Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

Check out how they write (at the very bottom of the page)that you can get tickets for $55-$328 by calling The Colosseum at 866-234-7469.

Five reasons Madonna’s Colosseum visit could be a once-in-a-lifetime experience

Madonna plays the Colosseum at Caesars Palace November 7, 9 and 10.

Thu, Nov 7, 2019 (2 a.m.)

For the tour behind her 14th studio album, Madame X, Madonna opted to do something completely different: an elaborate theater tour. And performing in far smaller venues than usual has naturally led to one of her most unique concert experiences ever. As Rolling Stone noted, at a September Brooklyn show she quipped from the stage, “Freedom is the theme of this show. And the theme of my life, for that matter.” Here are five reasons not to miss the Material Girl this time around.

1. The show reflects months of hard work and planning. Madonna treated the Madame X Tour much like the opening of a Broadway production, with workshops starting in May and intense rehearsals beginning in July in advance of the tour’s September launch. These practice sessions were well-documented online, especially on Instagram—in fact, videos even showed her performing several songs that didn’t make the show’s final cut—and revealed how much care and planning went into every detail of the concert, including choreography, costumes, song sequencing and musical arrangements.

2. Madame X is one of the richest, most provocative albums of her career. That’s a bold statement, considering Madonna built her reputation by crafting boundary-shifting (if not -breaking) pop music. But the deeply political Madame X addresses topics such as gun control, activism and corrupt leadership, while also examining the emotional toll of loneliness. Naturally the current tour focuses heavily on new material, so the show should be a thought-provoking, immersive experience.

3. The tour embodies Madame X’s musical depth. The album reunites Madonna with French producer Mirwais, and it also reflects her exploration of sounds from her current home country, Portugal, and includes collaborations with Colombian superstar Maluma and Orquestra Batukadeiras, an all-women Portuguese percussion troupe that specializes in the Cape Verdean genre batuque. The latter group performs onstage as part of the Madame X Tour, and reviews also note that Madonna incorporates the Portuguese genre fado into the show.

4. You never know what might happen at the concert. To be fair, this was also likely true of previous Madonna tours—but as the Rolling Stone review of the Brooklyn concert noted, “Her comic banter was as stellar as the music—she was loose, salty, spontaneous, thriving on her closeness with the crowd.” In fact, at that show she even cozied up to a fan in the audience and drank from his beer.

5. It’s likely a once-in-a-lifetime show. For starters, phones aren’t allowed into the show, meaning catching clips on YouTube or Instagram the next day likely isn’t an option. More than that, however, Madonna isn’t a fan of repeating herself. In fact, she’s notorious for not always playing her biggest hits live; and if and when she does play them, fans can expect different approaches and arrangements. That being said, Madame X Tour setlists do include a selection of familiar tunes (“Like a Prayer,” “Vogue,” “Express Yourself” and “Frozen”) in addition to Madame X songs. But with a show this elaborate, don’t count on it growing long beyond the already announced dates.

MADONNA November 7, 9-10, 10:30 p.m., $55-$328. The Colosseum, 866-234-7469.

10 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

Yes and the show was amazing!!! There were some negative people in the audience which Madonna commented on but the show was fantastic!!

she said she had hurt her knee, had tendinitis and a chest cold I felt so bad for her

Oh no that's terrible! I hope she starts feeling better! Glad you had a great show despite her lateness. :hug:

WHAT A GREAT EVENING!

People were so rude. They booed because of her lateness and some eventually left. I loved every minute of the show! It was a unique experience. I hope they film it for DVD/Blu-Ray/CD.

The polaroid was bought for about $5,000 - $6,000 to a guy named Anthony who she kept referring to as “the pizza guy” (he owns pizza shops). Madonna joked and stated that he shorted her a few bucks. 

Her voice was a little raspy. She stated she had a chest cold. Overall what an AMAZING opening night for Las Vegas!

Edited by MonsieurX (see edit history)

1 minute ago, MonsieurX said:

WHAT A GREAT EVENING!

People were so rude. They booed because of her lateness and some eventually left. I loved every minute of the show! It was a unique experience. I hope they film it for DVD/Blu-Ray/CD.

The polaroid was bought for about $5,000 - $6,000 to a guy named Anthony who she kept referring to as “the pizza guy” (he owns pizza shops). Madonna joked and stated that he shorted her a few bucks. 

Her voice was a little raspy. She stated she had a chest cold. Overall what an AMAZING opening night for Las Vegas!

Yes! The audience was SO rude!! I was cringing in my seat. she asked twice to turn the air conditioner off but in my selfish moment I was glad it was on ? What am amazing show!

12 minutes ago, PNutButter said:

It can't really be considered "rude" if an artist keeps an audience waiting until the early hours. The audience I think has every right to be pissed off.

I love Madonna, but even the queen can't expect the sheep to be all smiles when she trots on two-three hours late.

It’s RUDE. Period. People need to handle it like adults and not act like school aged children. Booing is immature. If you don’t like it, go to the box office and complain...She’s not anyone’s bitch. I’m sorry but I have no sympathy for people that were cursing at her, calling her a cunt, or booing. If you can’t plan your life accordingly, don’t go to the show...Go on a date that is more suitable for you or make arrangements so you can enjoy yourself.

I specifically planned a trip to Vegas to see Madonna. If you don’t like the lateness then leave. Is it a bit “unprofessional” - sure. At the end of the day she doesn’t care. People need to get over it. She has been going on late for at least the past ten years and it’s not going to change. I don’t understand why people think this is suddenly a new thing. With every tour people bitch and moan about her lateness. Deal with it. 

I hate that some people are so sycophantic that they believe she can treat people however she wants because 'she's Madonna'.

She, like everyone else, can choose to treat people poorly.

But she, unlike her performing peers, is the one killing off her future touring viability. 

4 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly.

To those whom think her behaviour is fine...

Could you or your employees rock up to work a few hours late and get away with it? No.

Some people have medical conditions that limits how long they can be out of the house or hotel for, theres no consideration. 

You buy a ticket for a concert and you expect to be home by a decent hour, and certainly expect it to be over before 23:30 at the latest. 

She's slowly killing her commercial viability in touring. I've a few friends who won't return to see her live again after late starts on MDNA and RHT. They're just not interested, it's mutual respect. It has to work two ways. She should respect her audience, because whatever she does during a spa determines whether or not they'll buy a ticket for a future show or whether or not they'll tell their friends and family to bother.

The proof of course will be in the pudding on the next tour... when she's back in arenas and either selling them out or selling 30% of the tickets and cancelling dates left right and centre due to 'logistical problems'. 

You are correct, I can’t show up to work late but I’m also not a successful music artist who has made a name for myself and struggled to get to where I am.

Madonna could have cancelled tonight. She wasn’t feeling well and after hearing boos from behind the curtain she could have called the whole show off.

Once again, if you don’t like her lateness - don’t go. It’s not going to change. The theater was still packed despite her lateness and the negative energy from the audience.

2 minutes ago, scion said:

I hate that some people are so sycophantic that they believe she can treat people however she wants because 'she's Madonna'.

She, like everyone else, can choose to treat people poorly.

But she, unlike her performing peers, is the one killing off her future touring viability. 

She is not killing off her viability at all. LiveNation is loving the money they are making off of her. Money talks. It’s not like LiveNation is revoking her contract because of her tardiness. 

9 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

@MonsieurXand @SynchroneThanks so much for all of the details. Despite the lateness, I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. What were your most favorite song performances and costumes? Thanks again. 

Thank you for asking a question that is not related to her lateness. 

The James Baldwin quote at the intro was amazing. Dark Ballet was magical. I loved what she did with Future. The way she incorporated her old songs like Rescue Me was fun and playful. 

The costume during the Fado club section was my favorite! 

Edited by MonsieurX (see edit history)

Again though, it's not negative energy. Negative energy would be an audience of people given free tickets that didn't want to go and make it known during the show.

What she had last night was Reactive Energy, which was basically her breathing in the fumes of the mess she had created by her own behaviour. I genuinely hope the audiences grow more and more vocal about the lateness, and somebody heckles her brutally, because the way she's treating people who have paid a fortune to hear her.

Most of the casual audience don't see her with your rose tinted specs, they see her as a successful singer, and they expect two way respect.

Shes no Goddess, and she's not the elite.

shes a performing artist, and we are her paying audience.

1 minute ago, MonsieurX said:

Thank you for asking a question that is not related to her lateness. 

The James Baldwin quote at the intro was amazing. Dark Ballet was magical. I loved what she did with Future. The way she incorporated her old songs like Rescue Me was fun and playful. 

The costume during the Fado club section was my favorite! 

Awesome awesome.  Thank you!!! ????

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic