idk. I had fun when I went, but I also was very, very drunk and close to the stage lol. Watching it back, it's really not that good.

Still think this tour -- As well as Madame X -- Suffered from changes in concept during the middle of rehearsals. The random "production challenges" excuse for a reschedule of Rebel Heart dates sounds like they significantly changed the production (i.e. downscaled), and we know from rehearsal videos that multiple concepts didn't make the show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It's such a lazy rehash of past Madonna tours, the setlist is clunky, the ending section is horrendous (the Unapologetic Bitch part is an atrocity), she comes off tired, the arrangements are boring, the costumes are ugly (except for the last section), the entrance is lame

As I've already said here, I never make negative comments in general, let alone on M's shows but... So many things are underwhelming about RHT...

This is what I meant, more or less: overall I find it good, but too many random and messy choices make it look cheap. You're right on Unapologetic, it at the end was the most uninspired, unfunny, stupid choice that was ever made in terms of setlists, it makes me cringe sm and genuinely makes me want to skip the whole section (holiday with the same arrangement is boring as hell so let's say I would just turn my pc off right after MG), the intro is underwhelming as hell, the whole act is lame and overedited (I'm one of those fans who actually think the editing on her last tours are not as bad as fans say) but the iconic / bim part is just pure eyes-burning and headache crap, I could defend the MDNA tour editing, but this was too much even for me...

And talking about burning, BU is so flat and out of place, slowed down D&D wtf was that? It lacks of all its energy and romanticism, and the 80s Mashup is such a great idea that hopefully will be explored for her next shows but it just doesn't work here... And how the fuck could she not include GT in the setlist, when it's literally considered the real hit and best song of the whole album? This still baffles me...

Again, overall it's good, I genuinely like the rest such as the religious act, the Music/Candy Shop/Material Girl sequence but a big let down after such perfection coming with MDNAT, S&S and CT. Sorry for the negative comment, I genuinely never do this in general but I felt like telling my two cents about this lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

As I've already said here, I never make negative comments in general, let alone on M's shows but... So many things are underwhelming about RHT...

This is what I meant, more or less: overall I find it good, but too many random and messy choices make it look cheap. You're right on Unapologetic, it at the end was the most uninspired, unfunny, stupid choice that was ever made in terms of setlists, it makes me cringe sm and genuinely makes me want to skip the whole section (holiday with the same arrangement is boring as hell so let's say I would just turn my pc off right after MG), the intro is underwhelming as hell, the whole act is lame and overedited (I'm one of those fans who actually think the editing on her last tours are not as bad as fans say) but the iconic / bim part is just pure eyes-burning and headache crap, I could defend the MDNA tour editing, but this was too much even for me...

And talking about burning, BU is so flat and out of place, slowed down D&D wtf was that? It lacks of all its energy and romanticism, and the 80s Mashup is such a great idea that hopefully will be explored for her next shows but it just doesn't work here... And how the fuck could she not include GT in the setlist, when it's literally considered the real hit and best song of the whole album? This still baffles me...

Again, overall it's good, I genuinely like the rest such as the religious act, the Music/Candy Shop/Material Girl sequence but a big let down after such perfection coming with MDNAT, S&S and CT. Sorry for the negative comment, I genuinely never do this in general but I felt like telling my two cents about this lol

Yessss we've finally found your Achilles Heel -- The Rebel Heart Tour! Lmao :Madonna009:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...