Madame X Tour - refund or not

truerebel

Would you rather get a refund?  

40 members voted

1. 1. Would you rather get a refund?

• Absolutely! I'm done with her disrespect
    • No way! I'm willing to wait until her madgesty is ready

1 minute ago, PWCCA said:

Haha, I stopped seeing her a few tours ago.... the lateness being only part of the reason. I was considering seeing the Madame X shows, but then I just reflected.... is she really worth 2-4 months rent? lol

Thank you also. There are those in here who just love the drama. It's totally ok to disagree on matters, its not ok to behave like childish cu*ts in doing so. But such is the internet I guess. LOL. Its nice to meet you Mark :cute:

Yes I totally agree. It seems some like to bash at the keys quoting and responding to things never even brought up! .  LOL!

4 hours ago, mark perry said:

this topic is irrelevant because i dont even think you can be given refunds for lateness but dont quote me on that im not too sure she would be pretty stupid if you could get refunds and her touring company would kick her ass and possibly even sue her 

Not sure, I know in QLD Australia many demanded refunds for Rebel Heart for her lateness and got it. But that was a big group of people who were pretty angry and I think they refunded just to deal with the complaints. I'm going on news reports, I don't know anyone personally who asked for and got a refund.

I would assume if you buy something and you are not given what you were sold, then you can probably request a refund, it would most likely be at the discretion of those in charge to decide, not something that was automatic.

I'm not sure Live Nation could sue her, unless she had a specific start time written into her contract. I doubt the refunds are large enough for them to care, she is charging mega bucks for a pretty low budget show (compared to her previous shows). Best they could do is refuse to partner with her again if they didn't think the revenue she brought in was worth the cost.

5 hours ago, mark perry said:

but its not happening people are still going to her show ...so whatever 

I think the other factor is the venues. Do they think she is worth it? A theatre is not as financially stable as an arena, having to pay possible penalty rates to employees who are on shift later then intended would be costly, plus the reputation of the venue is an issue too. I am not sure if the theatres would be be able to fine Madonna and recoup the cost. It would depend on whether the venues see the revenue vs cost as worth it.

If you looked at ticket sales for Rebel Heart, they were sluggish, she definitely did not get highest grossing touring act for that show. In fact she was 16th according to Forbes. She had trouble selling out more than one night in big cities where she had never had an issue before. It seemed weekend shows were fine, but mid-week shows were not selling as well and as fast. There were also big gaps in certain spots where normally multiple shows would have been added in the past.

The cynic in me (and I feel you might disagree) feels that she saw the writing on the wall for Rebel Heart. TOAC was put together at the very end of the tour and she began building this narrative that she wanted to do smaller more intimate shows and change the way she toured. It was pretty obvious she was going to do a TOAC style show next time she went out. But I wonder how much of this was spin, as she knew she was going to have a hard time selling arenas again. It basically covers her ass, so it looks like a creative choice. But that is just the cynic in me. Not looking for an arguement, just my cynical opinion here, not sure I 100% believe this.

I'm not a 90 years old  that has to be in bed by 8pm so it's not a freaking tragedy if I'm staying out late for ONE night to enjoy a Madonna show, I treat this like a real huge party, as it's not every day that I afford to see her. I know there is a possibility she will be late and so I plan accordingly.

It depends on the rescheduled date and my circumstances at the time. I would most definitely still want to attend the show, but if say for example the new date is one that I absolutely cannot make it on, then I'll get a refund. Also if I managed to find a better ticket elsewhere then I will use the refunded cost to book the other.

15 hours ago, truerebel said:

In light of all the meltdowns (justifiable, I must add) from her late start every night so far; would you rather have your ticket refunded at this point? I for one would absolutely take my money back, rather than sitting in a theatre having to wait over 2.5 hours for her to "decide" when she's ready to take the stage. I am done with her disrespect and unprofessionalism towards her fans!!!

Do you even have a ticket to her show? lol it's hilarious how it's always the people that don't have tickets and were clearly not even planning to see the show that are complaining the most and want "refunds", for a show that they're not attending lmao.

Edited by IconicQueen (see edit history)

8 hours ago, scion said:

At the end of the day, if the rest of us turned up three hours late to work, what would the repercussion be?

Madonna isn't like the rest of us. If there were serious consequences she wouldn't do it. She clearly does not care. I'm not saying its right but its obvious it won't change.

At the end of the day she's one of the biggest music legends in history and when she's gone people will be bragging that they got to see her in a theatre.

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It depends on the rescheduled date and my circumstances at the time. I would most definitely still want to attend the show, but if say for example the new date is one that I absolutely cannot make it on, then I'll get a refund. Also if I managed to find a better ticket elsewhere then I will use the refunded cost to book the other.

This topic is about her starting the show "late" though, not about the rescheduled dates:)

9 hours ago, scion said:

At the end of the day, if the rest of us turned up three hours late to work, what would the repercussion be?

If you worked in a job in which you provided a service, you’d certainly either instantly lose custom (like M has), or lose any chance of a recommendation. 

Yeah, but that's in the Real World which Madonna no longer lives in. She left around 2008. :Madonna008:

1 hour ago, L-U-V said:

This topic is about her starting the show "late" though, not about the rescheduled dates:)

That I don’t mind. Like what I want is for them to allow phones so we can pass the time with something, if she’s only late, I will still go. Of course I wish she was on time, but I doubt that’s ever gonna happen, until she’s no longer surrounded by yes-people and elastic rules and timeframes. 

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

That I don’t mind. Like what I want is for them to allow phones so we can pass the time with something, if she’s only late, I will still go. Of course I wish she was on time, but I doubt that’s ever gonna happen, until she’s no longer surrounded by yes-people and elastic rules and timeframes. 

Can't you drink and socialize? What a wonderful time to meet other fans!

18 hours ago, mark perry said:

if people stop going to her concerts she just wont tour lol ..shes not going to give in to a protest like that is she ...if her manager cant get her to go on stage on time her fans wont be able to ..she ranted about it on the rebel heart tour called people the late police ....her attitude is ..if you dont like it dont come to my show 

...And that's why I don't come to her damn late shows anymore... and for her behaviour, and for her disrespect, and for her "playback" and for... I mean you know... :eyesroll:

2 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Can't you drink and socialize? What a wonderful time to meet other fans!

I wouldn't wanna meet most of the people here ddddddddd

Yeah, her being late is horrible. If the time on the tickets were 10, she would come out at midnight. It's a power move, maybe? To get people hyped, in some weird rockstar fantasy? Make them crave you more and all that?

41 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I wouldn't wanna meet most of the people here ddddddddd

Yeah, her being late is horrible. If the time on the tickets were 10, she would come out at midnight. It's a power move, maybe? To get people hyped, in some weird rockstar fantasy? Make them crave you more and all that?

I met one of my good friends on a Madonna forum. I’ve also met new people at concerts and had lots of fun. Not all Madonna fans are weirdos ?

Madonna clearly knows these late starts are an issue for a lot of people and has made it clear she doesn’t care. She is a night owl these days and this is what suits her. She’s always been arrogant in a lot of ways so it’s not that surprising to me she’s getting worse with age as she becomes more eccentric. She’s in a position where she can do whatever she wants and everyone has to suck it up unfortunately. It doesn’t really effect me personally so I’m not too bothered about it. I do empathize with those who are but there’s nothing that can be done.

I would/will not get a refund, but... I am so glad that I managed to get good tickets for a Saturday show in London. If it was a week and she showed up at 11pm etc, then with work I literally could not do that.

With the Saturday show, I was hoping that I could go out on the town for a few post-show drinks. Sure, I could now maybe do that before the show - but then I'd be stressed about showing up late thinking that I might miss the start of the show.

Of course, I will wait... and wait... and wait... as a patient happy fan. I only hope that when M finally does take to the stage she is not in a pissy mood if other people are not as understanding as me. That would sincerely disappoint me on top of the tardiness. I'd be really sad if it became one of 'those' shows.