Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

1 minute ago, scion said:

Again though, it's not negative energy. Negative energy would be an audience of people given free tickets that didn't want to go and make it known during the show.

What she had last night was Reactive Energy, which was basically her breathing in the fumes of the mess she had created by her own behaviour. I genuinely hope the audiences grow more and more vocal about the lateness, and somebody heckles her brutally, because the way she's treating people who have paid a fortune to hear her.

Most of the casual audience don't see her with your rose tinted specs, they see her as a successful singer, and they expect two way respect.

Shes no Goddess, and she's not the elite.

shes a performing artist, and we are her paying audience.

Are you capable of getting on a stage and singing and dancing your ass off for 2+ hours? It’s hard work. A lot of production went into the creation of this tour. She doesn’t go on late for shits and giggles. There are a lot of moving parts and the lateness I’m sure is in part to ensuring that every element of the show goes off without a hitch.

Everybody is a critic. I’m tired of “die hard fans” continuing to put her through the wringer simply because she goes on late. Get over it. Once again, if you have a problem with it, request a refund or don’t buy a ticket.

5 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

She is not killing off her viability at all. LiveNation is loving the money they are making off of her. Money talks. It’s not like LiveNation is revoking her contract because of her tardiness. 

Her contract is up after this tour. Let's see how quickly they choose to renegotiate. They bent over backwards for her 360 deal in 2007. 

Believe it or not but I actually applied for a job with Live Nation a few years ago, and they asked me during the video interview (Job was based in Manchester UK in IT Services) what I knew about Live Nation. I mentioned Madonna as a major touring artist and the guy was really dismissive, basically saying that nowadays they're focusing on bloody Beyoncé and Jay-Z and that Madonna is not considered a large priority with them now. It's weird, I've never heard anyone ever mention going to see Jay-Z, does he even tour much?!

I personally can't see her getting a deal with Live Nation again. 

I also very much doubt they're genuinely thrilled with the profit margins versus predictions for this tour. On the surface Fogel and the rest of them will big it up... 

but have you ever before heard of a corporate bigwig responding to criticism with 'so what theirs a few thousand tickets left'?

come on now, thats utterly bizarre. 

Its weird to see a star actively pissing her audience off, it's as though she takes pleasure in being an annoyance and losing customers. 

Her contract is up after this tour. Let's see how quickly they choose to renegotiate. They bent over backwards for her 360 deal in 2007. 

Believe it or not but I actually applied for a job with Live Nation a few years ago, and they asked me during the video interview (Job was based in Manchester UK in IT Services) what I knew about Live Nation. I mentioned Madonna as a major touring artist and the guy was really dismissive, basically saying that nowadays they're focusing on bloody Beyoncé and Jay-Z and that Madonna is not considered a large priority with them now. It's weird, I've never heard anyone ever mention going to see Jay-Z, does he even tour much?!

I personally can't see her getting a deal with Live Nation again. 

I also very much doubt they're genuinely thrilled with the profit margins versus predictions for this tour. On the surface Fogel and the rest of them will big it up... 

but have you ever before heard of a corporate bigwig responding to criticism with 'so what theirs a few thousand tickets left'?

come on now, thats utterly bizarre. 

Its weird to see a star actively pissing her audience off, it's as though she takes pleasure in being an annoyance and losing customers. 

Fair point. I’m not trying to argue with you so much as just express my passion for the love of her music and performances. 

Thank you for listening. I’m sorry if I came off rude. Madonna just means a lot to me and truly saved my life. 

(Get a job at LiveNation so you can give us some insider information. :silly:)

XO. 

7 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

Fair point. I’m not trying to argue with you so much as just express my passion for the love of her music and performances. 

Thank you for listening. I’m sorry if I came off rude. Madonna just means a lot to me and truly saved my life. 

(Get a job at LiveNation so you can give us some insider information. :silly:)

XO. 

Ha, I stuck to healthcare, it was a time when I wasn't particularly well and was exploring options x

and don't worry, I value everyone's options! Xxx

4 minutes ago, scion said:

No, but then again I doubt she could do my job for a 13 hour night shifts in a busy hospital either... and I'm always on time. 

And no, that staging excuse is bullshit. It's a basic cheap stage compared to other major tours. 

Everyone else gets on stage on time. 

Gaga (ew), Celine, Kylie, Selena, J-Lo, Ariana, Janet (urgh), Mariah... 

All on time for their show.

Its simply her attitude towards the audience. She isn't doing anything extra, isn't performing to a better standard than the others. She's doing exactly the same, three hours late.

Come on, is this really necessary? We're all adults no need to write petty things about other artists.

Just now, scion said:

It's not petty. They're the other leading females in music on stage today. 

It's a very fair comparison, and it aids my point well. 

Comparing their record sales or physical appearances/abilities would be cruel. 

Current touring standards? Not so.

That's not why I'm saying it's petty, I'm talking about the "ew" comments.

1 hour ago, MonsieurX said:

The theater was still packed despite her lateness and the negative energy from the audience.

The theater was NOT still packed, according to people who were there who report patrons walking out before and during the show. 

Someone on tribe said his entire section was empty except for one person. 

• Enrico featured this topic

Review from @SimonVenekeofrom MTribe, but I am sure he will post the full version here, too!

MadonnaTribe Forum member SimonVenekeo shared his report from the first Madame X evening in Las Vegas, a rough show with a 12 AM start time – a new record for Madame X – that led to  lot of people leaving and lots of heckling throughout the show.
Madonna sounded like she had the sniffles so flu is still in effect.

The Polaroid selfie moment was all over the place. The first bid was $1,800, the second was $3,000 but the original bidder said it wasn’t all there. The third bid was ‘$5-6 thousand’, to which Madonna replied ‘You don’t know?’, someone offered their watch and then someone tried to give her all $1’s. The guy who offered $5-6 thousand was a pizza guy named Anthony who she referenced a few more times. The beer moment was at the stairs again.

28 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Let's not compare with other divas, but if we compare with Broadway productions or other concerts, MXT is not more technically difficult so IMO there is no excuse for lateness. I went to a concert in my town on Wednesday and I was surprised how complex it was in terms of staging and lighting, M paved the way but no everybody's doing it. And the show started at 9 and ended at 11 pm. While going out I was feeling tured and thought "this is the time when Madonna's shiw will start" :wide-eyes:

Lateness is rude and unprofessional.

Booing and leaving have been audience's rights since the beginning of theatre.

Some people keep saying "don't go" but you are implying the general audience knows she will be late. Not everybody's coming to... read Infinity threads!

+1.

These are the comments from Tribes Facebook...

Omg last night’s experience was such a huge disappointment...  when I got to the venue around 10pm the crowd was very enthusiastic and excited waiting for her and singing along with some of the acoustic tunes her band was playing to warm up the crowd. Then after her band left the stage around 10:45 we assumed she was gonna come out in just a few mins... then it was 11:15, then 11:30, then 11:45 and nothing... it got to the point that the tardiness ruined people’s mood pretty badly... it even broke my heart to see some of the people leaving without seeing the show... and  the ones staying even starter booing.   by the time she finally came out at 12:10, people were in a really crappy mood. And her having the nerve to get bitchy and tell people to cheer up was making things even worst since the people were not having it.

It was a fucked up experience. She really managed in putting the crowd in an awful and aggressive mood.

This isn't sounding good. 12am starts?! WTF is that about?? Does she really think that even the most hardened fan isn't going to be tested by this behaviour? You are expected to get there for 8pm. You don't know how long she is going to be before she comes on. You are left waiting with the only option being to buy (probably extortionately priced) drinks. No easy way of communicating to the outside world. It's like you're a bloody caged animal!! Once the show is over you are left to find a way home at 2am. On top of that, you have paid hundreds for the privilege. I've been a huge fan and have tried to justify her behaviour at gigs before now but I think I am just going to have to give up this time and admit that she is a disrespectful piss-taker.

We can say what we want to defend her, but she killing off her touring legacy. The reviews of the show content are amazing but the actual mood on this tour is bad.

I sometimes will never get the mentality of "Well, don't go" or "She's the Queen." It doesn't excuse you from treating your audience as such. Putting the start time at 10:30 as she did a while back was a good move so people wouldn't leave or go there waiting for hours. The wait time is cruel. For MDNA, it was 2 1/2+ hours of waiting even with the horrid opening act before people were unsure whether she'd come on or not. With RHT, it was easier with the MJ musical cue that allowed people to get to their seats but past midnight is new and quite overkill.

5 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I sometimes will never get the mentality of "Well, don't go" or "She's the Queen." It doesn't excuse you from treating your audience as such. Putting the start time at 10:30 as she did a while back was a good move so people wouldn't leave or go there waiting for hours. The wait time is cruel. For MDNA, it was 2 1/2+ hours of waiting even with the horrid opening act before people were unsure whether she'd come on or not. With RHT, it was easier with the MJ musical cue that allowed people to get to their seats but past midnight is new and quite overkill.

It's quite inexcusable I agree.

Those who defend are defending for defending a same

As a paying audience member you expect respect. 

But then again, this is the same woman  who had banned phones from her allegedly-theatre-but-actually-a-concert show but was famously banned from attending a play because she's was the only one sat in the audience pissing about on her phone LOL.

It's quite inexcusable I agree.

Those who defend are defending for defending a same

As a paying audience member you expect respect. 

But then again, this is the same woman  who had banned phones from her allegedly-theatre-but-actually-a-concert show but was famously banned from attending a play because she's was the only one sat in the audience pissing about on her phone LOL.

It's the same as any other service. You don't excuse lateness at a cinema. You best believe if the film doesn't start, someone will say something. Or a restaurant not bringing your order.

I get some are big fans but come on, waiting without a phone, at a show that is 2 hours late among big fans, the GP and others, you can't expect everyone to accept her lateness which I feel a lot of people here think people should accept. No one is going to want to wait a long time no matter the artist especially given it's during the week, have kids, a job to get to the next day etc.

Her lack of respect for her audience has become apparent now there is absolutely no excuse for coming on at midnight, the time was changed from 8.30 to 10.30pm yet she still can't make it to the stage till midnight it really is disrespectful I really hope London is strict, she's good at sabotaging her own career she doesn't need the press to do that.

3 minutes ago, Matty said:

Her lack of respect for her audience has become apparent now there is absolutely no excuse for coming on at midnight, the time was changed from 8.30 to 10.30pm yet she still can't make it to the stage till midnight it really is disrespectful I really hope London is strict, she's good at sabotaging her own career she doesn't need the press to do that.

Agree!

But let me get this straight before other members start to complain. All these comments come from people who LOVE Madonna and who are sincerely worried about her, her career, her commercial success. Worried about her being detached from reality - after all her limo will be there at any time and she won't sleep until 4am anyway. Worried about the theatre personnel, about the crew, about the dancers and band who rehearsed until 5 am for a month and posted Instagram Stories at twilight almost every day. This is not normal...

• Enrico unfeatured this topic