Your Favorite Album Closing Tracks

RinoTheBouncer

Your favorite Madonna album closing tracks  

59 members voted

1. 1. What is/are your favorite Madonna album closing tracks?

• Madonna - Everybody
    • Like a Virgin - Stay
    • True Blue - Love Makes the World Go Round
    • Like A Prayer - Act of Contrition
    • Erotica - Secret Garden
    • Bedtime Stories - Take A Bow
    • Ray of Light - Mer Girl
    • Music Gone
    • American Life - Easy Ride
    • Confessions on a Dancefloor - Like It or Not
    • Hard Candy - Voices
    • MDNA (Standard Edition) - Falling Free
    • MDNA (Deluxe Edition) - Best Friend
    • Rebel Heart (Standard Edition) - Wash All Over Me
    • Rebel Heart (Deluxe Edition) - Rebel Heart
    • Rebel Heart (Super Deluxe Edition) - Graffiti Heart
    • Madame X (Standard & Deluxe Edition) - I Rise
    • Madame X (Deluxe 2CD Edition) - Ciao Bella

As the title says. This poll includes her studio albums, some include a deluxe version which add songs beyond the standard closing tracks, so I included those as well, and excluded the remixes and alternative versions of songs. You can vote for multiple tracks.

For me, Easy Ride, Falling Free, Mer Girl, Everybody and Rebel Heart are the best. Show me your choices!

The last track of Like A Prayer is not Keep It Together, but it's Act Of Contrition. I never considered this as a real song, and when I was a kid I was very scared when I listened to it.

Given this, and considering  that I don't think about this track as a real song, for me the last Like A Prayer song is Spanish Eyes, and I vote this even if it's not on the list.

For me one of the most beautiful songs Madonna ever wrote, and that I've always wanted to hear live

27 minutes ago, Rupert76 said:

The last track of Like A Prayer is not Keep It Together, but it's Act Of Contrition. I never considered this as a real song, and when I was a kid I was very scared when I listened to it.

Given this, and considering  that I don't think about this track as a real song, for me the last Like A Prayer song is Spanish Eyes, and I vote this even if it's not on the list.

For me one of the most beautiful songs Madonna ever wrote, and that I've always wanted to hear live

Imagine if she had done a video ? It could have been a fincher collaboration and maybe a sequel to Oh Father ?

12 hours ago, Rupert76 said:

I felt the same about Act of Contrition as a kid but I actually love it now. I think its funny. And a great way to close the album as it mirrors the opening song Like a Prayer.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Considering the votes for Easy Ride (and mine is missing, because I wanted Stay to be recognized), she really should have performed it on tour!!

Easy Ride... ugh

I still wish she adds it at some point, hopefully when she decides to film the show so we can have a visual recorded officially for it. I’d take Easy Ride over any oldie and most MX tracks on the show... Easy Ride and Looking for Mercy.

When I listen to Bedtime Stories on vinyl and I get to Take A Bow, I honestly get shivers. The last lyric "Say goodbye" gets me every time because it's like the perfect way to end "the story" she's telling me through the album. It's just so beautiful. Not to mention that the instrumental used for it is so melancholy and amazing. There is no better ending to an album.

• 4 months later...

This is not in the vote, but my favorite closing track was a japanese bonus track of ray of Light album. The name of the song was Has to Be. This song closed the album in the japan CD. This song was beautfully in the arrangements and the voice of Madonna. Just a deception has only included in the japan version of the album.