If I were Madonna, I would...

RinoTheBouncer

8 hours ago, Mark Collins said:

Hmm? What bigger track than one of your most beloved (even among the general public) to help promote anything new?  If she's going to pull out any old track to appeal to a huge audience, it might as well be the iconic "Like A Prayer".  Also, I hardly think of "Future" as a "pre-order" bonus track.   It's a very fun and catchy track which Madonna obviously felt fit the situation. Maybe in your opinion, you don't agree, and that's perfectly fine, since it makes the world an interesting place to live in.  You may have not "cared" about it, but I  did and quite enjoyed the performance.  I'm sure there are many other fans "cared" about "Future" as well.  We can argue that she could have chose other songs, but at the end of the day, it's her artistic choice.  She doesn't need me or anyone else to tell her any different  After all, she's still doing quite well for herself.  I personally felt "Future" and "Like A Prayer" were great choices to perform at Eurovision. Cheers!  :)

Of course there was gonna be some people who did care about a song or a movie that didn’t do well. No one was arguing that other people weren’t allowed to like something just because I didn’t. But imagine promoting MDNA album at Super Bowl with B-Day song. Sure somebody might like it but it isn’t the most catchy or powerful track on the album.

The fact of the matter is that there are songs that are more radio friendly than other songs or resonate with the public better than others, and some performances that can be overwhelming and big while others could simplistic or primitive or weak. I’m not saying this to change your mind about what you like, but you’re insistent that Madonna has no need for any feedback or any second opinion, but maybe that’s exactly what her career needs, better management. I don’t see that as insulting to her career or as a person. Just because it was an artistic choice doesn’t mean that it’s above any form of criticism or second opinion as it’s a product for the public and it’s so not uncommon for fans to wish or vote or plead for some things to happen like a song to get a video or to be added to a tour setlist. It’s music not a cult. Cheers.

7 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Of course there was gonna be some people who did care about a song or a movie that didn’t do well. No one was arguing that other people weren’t allowed to like something just because I didn’t. But imagine promoting MDNA album at Super Bowl with B-Day song. Sure somebody might like it but it isn’t the most catchy or powerful track on the album.

The fact of the matter is that there are songs that are more radio friendly than other songs or resonate with the public better than others, and some performances that can be overwhelming and big while others could simplistic or primitive or weak. I’m not saying this to change your mind about what you like, but you’re insistent that Madonna has no need for any feedback or any second opinion, but maybe that’s exactly what her career needs, better management. I don’t see that as insulting to her career or as a person. Just because it was an artistic choice doesn’t mean that it’s above any form of criticism or second opinion as it’s a product for the public and it’s so not uncommon for fans to wish or vote or plead for some things to happen like a song to get a video or to be added to a tour setlist. It’s music not a cult. Cheers.

From Fans that is!  That's all I was saying. 

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your opinions!  I still believe Madonna's better off without taking career advice/lessons from FANS!  The proof is in her 4 decades of continued success!  

5 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

From Fans that is!  That's all I was saying. 

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your opinions!  I still believe Madonna's better off without taking career advice/lessons from FANS!  The proof is in her 4 decades of continued success!  

Fans are people just like anyone else. You're making it sound like fans are a sub-human species or something that can absolutely never get anything right. Sure she had 4 decades long career, with its ups and downs. Maybe she did listen before without making it obvious that she did, maybe she never did and she would've gotten better if she did, maybe it would've gotten worse. No evidence to back up either of those.

But at the end of the day, any person can have a valuable idea that may help somebody. Don't discredit yourself or anyone else just because you're not in a suit behind a desk at a record label nor a blue checkmark on Twitter with several million followers.

Just now, RinoTheBouncer said:

Fans are people just like anyone else. You're making it sound like fans are a sub-human species or something that can absolutely never get anything right. Sure she had 4 decades long career, with its ups and downs. Maybe she did listen before without making it obvious that she did, maybe she never did and she would've gotten better if she did, maybe it would've gotten worse. No evidence to back up either of those.

But at the end of the day, any person can have a valuable idea that may help somebody. Don't discredit yourself or anyone else just because you're not in a suit behind a desk at a record label nor a blue checkmark on Twitter with several million followers.

I didn't say or insinuate such. You're putting words in my mouth.  I offered my opinion. That's it!  I was clear what I meant, but you seem to be insistent that YOUR OPINION is the right one here and starting to sound like you can't accept anyone else's ideas unless they agree with yours!  I say we agree to disagree and move on.  Thank you for the conversation. Enjoy yourself as a fan.  Remember, nothing is permanent, and the moment she's taken from us, all these little difference won't matter.  Her legacy is perfectly intact and always will be!  Not that either one of us questioned that. Cheers!! :)

52 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I didn't say or insinuate such. You're putting words in my mouth.  I offered my opinion. That's it!  I was clear what I meant, but you seem to be insistent that YOUR OPINION is the right one here and starting to sound like you can't accept anyone else's ideas unless they agree with yours!  I say we agree to disagree and move on.  Thank you for the conversation. Enjoy yourself as a fan.  Remember, nothing is permanent, and the moment she's taken from us, all these little difference won't matter.  Her legacy is perfectly intact and always will be!  Not that either one of us questioned that. Cheers!! :)

I didn't mean that only my point of view is right, but you did say that Madonna listens to people who work with her but not her fans and you capitalized on fans. It made it seem like fans in your opinion, are people who can never ever have any right advice or beneficial ideas, so it wasn't me who's insinuating that I should always be right. But sure, I do feel just as passionately about my point of view as you do, which isn't wrong. But there's definitely no question that her legacy has a wealth of exciting, timeless and unforgettable things, despite the things that you or I or anyone else might not like. Cheers!