Madame X Tour - refund or not

truerebel

Would you rather get a refund?  

40 members voted

1. 1. Would you rather get a refund?

• Absolutely! I'm done with her disrespect
    • No way! I'm willing to wait until her madgesty is ready

4 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Can't you drink and socialize? What a wonderful time to meet other fans!

I don’t drink, and I’m not very big on making friends. I can appreciate socializing but it’s definitely not something I’d do for 2-3 hours. Maybe you feel differently about it, but I’m just me, that’s all I can be. 

22 hours ago, mark perry said:

this topic is irrelevant because i dont even think you can be given refunds for lateness but dont quote me on that im not too sure she would be pretty stupid if you could get refunds and her touring company would kick her ass and possibly even sue her 

These will be the same people who 'bought' Donna Summer's It's Only Love 'single' :thinker:

I worked on a train once selling crap to eat 'n' drink once long ago.
By Law in the UK 'if' a train runs past it's allotted time people expect Something.
Half an hour = it's a drink, an hour = it's a sandwich too.
I only found out 'coz Some Angry Types started squawking after they were put off a train to let a freight one 'pass'.
I g u e s s it might be similar for concerts....there must be some legal amount of time.....b4 you can say it's a no-show, literally ?

I'm sure it IS 'technically' possible....

52 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I don’t drink, and I’m not very big on making friends. I can appreciate socializing but it’s definitely not something I’d do for 2-3 hours. Maybe you feel differently about it, but I’m just me, that’s all I can be. 

Fair enough. While I wait for Madonna I will be working the room flirting with cute French guys. I hope 3 hours is enough time... That’s just me ?

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Judging from the way that people behave on Madonna forums, I don't blame you ;) :) :)

2 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Fair enough. While I wait for Madonna I will be working the room flirting with cute French guys. I hope 3 hours is enough time... That’s just me ?

Have fun haha!

41 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Judging from the way that people behave on Madonna forums, I don't blame you ;) :) :)

Nailed it ? cheers!

When I attended the NY show on 9/22 by myself, I did expect her to be late...So, on 9/24 when I saw it with a friend who had also traveled halfway across the country (as I also did) why she goes on so late, as a first-time M concertgoer, he was a little confused with my non-answer... I just said "she always goes on late." 
When I said the late starts were getting old to a group of other fans we were talking to in the lobby, one of them started making excuses for her, like: "she's the queen! she can do what she wants!" followed by a bitchy "well, any FAN knows by now it'll be a late night." Etc. So after explaining that that show was my 22nd Madonna concert I've attended since Blond Ambition, he just started making more shitty comments and excuses for, as he kept reiterating, "the Queen." 

I'm 43yrs old, and I've been a fan since 1983 when I was 7yrs old. Obviously I'm not mad at her, because it's just part of the deal at this point for me, but a fan for any length of time has the right to be irritated or angry at this lack of regard for their time; whether they travel across town, across the country, or across an ocean. I wouldn't question anyone's request for a refund if they aren't willing to wait it out till she decides to start her show.

MadameX theatre is very much like a Madonna concert in that respect, however she likes to define this show. 

6 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

When I attended the NY show on 9/22 by myself, I did expect her to be late...So, on 9/24 when I saw it with a friend who had also traveled halfway across the country (as I also did) why she goes on so late, as a first-time M concertgoer, he was a little confused with my non-answer... I just said "she always goes on late." 
When I said the late starts were getting old to a group of other fans we were talking to in the lobby, one of them started making excuses for her, like: "she's the queen! she can do what she wants!" followed by a bitchy "well, any FAN knows by now it'll be a late night." Etc. So after explaining that that show was my 22nd Madonna concert I've attended since Blond Ambition, he just started making more shitty comments and excuses for, as he kept reiterating, "the Queen." 

I'm 43yrs old, and I've been a fan since 1983 when I was 7yrs old. Obviously I'm not mad at her, because it's just part of the deal at this point for me, but a fan for any length of time has the right to be irritated or angry at this lack of regard for their time; whether they travel across town, across the country, or across an ocean. I wouldn't question anyone's request for a refund if they aren't willing to wait it out till she decides to start her show.

MadameX theatre is very much like a Madonna concert in that respect, however she likes to define this show. 

??????????????????

As an adult , I'd be questioning the mentality of a fully grown man that seriously refers to a singer as 'The Queen' with any degree of actual seriousness, and would probably question their self respect if they thought it was okay to have their time wasted by a singer who simply cant be arsed to do what more or less every other artist in the touring game does... which is get on stage on time.

I'll be buying my tickets the days before the show. If the lateness continues in the UK (which I doubt it will to the same extent), I won't be buying a ticket.

I just read that the Chicago and San Francisco date/s have been postponed now as well.  I wonder if she'd be able to take a few months off to heal and then start up again. Who knows if we know the entire story, in just how serious her knee injury is. I'm sure doctors have told her the truth about recovery and what to do. 

On 10/7/2019 at 12:36 PM, THE ROSE MIST said:

Madonna isn't like the rest of us. If there were serious consequences she wouldn't do it. She clearly does not care. I'm not saying its right but its obvious it won't change.

At the end of the day she's one of the biggest music legends in history and when she's gone people will be bragging that they got to see her in a theatre.

Well...

4 hours ago, scion said:

As an adult , I'd be questioning the mentality of a fully grown man that seriously refers to a singer as 'The Queen' with any degree of actual seriousness, and would probably question their self respect if they thought it was okay to have their time wasted by a singer who simply cant be arsed to do what more or less every other artist in the touring game does... which is get on stage on time.

There are loads of people that have waited days in the cold to see her. Or travelled across continents. Or spent thousands on her. I don’t know what ticket you had but some people would probably question your mentality for paying the price you did for a ticket. Or for discussing her on forums day in day out. Its really a personal choice what you think she’s worth or how much time/money you want to dedicate.

I do find it strange that people defend her so blindly, it is hard to defend these late starts as she really has no excuse. I doubt they truly mean what they’re saying and are just blinded by their fandom. As I’ve said I’m not personally effected by it but I do empathize with casual fans especially because if I went to see some other show and it started that late I’d be very irritated and impatient. I am just glad this show isn’t general admission because that would be tedious not being able to leave your spot. 

did anybody even find out if you can get a refund if the show is late ...i mean id take that digitalnycwhatshisface word for it but i will pass on that lol ...i know you can apply for a refund but lets say somebody walks out while her band are performing before she comes on etc isnt that part of the show 

1 hour ago, mark perry said:

did anybody even find out if you can get a refund if the show is late ...i mean id take that digitalnycwhatshisface word for it but i will pass on that lol ...i know you can apply for a refund but lets say somebody walks out while her band are performing before she comes on etc isnt that part of the show 

I don’t believe for a moment ticketmaster will be giving refunds out that easily. Im pretty sure it would have to be agreed to by Live Nation as they will be the ones copping the bill. I’m not saying they won’t do it but the last thing they’d want is for word to get out that it’s a given thing. It’s very rare for any event to offer that without extreme circumstances, it’s basically a last resort. They’d sooner invite you back to a second show, maybe a VIP upgrade or extra merch if you really push for it. Something that won’t cost them much.

Im not saying people are lying, I’m sure they were given a number to call but that doesn’t mean much. It means you’ve got a phone number to call and complain to someone about it ?

18 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

By the way, I've noticed that Ticketmaster and the venues now say 10:30 for the start time, so she's only 30 minutes late now...

I'm glad they did this.  This means; some fans can rest assure that if they come later, that they won't miss anything.