NEXT: Arena/Stadium World Tour

RinoTheBouncer

Hey everyone,

I know this might have been discussed before somewhere, but I feel like it's never an old topic to tackle, especially since there isn't much to see from this tour since there aren't many recordings anyway, so here's the thing. I personally am not big on theater tours due to the smaller scale, the lack of tech and larger than life sets that she's always got us used to seeing before and also not visiting as many parts of the world..etc. So here's the thing, Madonna (to my knowledge) has finished her contract after this tour. What follows is a total mystery. Is she gonna renew? is she gonna join another label? is she gonna retire? No one knows. What we know is that she's on a theater tour for 92 dates, selling very expensive tickets even for seats that aren't so good nor with much extra privileges, and doing many shows in the same city, and people are still attending. Of course, she hasn't sold out every show and any tickets are left but enough was sold and for insanely high prices compared to new artist who are selling millions of copies and getting millions of not billions of streams.

So here's the thing. After Madame X, Madonna can go on a stadium or an arena tour visiting many parts of the world from South American to Japan and China to Australia, the Middle East, and of course Europe and North America. The tour can most preferably be a greatest hits tour or a farewell tour, the latter alone could make her sell out (I don't even get why some fans repeatedly say "I wish she doesn't do a greatest hits tour" like what exactly is wrong with that?). Madonna has always been known for her larger than life concerts and throwing the best parties in the world. That's what people love, a huge party, that's what people will be willing to pay to see, to spend their hard earned money own. Not her own gimmicks. No one is interested in paying $2000 to watch her crack jokes or sell polaroids or sing covers, other than hardcore fans who are a fraction of the general public who got her to gain $408m from S&S and $305m from MDNA Tours, and many of us hardcore fans have our issues with Madame X Tour.

In addition to that, if a 3000 capacity theater can be partially filled 14 times in one city for an average of $500-700 where she sings songs from her lowest selling album and most obscure tracks, that can very much mean that she can fill an arena or a stadium for a fraction of that price at least once in that city. Imagine how much she'll sell if that stadium or arena tour was her greatest hits tour, the songs that everyone and their mother, best friend and pet know by heart, and imagine that being her farewell tour where everyone will wanna get a chance to see Madonna's final tour.

The setlist can be a mixture of big hits, recent music and obscure old gems that were are rarely or never performed. It could even change bits with every few dates. Honestly, I can see people seeing it more than once to get a taste of everything, and with people streaming everything, the hype will grow bigger and bigger with their free promo on social media. And if she ever decides to do this, she better does it soon while she still can physically do all the amazing power dance routines, and still be able to leave the heavy lifting to dancers, screens and crazy props. She knows how to do these things. She can even beat U2 and the Rolling Stones if she puts her mind into it and performs some 120 dates. It can be her biggest highest grossing tour to date.

So, arena or a stadium + lower priced tickets (packages like pit, early entry or golden circle can be more expensive) + great production, outfits, dance routines and huge screens..etc + global dates + a setlist that can please the majority of audiences = guaranteed success.

I'm not here claiming that I have authority over Madonna or that she owes me nor that I expect her to prove anything, because singing and performing is a job not a proof of anything, but it's a suggestion that I think can be something that most fans will love and will be this legendary high note where Madonna leaves with a bang.

She will go back to arenas (she can't fill stadiums anymore), but the days of the 'larger than life' spectacles are over. She can't dance like it's 2008 anymore. In the future, her shows will probably look like the RHT, which is fine for me. And YES, I think a greatest hits tour is overdue

26 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I've always thought (and I've said this before)the theatre show right now is just a special and rare thing for Madame X and a 'greatest hits' release and big arena tour will be next.  

Let's hope... Let's hope... :pray:

Hope is the last to die (but I know we will die first :suffer:)

3 things:

• She's more than likely testing the waters with the Madame X Tour.
  • She did the stadium/arena thing for over 30 years, don't you think she's earned the right to decide what type of show she'll do til the day she retires?
  • Sure other older acts like Cher and Tina have done their part in relation to touring at such age but are her shows still big? I love Cher but I've always felt she's been recycling her 1999 tour over and over. Madonna's an innovator even though she's got a questionable taste when it comes to collaborations lol but there's a reason many people still love her and it's that she's never been afraid to take risks. And that's what makes her bigger than her peers.

@Bat-Fan I think criticism is important, and I have been very critical about her lateness, the Polaroid, the backing tracks etc. Negativity is something else. I won't say the tour sucks, I haven't seen it. All the reviews are positive and I think it will be briliant as always to see.

Honestly, to think of a stadium, where you have to queue for hours, stand for hours, not going to the toilet for hours, be pushed by everybody, see her through the screens or someone else's phone is not my idea of a dream tour. We all want to be close and this time we really have the opportunity. It was different when I saw RHT in Uk and had the chance to sit close, but have my own seat. I won't buy standing floor anymore.

A GH tour means Like a virgin, Material girl, La isla bonita, Like a prayer, Vogue. I read many fans complaining about that. I am ok both with new material and hits, and of course I'd love if she sang never performed old songs. My dream is that she rearranges songs (à la Everybody in the Girlie show) and stops using backing tracks. But I don't expect her to do that if she didn't take this perfect opportinity of MX Tour to do it.

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I've always thought (and I've said this before)the theatre show right now is just a special and rare thing for Madame X and a 'greatest hits' release and big arena tour will be next.  

I really hope that's the case.

8 hours ago, L-U-V said:

She will go back to arenas (she can't fill stadiums anymore), but the days of the 'larger than life' spectacles are over. She can't dance like it's 2008 anymore. In the future, her shows will probably look like the RHT, which is fine for me. And YES, I think a greatest hits tour is overdue

I don't expect her to dance like 2008, but at least something like Rebel Heart Tour, which is way better than this, and she can make it even better by not ruining songs with medleys like the one she did at RHT nor pick the worst material on the album to perform. I'd take RHT any day over MX Tour, even though I really love the material from Madame X album. The execution is underwhelming...

4 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I'd rather her tour sporting new material than the usual GH route. She can do something like RHT with a good chunk of oldies and underperformed tracks to provide a good mix of new and old versus only performing hits.

I'd want that too, though the thing is will she make new material? will she ignore most of that material to do a tour that is 80% hits? I'd welcome that as long as it's not a theater nor any small venue. Re-Invention Tour is one of her best, so I wouldn't really mind that again, provide the execution is great and high budget.

4 hours ago, madgefan said:

3 things:

• She's more than likely tasting the waters with the Madame X Tour.
  • She did the stadium/arena thing for over 30 years, don't you think she's earned the right to decide what type of show she'll do til the day she retires?
  • Sure other older acts like Cher and Tina have done their part in relation to touring at such age but are her shows still big? I love Cher but I've always felt she's been recycling her 1999 tour over and over. Madonna's an innovator even though she's got a questionable taste when it comes to collaborations lol but there's a reason many people still love her and it's that she's never been afraid to take risks. And that's what makes her bigger than her peers.

1. She is testing the waters, yes but I wouldn't want this to be the norm for her future tours.

2. I mean sure she has the "right" to decide. I'm not trying to decide for her, but as a fan, a theater tour where only a fraction of her fans can afford to attend, or be able to go to the countries where it's done, where recording is now allowed and a VOD version is not guaranteed, isn't exactly what I want the future of her career to look like, as a fan only, not someone with an authority over her.

3. Madonna is an innovator, that's the point. She will innovate in a stadium tour. The change of venue doesn't have to be the innovation, but the content. They are doing wonders with screens, lifts and props on stage to make shows look more outstanding than ever, she can innovate with those instead of downsizing.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Honestly, to think of a stadium, where you have to queue for hours, stand for hours, not going to the toilet for hours, be pushed by everybody, see her through the screens or someone else's phone is not my idea of a dream tour. We all want to be close and this time we really have the opportunity. It was different when I saw RHT in Uk and had the chance to sit close, but have my own seat. I won't buy standing floor anymore.

A GH tour means Like a virgin, Material girl, La isla bonita, Like a prayer, Vogue. I read many fans complaining about that. I am ok both with new material and hits, and of course I'd love if she sang never performed old songs. My dream is that she rearranges songs (à la Everybody in the Girlie show) and stops using backing tracks. But I don't expect her to do that if she didn't take this perfect opportinity of MX Tour to do it.

If it's a stadium tour, trust me people are gonna go either way. It may not sound very convenient and this is not me invalidating your opinion, but I'd much rather stand for hours waiting for a great show than sit on a chair for 3 hours in a theater without a phone or anything to do, just because she insists on not being on time regardless of anything, just to see a downsized show which is 20% talking and joking and the rest being the same renditions of the tracks you mentioned done in an even more underwhelming way.

9 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Fellow fans, be careful to only say positive things about Madonna or this thread will be locked down due to lack of your maturity.

What is the point of saying anything, if you only want happy-clappy 'comments' ??
Madam X is not the direction I'd hoped she'd go in but I'm not Madonna.
The song styles for vinyl are no longer considered 'pop' and her last couple of 'albums' have shown a little bit of difficulty in adapting to streaming.
According to Some.
Quiet at the back you for daring to suggest 't h e y' were Better Songs....that's how the $0ld regardless of 'format' !
She's done something different and for that I applaud her.
I'm even starting to like the New Album, who knew.  :lord:

Edited by professormouse (see edit history)

I don't know @RinoTheBouncerI personally prefer waiting in a theatre seat (I do theatre, so it's my habitat) than standing in a stadium. Although I often don't like her jokes, I didn't like those tours where she barely talked, so I loved the banter in RHT. You see it's very personal...

Are you so sure she doesn't dance on this tour? We've seen so little! But we've seen her acrobatic posture during Human Nature. I also wouldn't judge the quality of a tour from the cost of video interludes and projections: WTG is very rudimental but one of her greatest achievements. And how do you know a new tour, even a gh tour, won't accompaign new material? You give the impression you are judging before knowing (and this is what often causes frictions inside the forum), but I can understand your fears...

On 10/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, Enrico said:

I don't know @RinoTheBouncerI personally prefer waiting in a theatre seat (I do theatre, so it's my habitat) than standing in a stadium. Althoigh I often don't like her jokes, I didn't like those tours where she barely talked and loved the banter in RHT. You see it's very personal...

Are you so sure she doesn't dance on this tour? We've seen so little! But we've seen her acrobatic posture during Human Nature. I also wouldn't judge the quality if a tour from the cost of video interlude and projections: WTG is very rudimental but one of her greatest achievements. And how do you know a new tour, even a gh tour, won't accompaign new material? You give the impression you are judging before knowing (and this is what often causes frictions inside the forum), but I can understand your fears...

SOME of her fans WANT a greatest hits tour..
Others WANT expanded deluxe CD/vinyl versions of previous albums.
All the wishful thinking and hoping won't change 'wot' you-know-who has plans for.

Edited by professormouse (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

I don't know @RinoTheBouncerI personally prefer waiting in a theatre seat (I do theatre, so it's my habitat) than standing in a stadium. Although I often don't like her jokes, I didn't like those tours where she barely talked, so I loved the banter in RHT. You see it's very personal...

Are you so sure she doesn't dance on this tour? We've seen so little! But we've seen her acrobatic posture during Human Nature. I also wouldn't judge the quality of a tour from the cost of video interludes and projections: WTG is very rudimental but one of her greatest achievements. And how do you know a new tour, even a gh tour, won't accompaign new material? You give the impression you are judging before knowing (and this is what often causes frictions inside the forum), but I can understand your fears...

I don't mind if she doesn't dance. Hell I don't mind if she wants to do some small theater show where she sings old gems or a future album of ballads where she plays piano or guitar and sits down and sing, I just don't want that format to be all that we'll ever see nor miss the chance of ever seeing a greatest hits tour in the scale of MDNA, S&S or RHT.

But yeah I get your love for theater and I don't mean to discredit Madame X Tour as a good show, but maybe I just have a thing for what she's got us used to the most. Maybe if she brought in more elaborate set pieces like other theater shows. I think it's a mixture of high expectations and personal preferences.

She's clearly over traveling around with her children, it's not much of a life going from city to city and doing residencies gives her and her family more space to breathe and enjoy the experience.

But if this ends up being a financial success (which I'm sure it is) I would not be surprised if she just continues doing small venue residencies from now on. It doesn't have to be a theatre shows, she could do her usual style concerts in venues like Roseland Ballroom, Brixton etc. And she can also take that to other continents like Asia, SA etc. She can even do more hits and a greatest hits tour like that if she wants to.

23 hours ago, Enrico said:

A GH tour means Like a virgin, Material girl, La isla bonita, Like a prayer, Vogue.

Well she did all of those songs on the Rebel Heart Tour. I think for a casual audience that tour had a good balance of hits and album tracks. This theatre tour is clearly not for casual fans looking for a fun night out.

In 5 years time the twins will be teenagers and she will probably be doing stadiums again. Im glad she switched it up. In a time when stages are more of a spectacle than the actual performers its refreshing and cool. in 20 years time people will be talking about how cool and different this experience was, too bad alot of people always think that this is what its going to be like forever and ever. 

I get it though.

In the late 90s i thought she was never going to tour again. Wrong about that. 

After BS, Evita, and Ray of Light I thought we were never going to get a truly upbeat album again.  Wrong. 

Who knew after marrying Guy that Dita would ever make an appearance again. 

There was a time I didn't think we would ever see Vogue, Like a Virgin, Material Girl on tour again. She basically walked around screaming to everybody she hated these songs and they were basically dead to her.  WROOOONG. 

She didn't have a rapper on an album from 1995 to 2008. Then she had one on every album from 2008 to now. 

Madonna changes. Theatre tours are not forever. 

Embrace the now. 

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

In 5 years time the twins will be teenagers and she will probably be doing stadiums again. Im glad she switched it up. In a time when stages are more of a spectacle than the actual performers its refreshing and cool. in 20 years time people will be talking about how cool and different this experience was, too bad alot of people always think that this is what its going to be like forever and ever. 

I get it though.

In the late 90s i thought she was never going to tour again. Wrong about that. 

After BS, Evita, and Ray of Light I thought we were never going to get a truly upbeat album again.  Wrong. 

Who knew after marrying Guy that Dita would ever make an appearance again. 

There was a time I didn't think we would ever see Vogue, Like a Virgin, Material Girl on tour again. She basically walked around screaming to everybody she hated these songs and they were basically dead to her.  WROOOONG. 

She didn't have a rapper on an album from 1995 to 2008. Then she had one on every album from 2008 to now. 

Madonna changes. Theatre tours are not forever. 

Embrace the now

I agree. Embrace the now as she won't be here forever. We just need to enjoy every bit of her for as long as she's willing to release and perform anything! 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:09 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Hey everyone,

I know this might have been discussed before somewhere, but I feel like it's never an old topic to tackle, especially since there isn't much to see from this tour since there aren't many recordings anyway, so here's the thing. I personally am not big on theater tours due to the smaller scale, the lack of tech and larger than life sets that she's always got us used to seeing before and also not visiting as many parts of the world..etc. So here's the thing, Madonna (to my knowledge) has finished her contract after this tour. What follows is a total mystery. Is she gonna renew? is she gonna join another label? is she gonna retire? No one knows. What we know is that she's on a theater tour for 92 dates, selling very expensive tickets even for seats that aren't so good nor with much extra privileges, and doing many shows in the same city, and people are still attending. Of course, she hasn't sold out every show and any tickets are left but enough was sold and for insanely high prices compared to new artist who are selling millions of copies and getting millions of not billions of streams.

So here's the thing. After Madame X, Madonna can go on a stadium or an arena tour visiting many parts of the world from South American to Japan and China to Australia, the Middle East, and of course Europe and North America. The tour can most preferably be a greatest hits tour or a farewell tour, the latter alone could make her sell out (I don't even get why some fans repeatedly say "I wish she doesn't do a greatest hits tour" like what exactly is wrong with that?). Madonna has always been known for her larger than life concerts and throwing the best parties in the world. That's what people love, a huge party, that's what people will be willing to pay to see, to spend their hard earned money own. Not her own gimmicks. No one is interested in paying $2000 to watch her crack jokes or sell polaroids or sing covers, other than hardcore fans who are a fraction of the general public who got her to gain $408m from S&S and $305m from MDNA Tours, and many of us hardcore fans have our issues with Madame X Tour.

In addition to that, if a 3000 capacity theater can be partially filled 14 times in one city for an average of $500-700 where she sings songs from her lowest selling album and most obscure tracks, that can very much mean that she can fill an arena or a stadium for a fraction of that price at least once in that city. Imagine how much she'll sell if that stadium or arena tour was her greatest hits tour, the songs that everyone and their mother, best friend and pet know by heart, and imagine that being her farewell tour where everyone will wanna get a chance to see Madonna's final tour.

The setlist can be a mixture of big hits, recent music and obscure old gems that were are rarely or never performed. It could even change bits with every few dates. Honestly, I can see people seeing it more than once to get a taste of everything, and with people streaming everything, the hype will grow bigger and bigger with their free promo on social media. And if she ever decides to do this, she better does it soon while she still can physically do all the amazing power dance routines, and still be able to leave the heavy lifting to dancers, screens and crazy props. She knows how to do these things. She can even beat U2 and the Rolling Stones if she puts her mind into it and performs some 120 dates. It can be her biggest highest grossing tour to date.

So, arena or a stadium + lower priced tickets (packages like pit, early entry or golden circle can be more expensive) + great production, outfits, dance routines and huge screens..etc + global dates + a setlist that can please the majority of audiences = guaranteed success.

I'm not here claiming that I have authority over Madonna or that she owes me nor that I expect her to prove anything, because singing and performing is a job not a proof of anything, but it's a suggestion that I think can be something that most fans will love and will be this legendary high note where Madonna leaves with a bang.

I agree with you i think would be an amazing show of it was a greatest hits/farewell tour you have inspired me to now make a tour set list on this that I'll post on this page I'd like to see what everyone else would do that includes you rino

13 hours ago, louis.exe said:

I agree with you i think would be an amazing show of it was a greatest hits/farewell tour you have inspired me to now make a tour set list on this that I'll post on this page I'd like to see what everyone else would do that includes you rino

That's lovely to hear, Louis. I'll do my best to work on one soon and share it in the setlists thread or here maybe and I look forward to seeing yours *hugs* 

On 10/9/2019 at 10:15 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

That's lovely to hear, Louis. I'll do my best to work on one soon and share it in the setlists thread or here maybe and I look forward to seeing yours *hugs* 

Thank you

set list

ACT 1 New York City
01.Overture(Intro)
02.Vogue
03.Material Girl
04.American Life
05.Die Another Day/Girl Gone Wild/Give It 2 Me
06.Borderline

ACT 2 Carnival
07.Justify My Love(Interlude)
08.Erotica/Deeper And Deeper
09.Like a Virgin
10.Human Nature
11.Express Yourself
12.Open Your Heart

ACT 3 Church
13.I Rise(Interlude)
14.Like a Prayer
15.Live To Tell
16.Frozen/Love Don't Live Here Anymore
17.Papa Don't Preach
18.Living For Love
19.Ray Of Light

ACT 4 Flamenco
20.You Must Love Me/Don't Cry For Me Argentina(Interlude)
21.La Isla Bonita/Who's That Girl
22.Don't Tell Me
23.Medellin
24.Take a Bow/You'll See

ACT 5 Deep Space
25.Celebration/Bitch I'm Madonna(Interlude)
26.4 Minutes
27.Lucky Star
28.Into The Groove/Causing a Commotion
29.Music
30.Hung Up

ENCORE
31.Holiday/Everybody

46 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

Thank you

set list

ACT 1 New York City
01.Overture(Intro)
02.Vogue
03.Material Girl
04.American Life
05.Die Another Day/Girl Gone Wild/Give It 2 Me
06.Borderline

ACT 2 Carnival
07.Justify My Love(Interlude)
08.Erotica/Deeper And Deeper
09.Like a Virgin
10.Human Nature
11.Express Yourself
12.Open Your Heart

ACT 3 Church
13.I Rise(Interlude)
14.Like a Prayer
15.Live To Tell
16.Frozen/Love Don't Live Here Anymore
17.Papa Don't Preach
18.Living For Love
19.Ray Of Light

ACT 4 Flamenco
20.You Must Love Me/Don't Cry For Me Argentina(Interlude)
21.La Isla Bonita/Who's That Girl
22.Don't Tell Me
23.Medellin
24.Take a Bow/You'll See

ACT 5 Deep Space
25.Celebration/Bitch I'm Madonna(Interlude)
26.4 Minutes
27.Lucky Star
28.Into The Groove/Causing a Commotion
29.Music
30.Hung Up

ENCORE
31.Holiday/Everybody

What a dream it would be!!  Lovesss??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Hello, totally new here and since I love talking about Madonna’s tours the most I thought I’d start here!

Personally, I would love a greatest hits tour from Madonna and I do think it is long overdue. If the tour is promoted well and tickets are sold at a reasonable price she could make even break the Sticky & Sweet Tour record. I would love it if she either did a big production stadium tour to break her S&S record OR a big production but more intimate arena tour in the vein of RHT. Either of those scenarios I would be very happy with, on the condition that the tour does contain some rarer singles such as Angel, Rescue Me, I’ll Remember, Nothing Really Matters etc. I would love it if she got Stuart Price to rework the songs or if she got a live band again like she did on The Girlie Show World Tour.

I do hope she’ll come round to the idea of some sort of Immaculate World Tour one day, however she really leaves me questioning what’s next after the Madame X Tour. As much as I love the idea of a theatre tour, I do hope she will give us at least one more arena or stadium tour. madonna GIF

50 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Hello, totally new here and since I love talking about Madonna’s tours the most I thought I’d start here!

Personally, I would love a greatest hits tour from Madonna and I do think it is long overdue. If the tour is promoted well and tickets are sold at a reasonable price she could make even break the Sticky & Sweet Tour record. I would love it if she either did a big production stadium tour to break her S&S record OR a big production but more intimate arena tour in the vein of RHT. Either of those scenarios I would be very happy with, on the condition that the tour does contain some rarer singles such as Angel, Rescue Me, I’ll Remember, Nothing Really Matters etc. I would love it if she got Stuart Price to rework the songs or if she got a live band again like she did on The Girlie Show World Tour.

I do hope she’ll come round to the idea of some sort of Immaculate World Tour one day, however she really leaves me questioning what’s next after the Madame X Tour. As much as I love the idea of a theatre tour, I do hope she will give us at least one more arena or stadium tour. madonna GIF

I agree. I would loveeee this too. What I'd give to have Stuart involved in some way.  

And Welcome! I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on everything!!