If you could change her Superbowl Halftime Show

louis.exe

Yeah, not gonna lie, her setlist was pretty awful, even though the show itself was really good.

I would have done it as follows:

* Vogue

* Music EDM / Rave Mix 

(NO LMFAO GOOD GOD, WHY DID SHE DO THAT?!)

* I'm Addicted

(Always thought this should have been the MDNA lead -- Was so logical with the theme and slick / didn't sound cheap)

* Hung Up

(With the clock end segueing into...)

* Holiday 

(Using Get Together as main backing instrumental -- There was a perfect mix online that I can't find anymore :sad: )

* Like A Prayer (Similar to S&S Mix)

The Super Bowl setlist wasn't terrible... it was very much suitable for the general audience. However, I would have ditched GMAYL... no-one cared about it, and I really didn't wanna see Nicki there... maybe replace it with Holiday...an actual hit record. I also would have ditched the LMFAO part... they had already used up their 5 mins of fame before doing this. Also, Would have placed Like a Prayer in the middle of the set rather than at the end.

But most of all.... HAVE HER SING THE DAMN THING LIVE, AND NO LIP-SYNCING.... its sooooo lazy

The setlist was good. Her career is filled of hits, she couldn't do a setlist with all of them and respect the duration (Hello Lady Gaga). She had to make choices to fit the duration. We can disagree with this choice but I think that Vogue, Music, Like a prayer were great to connect with the general public.

Concerning the guests, well, i'd change all of them

19 hours ago, PWCCA said:

The Super Bowl setlist wasn't terrible... it was very much suitable for the general audience. However, I would have ditched GMAYL... no-one cared about it, and I really didn't wanna see Nicki there... maybe replace it with Holiday...an actual hit record. I also would have ditched the LMFAO part... they had already used up their 5 mins of fame before doing this. Also, Would have placed Like a Prayer in the middle of the set rather than at the end.

But most of all.... HAVE HER SING THE DAMN THING LIVE, AND NO LIP-SYNCING.... its sooooo lazy

no way ..while we fans generally accept that she is not a perfect live singer or singer to be honest the general public would have crucified her if she sang badly this said she could have had the bloody mic turned on and make it sound like it was live by maybe shouting to the crowd but overall i dont think i would change anything 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, PWCCA said:

I agree that it could have been more hits than GMAYL but I am totally sure she wasn't the first one or the last to lipsync at the Super Bowl. And that doesn't make her less of an artist.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 9/25/2019 at 11:32 PM, techno101 said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, her setlist was pretty awful, even though the show itself was really good.

I would have done it as follows:

* Vogue

* Music EDM / Rave Mix 

(NO LMFAO GOOD GOD, WHY DID SHE DO THAT?!)

* I'm Addicted

(Always thought this should have been the MDNA lead -- Was so logical with the theme and slick / didn't sound cheap)

* Hung Up

(With the clock end segueing into...)

* Holiday 

(Using Get Together as main backing instrumental -- There was a perfect mix online that I can't find anymore :sad: )

* Like A Prayer (Similar to S&S Mix)

This would have been so much better. Also, that Holiday and Get Together mashup sounds extraordinary! 

I wouldn't change anything.  Even the featured guest were fine with me.  Most older artists do it anyway. They bring in other acts to assure everyone will enjoy. I mean let's face it, Madonna is hardly a regular football fan's dream performer. So it makes sense to bring in other acts to secure a bigger audience.  I'm sure the people in charge of Half-Time wanted her to bring in guest other rather her sing herself.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
  • Vogue
  • Music (Rave Mix)
  • I’m Addicted
  • Hung Up
  • Ray Of Light (Rave Mix)
  • Like A Prayer (Rave Mix)

No guest appearances from anyone, just Madonna being iconic and going down in history for fifteen minutes.david letterman smoking GIF