Spoiler Free Tour Era Experience

MonsieurX

Is anyone else remaining their best to avoid spoilers? It’s hard not to want to know every detail of the show before. I spoiled the 3 tours I saw Madonna on because — well, Internet...However, this time around Madonna’s Instagram feed seems like a nice teaser and I find myself treading this forum cautiously.

Having said that, is anyone able to confirm that the set list does NOT appear in the tour book? I do not want to buy it until I see the show if it contains spoilers. I imagine the Song Credits May appear in the back of the book...

Thoughts on remaining spoiler free?

Edited by MonsieurX (see edit history)

To be honest, I don't care much about being spoiled. I've been a fan since I was 7 and it was 1998 at the time, I used to live in Iraq and had ZERO chance of seeing her live, so I always saw her tours on VCD/DVD/Blu-Ray up until MDNA Tour where I managed to see her at the Golden Triangle and it was the best thing that ever happened to me, then at Rebel Heart Tour again, front row and hopefully soon at Madame X Tour. So I sort of gotten used to the fact that I wanna see things as soon as they surface and honestly I feel like seeing Madonna live is a completely different thing from knowing the content. Seeing Madonna live is a joy and an achievement in and of itself no matter how many times you do, and whether you know the entire setlist and seen a video of the entire show or just went in blind, just being in the center of that experience is a priceless thing.

This is why I don't find any value in the phone ban or spoiler-free spaces, because while I personally do wish that the setlist will be better and for Madonna to perform she never did or rarely did before, because I still wanna attach a visual to the songs that I really love, I still feel like seeing her live has little to do with what she'll sing or wear or say or do, because being in the same room with the Queen of Music is something I will take over anything else. Of course, I have my own criticisms of her recent decision-making process, but I'd still wanna see her over and over.

Personally I'm just disheartened that for the first time ever in my life I could actually afford to see Madonna but her tickets are still just too outrageously expensive even for the cheap nosebleed seats in my area. It makes me even more sad that there's no filming from fans at all and it looks like it will be that way for the entire tour. You just have to spend the asinine money to get the experience which makes me devastated that I can't go.

I am not seeing her until Paris and I plan to be completely spoiler free. So far I have a pretty good idea of the setlist because of her teases but I stopped following her on insta before it started so I don’t know for sure what she’s performing. I’ve only heard some very vague details and accidentally saw 1 or 2 pics/boomerangs but that’s it. It honestly feels like a tour isn’t even happening, I know it’s going to make it amazing experience when I finally see her!

I don't look it as "spoiling" myself.   I prefer to know all the details even before I go to her shows.  Last tour, I tried to watch many of the videos recorded.  For me, even then you don't get a true experience until you go, so nothing is spoiled for me.  I also usually make up a setlist of the studio versions of the songs on tour, and listen to them in order until I attend a show.  I've been a fan too long, and I remember the days we never got the teasers and such that she gives out now, especially on Instagram.  Also, it's nice to know what to look for beforehand.  Even when you attend, you miss things, so it's nice to get an idea what to expect.

I love being spoiled. lol.

Having paid 'so' much £ for MX tickets, I want to know what is coming up so I am not disoriented by all of the excitement. I was at opening night of S&S in Cardiff completely spoiler-free and that was a dream. But there is just so much going on that there's a lot to take on board if it is all completely fresh and unknown! Knowing allows for more of a relaxed 'being in the moment' experience IMO with a M show :Madonna013: