Madame X Tour - refund or not

truerebel

Would you rather get a refund?  

40 members voted

1. 1. Would you rather get a refund?

• Absolutely! I'm done with her disrespect
    • No way! I'm willing to wait until her madgesty is ready

12 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I'm glad they did this.  This means; some fans can rest assure that if they come later, that they won't miss anything. 

Right now this is only showing for Chicago, but I'm sure other cities will be changed as well. Personally, as someone who will be in Chicago next week, I'm thrilled to know that I don't need to show up at 9:30 just in case she happens to be on time for once! HAHA!

The venues should just tell her that her shows will start at 6:30pm, then maybe she will be onstage at 8:30pm? 

I defend her a lot too but as someone who relies on public transportation it irritates me that she goes on so late. I am not getting a driver and a limo back to where I sleep.

Like someone said above, it affects a lot of other people too. 

Listen, my family knows that if they want me to be ready at 8:00 they need to tell me to be ready at 7:30. I am not one for being on time but damn...2 hours late? Thousands of people coming to see me. 

I wonder if she is tired of touring? As a person who is frequently late, it is usually because deep down I do not want to go to where I am going when I'm late. I am just speculating. I have no idea what her reason is but it is annoying. 

The last time I had to take an eventful bus ride on a very long route in the city because the trains stop running here around midnight. After getting off the bus that took an hour I had to walk 10 blocks to get home. I could have called a taxi but it annoyed me to pay a high fare when I could have taken my usual train if she had started the show on time. I was stubborn. 

It has nothing to do with her being worth it or not. I resent the sometimes nonsense you have to put up with looking for a way home in the city at 1am. I love her. I resent being put into that inconvience though. 

I wouldn't ask for a refund but I would like an explanation. 

14 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

The venues should just tell her that her shows will start at 6:30pm, then maybe she will be onstage at 8:30pm? 

I defend her a lot too but as someone who relies on public transportation it irritates me that she goes on so late. I am not getting a driver and a limo back to where I sleep.

Like someone said above, it affects a lot of other people too. 

Listen, my family knows that if they want me to be ready at 8:00 they need to tell me to be ready at 7:30. I am not one for being on time but damn...2 hours late? Thousands of people coming to see me. 

I wonder if she is tired of touring? As a person who is frequently late, it is usually because deep down I do not want to go to where I am going when I'm late. I am just speculating. I have no idea what her reason is but it is annoying. 

The last time I had to take an eventful bus ride on a very long route in the city because the trains stop running here around midnight. After getting off the bus that took an hour I had to walk 10 blocks to get home. I could have called a taxi but it annoyed me to pay a high fare when I could have taken my usual train if she had started the show on time. I was stubborn. 

It has nothing to do with her being worth it or not. I resent the sometimes nonsense you have to put up with looking for a way home in the city at 1am. I love her. I resent being put into that inconvience though. 

I wouldn't ask for a refund but I would like an explanation. 

Couldn't agree more. I mean maybe a stadium or an arena tour would require a lot of time to prepare since they're moving the set from one place to another and setting it up..etc. and then rehearsing and using the equipment, but what does she need to do with a theater that makes her take so much time? do they have to rehearse before the show even if they just did the exact same show last night? Also what is the thing that they're doing every single night that makes them appear no earlier than 11:00 PM?

Many rely on public transport or need to catch a train to get to their city and may not afford a hotel and also even if you wanna get an Uber, Ubers can't handle 2000 after 01:00 AM. I don't want a refund but as you said, an explanation at least and an improvement, because it feels rather selfish at this point. Fans are expected not only to prepare a whole budget for just 2 hours of a show on top of the ticket price itself, and even then you could be faced with suddenly cancellation or hours of delays.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

what does she need to do with a theater that makes her take so much time? do they have to rehearse before the show even if they just did the exact same show last night? Also what is the thing that they're doing every single night that makes them appear no earlier than 11:00 PM?

She doesn’t need to do anything. There’s no reason for it, she just chooses to come on late. If there was an actual excuse they’d give one.

5 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

She doesn’t need to do anything. There’s no reason for it, she just chooses to come on late. If there was an actual excuse they’d give one.

That's a shame then. Perhaps they should make that information official before they start selling ticket next time, if there is a next time. Because they don't get to tell people to obey phone ban laws when they don't even bother writing accurate information about show start times and to abide by the times specified BEFORE ticket sales.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:23 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Couldn't agree more. I mean maybe a stadium or an arena tour would require a lot of time to prepare since they're moving the set from one place to another and setting it up..etc. and then rehearsing and using the equipment, but what does she need to do with a theater that makes her take so much time? do they have to rehearse before the show even if they just did the exact same show last night? Also what is the thing that they're doing every single night that makes them appear no earlier than 11:00 PM?

Many rely on public transport or need to catch a train to get to their city and may not afford a hotel and also even if you wanna get an Uber, Ubers can't handle 2000 after 01:00 AM. I don't want a refund but as you said, an explanation at least and an improvement, because it feels rather selfish at this point. Fans are expected not only to prepare a whole budget for just 2 hours of a show on top of the ticket price itself, and even then you could be faced with suddenly cancellation or hours of delays.

It really has me stumped. I am a staunch defender of her artistic choices and her personal choices (although I am critical of her love life)...but I "usually" just stay silent on that because it doesn't affect my life. 

I even get giving people who are not very nice a hard time;  but why give people who love you a hard time? I don't think she ever really did that before. I am not a rebel without a cause and I never perceived her as one. If it's rebellious.. it just doesn't make any sense to me. "What are you rebelling against?" People for loving you and wanting to see your show? That's just dumb. So...it can not be that. 

I am holding on to the theory that she doesn't want to tour anymore as a champion procrastinator; it's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong. Maybe it's an artistic choice...

9 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

It really has me stumped. I am a staunch defender of her artistic choices and her personal choices (although I am critical of her love life)...but I "usually" just stay silent on that because it doesn't affect my life. 

I even get giving people who are not very nice a hard time;  but why give people who love you a hard time? I don't think she ever really did that before. I am not a rebel without a cause and I never perceived her as one. If it's rebellious.. it just doesn't make any sense to me. "What are you rebelling against?" People for loving you and wanting to see your show? That's just dumb. So...it can not be that. 

I am holding on to the theory that she doesn't want to tour anymore as a champion procrastinator; it's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong. Maybe it's an artistic choice...

Exactly. What’s the point? Some fans make all kinds of excuses for her like “haven’t you gotten used to her this way?” or “Madonna has always been late. If you can’t handle it, don’t go” or The classic bullshit excuse of “she doesn’t owe you”

But why do fans have to get used to something that is bad or moral instead of the singer getting used to respecting the time specified for the show? Also is it so bad to assume that a singer owes some basic decency to her paying audience to be on time like she expects them to respect her phone ban or do rules have to work one way? 

It does seem like in her recent years, especially this era, that she has far less respect for fans than she’s ever had before. I know she’s been late previously or called fans motherfuckers, but this time it feels like she doesn’t appreciate any fans at all..