Madame X Tour - refund or not

truerebel

Would you rather get a refund?  

40 members voted

1. 1. Would you rather get a refund?

• Absolutely! I'm done with her disrespect
    • No way! I'm willing to wait until her madgesty is ready

In light of all the meltdowns (justifiable, I must add) from her late start every night so far; would you rather have your ticket refunded at this point? I for one would absolutely take my money back, rather than sitting in a theatre having to wait over 2.5 hours for her to "decide" when she's ready to take the stage. I am done with her disrespect and unprofessionalism towards her fans!!!

10 minutes ago, truerebel said:

In light of all the meltdowns (justifiable, I must add) from her late start every night so far; would you rather have your ticket refunded at this point? I for one would absolutely take my money back, rather than sitting in a theatre having to wait over 2.5 hours for her to "decide" when she's ready to take the stage. I am done with her disrespect and unprofessionalism towards her fans!!!

I agree that her flippant attitude on getting on stage in a timely manner is unprofessional.  With that in mind, I think many fans have just come to expect and plan she'll be late. It's unfortunate though, I'm a huge defender of Madonna, but it is getting harder and harder for me to justify and defend it.  As I've mentioned in a previous thread, it's not just the fans attending who is being affected.  The crew and theater workers end up having to work later than they expected.  This could affect life at home very easily, especially if they might have children or have to be up earlier in the morning for another job or school.  It also causes transportation issues.  It's easy to say, "oh, it's just one night out of your life" or "it's worth it", and that might be fine for some fans, but her lateness is not just one night to those theater workers and the crew.  In fact, there isn't even a set time to expect her to take the stage, so they can't even be sure to informed their loved ones at home, from night to night what time to expect them to be home, or have proper arrangements for transportation. If they are paying for child care, that's additional money out of their pocket.  And what about those people who are babysitting?  Many might be high school aged students, who may have a curfew or have an early morning.  Even more, some theater owners might not appreciate they have to pay their employees longer to work. 

So yeah, it might not be a big deal for some fans, but from night to night, you can't even gauge when she'll take the stage and I'm betting if Madonna was being left waiting for someone as long as she makes people wait for her to arrive on stage, she'd be upset and might not stick around. 

Her lateness is unprofessional and irritating, but its not like we didn't expect it. She's pretty famous for her lateness... she has actually been late to the stage every time I have seen her live. It's annoying, but we expect it now. I don't think it's enough to warrant a refund... unless such lateness will affect one's ability to travel away from the venue after the show

41 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Her lateness is unprofessional and irritating, but its not like we didn't expect it. She's pretty famous for her lateness... she has actually been late to the stage every time I have seen her live. It's annoying, but we expect it now. I don't think it's enough to warrant a refund... unless such lateness will affect one's ability to travel away from the venue after the show

when your original advertised start time is 8:30PM, the public chose to attend base on such; people have families, plans and obligations. When the was a reason to be tardy (injured dancer) during a show, it was understood and very few complained. When you blatantly disregard those who've made arrangements to come to your show and planned around a certain start tine EVERY single night; it is you to blame. Her problem is that she can't sleep until 4AM and can't function until after 10PM, so everyone else suffers. There is zero considerations to her fans. 

1 minute ago, truerebel said:

when your original advertised start time is 8:30PM, the public chose to attend base on such; people have families, plans and obligations. When the was a reason to be tardy (injured dancer) during a show, it was understood and very few complained. When you blatantly disregard those who've made arrangements to come to your show and planned around a certain start tine EVERY single night; it is you to blame. Her problem is that she can't sleep until 4AM and can't function until after 10PM, so everyone else suffers. There is zero considerations to her fans. 

Oh, I totally agree. Her lateness is pretty much the highest level of unprofessional behaviour. But the thing is, we know she is like this.... she is ALWAYS late.... sometimes so late that she has to trim her show. But what we can do is to make the necessary plans and arrangements in case the inevitable happens. Her lateness has always irritated me. Just standing in the arena/stadium looking at that empty stage is incredibly frustrating. Madonna really does need to pay her fans more care.... especially as so many are spending THOUSANDS to have the opportunity to see her show

1 hour ago, mark perry said:

and how does one get a refund , i am not going to get a refund she is worth the wait for me but how does one get a refund 

When she wasn't going on for the earlier shows, people were given notices when they walked out with the information on which department to speak with at Ticketmaster.  People are clearly being given refunds.

20 minutes ago, truerebel said:

think she wakes at 11 am ....i dont know what she does backstage i would love to know 

11 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

When she wasn't going on for the earlier shows, people were given notices when they walked out with the information on which department to speak with at Ticketmaster.  People are clearly being given refunds.

with most of your posts i want to see the receipts giphy.gif

does anybody or has any fan been given a full refund due to walking out of the show or leaving early ? you might be able to apply for a refund but you getting a full refund is not always going to be the case for eg ...some walked out because it was too political ...they dont deserve refunds they derserve a reality check - does the ticketmaster provider offer anything on website about a show starting late etc etc ...digitalfreakNYC get researching because as far as im aware you do not get refunds for late starts to a show 

Refunds are available if your event is postponed, rescheduled or canceled.*

43 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Oh, I totally agree. Her lateness is pretty much the highest level of unprofessional behaviour. But the thing is, we know she is like this.... she is ALWAYS late.... sometimes so late that she has to trim her show. But what we can do is to make the necessary plans and arrangements in case the inevitable happens. Her lateness has always irritated me. Just standing in the arena/stadium looking at that empty stage is incredibly frustrating. Madonna really does need to pay her fans more care.... especially as so many are spending THOUSANDS to have the opportunity to see her show

The problem I have with this part of your response is that it's a blinded excuse.  I understand you don't agree with her being late and find it "unprofessional", but there are many who just accept it or tell others who do to "stop whining" or whatever when this is a legit complaint.  Like you mentioned; many are "spending THOUSANDS" to see her.  So we should expect her to come out in a timely fashion and not make people wait.  It's one thing to come out 10 to 15 minutes late, but to come out nearly two hours late every night is ridiculous.  Even for those who accept it, can't be sure to know when she'll take stage and make proper arrangements to get home or any other responsibility that may be awaiting at home.  They really can't take the chance of just showing up later because by doing so, their luck, she'll take the stage on time or earlier than she's been going on, and they will miss much of the show.  They can't really make plans afterwards or arrange proper transportation at a designated time or gauge what time they'll be home.

This shouldn't be the the ticket holders problem. The plain truth of the matter is; they shouldn't be left waiting for her to take the stage.  What people should really do is just not even go, and continue to be very vocal about her tardiness. Though, that won't happen since so many fans are too complacent to her lateness and believe they should revolve their schedule around hers.  That's just wrong!  "Everyone knows the damn truth!"  Yes, she's a great entertainer, but if you left her waiting for two hours, she'd leave and not look back.  I don't agree that we should "accept it".   People should continue to voice their concerns and yes, stop going to her concerts until she gets the message loud and clear.

Again, I know you expressed that she shouldn't be late, and didn't necessarily say people should just "accept it", but for us to just work around her schedule is totally wrong and not acceptable. 

Edited by Mark Collins (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

The problem I have with this part of your response is that it's a blinded excuse.  I understand you don't agree with her being late and find it "unprofessional", but there are many who just accept it or tell others who do to "stop whining" or whatever when this is a legit complaint.  Like you mentioned; many are "spending THOUSANDS" to see her.  So we should expect her to come out in a timely fashion and not make people wait.  It's one thing to come out 10 to 15 minutes late, but to come out nearly two hours late every night is ridiculous.  Even for those who accept it, can't be sure to know when she'll take stage and make proper arrangements to get home or any other responsibility that may be awaiting at home.  They really can't take the chance of just showing up later because by doing so, their luck, she'll take the stage on time or earlier than she's been going on, and they will miss much of the show.  They can't really make plans afterwards or arrange proper transportation at a designated time or gauge what time they'll be home.

This shouldn't be the the ticket holders problem. They plain truth of the matter is; they shouldn't be left waiting for her to take the stage.  What people should really do is just not even go, and continue to be very vocal about her tardiness. Though, that won't happen since so many fans are too complacent to her lateness and believe they should revolve their schedule around hers.  That's just wrong!  "We all know the damn truth!"  Yes, she's a great entertainer, but if you left her waiting for two hours, she'd leave and not look back.  I don't agree that we should "accept it".   

It wasn't meant as an excuse. I mean, well, when paying for your Madonna tickets, you are doing so knowing full well that she is very likely to be late... for whatever reason, because she almost always is late... it shouldn't come as any surprise. In doing so, it's wise to prepare for that eventuality should it arise. Fans have always brought up this issue on social media, and in the times that Madonna has seen this, she has pretty much brushed it off as  just whiny fans... so we know, Madonna very likely has no intention of changing matters. It is ridiculous... ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, but what can the fans do other than just not buy tickets. 

33 minutes ago, mark perry said:

with most of your posts i want to see the receipts giphy.gif

does anybody or has any fan been given a full refund due to walking out of the show or leaving early ? you might be able to apply for a refund but you getting a full refund is not always going to be the case for eg ...some walked out because it was too political ...they dont deserve refunds they derserve a reality check - does the ticketmaster provider offer anything on website about a show starting late etc etc ...digitalfreakNYC get researching because as far as im aware you do not get refunds for late starts to a show 

Refunds are available if your event is postponed, rescheduled or canceled.*

I dunno what receipts you want.  I know people who left before the show started opening night and were given info on how to get refunds. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

This shouldn't be the the ticket holders problem. The plain truth of the matter is; they shouldn't be left waiting for her to take the stage.  What people should really do is just not even go, and continue to be very vocal about her tardiness. Though, that won't happen since so many fans are too complacent to her lateness and believe they should revolve their schedule around hers.  That's just wrong!  "Everyone knows the damn truth!"  Yes, she's a great entertainer, but if you left her waiting for two hours, she'd leave and not look back.  I don't agree that we should "accept it".   People should continue to voice their concerns and yes, stop going to her concerts until she gets the message loud and clear.

Again, I know you expressed that she shouldn't be late, and didn't necessarily say people should just "accept it", but for us to just work around her schedule is totally wrong and not acceptable. 

if people stop going to her concerts she just wont tour lol ..shes not going to give in to a protest like that is she ...if her manager cant get her to go on stage on time her fans wont be able to ..she ranted about it on the rebel heart tour called people the late police ....her attitude is ..if you dont like it dont come to my show 

Just now, mark perry said:

if people stop going to her concerts she just wont tour lol ..shes not going to give in to a protest like that is she ...if her manager cant get her to go on stage on time her fans wont be able to ..she ranted about it on the rebel heart tour called people the late police ....her attitude is ..if you dont like it dont come to my show 

And that's exactly what's happening.  Not a problem, girl. 

Just now, PWCCA said:

It wasn't meant as an excuse. I mean, well, when paying for your Madonna tickets, you are doing so knowing full well that she is very likely to be late... for whatever reason, because she almost always is late... it shouldn't come as any surprise. In doing so, it's wise to prepare for that eventuality should it arise. Fans have always brought up this issue on social media, and in the times that Madonna has seen this, she has pretty much brushed it off as  just whiny fans... so we know, Madonna very likely has no intention of changing matters. It is ridiculous... ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, but what can the fans do other than just not buy tickets. 

Again, I know you don't agree with her tardiness, so my comments weren't aimed at you specifically, but you know as much as I do that there are fans who accept it and tell others to just "shut up and stop whining about it".  To me, this is inconsiderate and blind adoration.  Ordinarily, I'm all for "blind adoration" for Madonna (LOL!) as I'm usually her biggest defender. But this is one issue I don't accept, especially when she's demanding people not to bring cameras (which I don't have an issue with) and calling people out to "respect" her when she can't respect her own fans to get on stage in a timely fashion. 

Eventually, this will catch up to her because right now she has her biggest fans who are willing to wait around for her, but this will eventually back fire because more and more people such as myself will not go to her shows because we don't want to be left waiting.  It does make me sad because it's like she's sabotaging her touring career.

1 minute ago, Mark Collins said:

Again, I know you don't agree with her tardiness, so my comments weren't aimed at you specifically, but you know as much as I do that there are fans who accept it and tell others to just "shut up and stop whining about it".  To me, this is inconsiderate and blind adoration.  Ordinarily, I'm all for "blind adoration" for Madonna (LOL!) as I'm usually her biggest defender. But this is one issue I don't accept, especially when she's demanding people not to bring cameras (which I don't have an issue with) and calling people out to "respect" her when she can't respect her own fans to get on stage in a timely fashion. 

Eventually, this will catch up to her because right now she has her biggest fans who are willing to wait around for her, but this will eventually back fire because more and more people such as myself will not go to her shows because we don't want to be left waiting.  It does make me sad because it's like she's sabotaging her touring career.

Oh it will catch her up, but when? Here's hoping that things improve by the time she reaches Europe

7 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

catch up to her and do what ? make her homeless lol ..what will happen ..what makes you think she is ever going to tour in a arena again ....we cant blackmail madonna ..she is often late on tour she was late on her reinvention tour and she went on to do the biggest grossing tour ever for a female after this tour ..its not like she cant afford her bills is it ...shes not going to bend over for fans who moan at her about her lateness ...ask yourself the question "when has madonna ever done what her fans want her to do " 

Just now, PWCCA said:

Oh it will catch her up, but when? Here's hoping that things improve by the time she reaches Europe

I hate to wish such, but it will eventually because it's already keeping die hard fans like me in attending. This will be my first tour I won't be going to due to the fact I have to travel far to see her and I don't have the finances now to see her.  The lateness is just the topping on the cake. 

And thank you for your respectful replies.  The conversations in between us are going off the rails.  LOL!

2 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I hate to wish such, but it will eventually because it's already keeping die hard fans like me in attending. This will be my first tour I won't be going to due to the fact I have to travel far to see her and I don't have the finances now to see her.  The lateness is just the topping on the cake. 

And thank you for your respectful replies.  The conversations in between us are going off the rails.  LOL!

what makes you think she will ever tour again ? her touring contract is over 

Just now, Mark Collins said:

Haha, I stopped seeing her a few tours ago.... the lateness being only part of the reason. I was considering seeing the Madame X shows, but then I just reflected.... is she really worth 2-4 months rent? lol

Thank you also. There are those in here who just love the drama. It's totally ok to disagree on matters, its not ok to behave like childish cu*ts in doing so. But such is the internet I guess. LOL. Its nice to meet you Mark :cute: