Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

When I went to Vegas during her last tour, the ticket said she would start at 7:30. My friend and I knew she'd be late. She didn't come on until 9:30(or maybe it was 9:15? Not sure). But, I remember the crowd was loud and restless. It was painful waiting. So, I can't imagine a change in time after buying a ticket and then waiting until midnight. But I know I'd be up after midnight anyway as my adrenaline before and after a madonna concert has always kept me awake all night afterwards. Lol

Anyway, I love her so much, but, I wouldn't put up with the lateness etc if it were any other artist.  I do worry on her future as an artist and her concert attendances if this keeps up? I don't blame anyone for being upset on it in any way. 

14 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

When I went to Vegas during her last tour, the ticket said she would start at 7:30. My friend and I knew she'd be late. She didn't come on until 9:30. But, I remember the crowd was loud and restless. It was painful waiting. So, I can't imagine a change in time after buying a ticket and then waiting until midnight. But I know I'd be up after midnight anyway as my adrenaline before and after a madonna concert has always kept me awake all night afterwards. Lol

Anyway, I love her so much, but, I wouldn't put up with the lateness etc if it were any other artist.  I do worry on her future as an artist and her concert attendances if this keeps up? I don't blame anyone for being upset on it in any way. 

The question is, will you be able to put up with it for M forever?

Starting at 10:30 is one thing but a midnight start time is unacceptable, especially when people don’t have their phones either. I don’t blame the audience for getting mad and people for leaving early. I know someone who was remotely working with the box office last night and they couldn’t go to bed until 4am due to the time change. There are a lot of people working to get this show up and running and it’s just very inconsiderate of her to do that. 

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Luckily I'll see it in London, where I know how to get a late bus, where buses run all night, where I'll be on a 8 days vacation with no need to wake up early, and where she's never been too late (at least for RHT) because she knows and probably fears Londoneers :laughing:

I agree, but even planning around, somehow I barely managed to do anything during my "days" on my vacation, while like a normal person I foolishly thought I'd be able to visit some of my favorite places, etc.  That's all Madonna's fault, and it's ridiculous.

Staying around to boo all night doesn't help anything though.  She doesn't care, you're just wrecking your own mood and the experience of everyone attending around you.  If you're that unhappy, at that point the best choice is to ask for a refund (which you will definitely receive).

37 minutes ago, scion said:

The question is, will you be able to put up with it for M forever?

Yes!...of her music.  But not sure I'll keep going to her concerts anymore? It's just all gotten to be too much(the games of Live Nation etc.). I really hope for better in the future. We'll see?

So this is what I wrote on Tribe:

Ok wow......That was a rough show. 12 am start time lead to a LOT of people leaving and lots of heckling throughout the show. She sounded like she had the sniffles so flu is still in effect.

The Polaroid moment was all over the place. The first bid was $1,800, the second was $3,000 but the original bidder said it wasn’t all there. The third bid was ‘$5-6 thousand’, to which Madonna replied ‘You don’t know?’, someone offered their watch and then someone tried to give her all $1’s. The guy who offered $5-6 thousand was a pizza guy named Anthony who she referenced a few more times. The beer moment was at the stairs again.

Honestly, it wasn't a great show for me in the sense I'm still jetlagged coming from Toronto, so it felt like 3 am when the show started so I was a little tired and unfocused and sitting near people who I knew would want to sit through the show and tell me to sit but has no problem during Medellin 'Maluma' repeatedly and saying 'Where's Maluma? I'm going to fuck him in the ass!!'. The best part for me was the person I ended up chatting with who was in town for business and then extended a day to see the show and it was also his first Madonna show! He knew about 3 Madame X songs, so he said it was good he got to take in the lyrics live for the others. And with so many leaving, prior to the show we went to the ushers to ask if we could bump our spot somewhere and they let us in the front section of where standing since it was completely empty aside from one person so one section over from our original tickets. So we moved up 13 rows from M to A and then during the Fado section when I was going to the bathroom someone handed me his tickets so moved up a few more rows in the 103 section. It was interesting to take in the show from there. Seeing and hearing different sounds was really cool.

To cap off the night we ended up going back to our original spot in 203 and we both got to touch her!! She exits from 102-103 to 202-203.

----

Overall the show was enjoyable, the heckling was pretty common as I heard in Chicago, after Batuka when she's explaining her journey to Portugal people yelling 'Sing!', so nothing was out of the ordinary (as I say this is ordinary).

5 hours ago, Voguerista said:

@MonsieurXand @SynchroneThanks so much for all of the details. Despite the lateness, I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. What were your most favorite song performances and costumes? Thanks again. 

I loved the entire show but IDSIF, Batuka, frozen, extreme occident, come alive really stood out. Medellin was perfection! I don’t know how to explain this but her dancing looks so much tighter live than when you see her in a performance. I was really in awe of her dancing and how limber she is.

I was able to get this last minute ticket thanks to someone on this forum. Thank you again and that’s why this forum is so special :)

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

Staying around to boo all night doesn't help anything though.  She doesn't care, you're just wrecking your own mood and the experience of everyone attending around you.  If you're that unhappy, at that point the best choice is to ask for a refund (which you will definitely receive).

Of course I would never boo! Being a person who does theatre, I respect all performers, especially amateurs, I know how hard it is. I meant that I could imagine the "normal" people (not die hard fans) expressing their disapproval.

20 minutes ago, GodControl said:

I found a video in YouTube about her performance of LAP yesterday, she seemed really sick, her voice is way more different than the time that I saw her live in New York! 

WOW! A WHOLE PERFORMANCE!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

She's not in good health, definitely, that is why she needs to go to bed EARLY!!

donald duck sleeping GIF

I do understand people being upset at the start time especially if they are unfamiliar with her. Do I wish she would have started at 10:30 instead of midnight? Yes! Do I wish she would have started at 8:30 vs 10:30 yes!

Some of what I saw and heard though I thought was extremely rude. People were yelling at the ushers, screaming horrible things at Madonna during the performance. I’m sorry but screaming “SHUT UP!”, “SING BIT$H!” And booing loudly during the show was not nice imo. 

She didn’t even do the part where she sits on a fans lap. She said “this is the part where I usually sit on a fan’s lap but this audience scared me and is aggressive” or something to that effect. Someone must have said something really awful as she stopped at one moment and said “what did you say to me?” It made the speaking parts of the show difficult to watch.

Let me say that despite some of these hecklers the overall cheering and love for Madonna was much stronger than them!

7 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

I do understand people being upset at the start time especially if they are unfamiliar with her. Do I wish she would have started at 10:30 instead of midnight? Yes! Do I wish she would have started at 8:30 vs 10:30 yes!

Some of what I saw and heard though I thought was extremely rude. People were yelling at the ushers, screaming horrible things at Madonna during the performance. I’m sorry but screaming “SHUT UP!”, “SING BIT$H!” And booing loudly during the show was not nice imo. 

She didn’t even do the part where she sits on a fans lap. She said “this is the part where I usually sit on a fan’s lap but this audience scared me and is aggressive” or something to that effect. Someone must have said something really awful as she stopped at one moment and said “what did you say to me?” It made the speaking parts of the show difficult to watch.

Let me say that despite some of these hecklers the overall cheering and love for Madonna was much stronger than them!

You have to remember not all the shows are composed of big fans of M, some are general public and/or casuals that do not know of lateness or her humor. Does it make their behavior right? No, of course not but given the late start time, the no phone ban and how combative she was towards their disappointment, it's bound to happen she'll get booed or things yelled at her. It would happen to any performer who would do that.

53 minutes ago, GodControl said:

I found a video in YouTube about her performance of LAP yesterday, she seemed really sick, her voice is way more different than the time that I saw her live in New York! 

Omg heaven. thank you thank you. Wow and even with a cold, her vocals are still just beautiful. 

Madonna being late is not new news, but c'mon - they already changed the time from 7:30 to 10:30 to give people a realistic showtime so you can plan accordingly (this is the first tour Ticketmaster/Live Nation did this) but to STILL come out over 90 minutes after that?! So unprofessional. And to those who are defending her basically saying "deal with it," you should keep in mind that most people may not have the same energy level as you. Some people flew in from different time zones and are already tired as it is. So my question to you is: where do you draw the line? If she didn't come on until 2am, would you still be saying that's ok and bashing others who feel it's too late? I agree that the audience may have been too harsh last night but honestly, they have every right to be. It would be different if they made an announcement around 11pm saying that they were having technical difficulties or Madonna was ill or whatever. But nope. No explanation. Just making people sit there and wait wondering when or if she's coming on is not right.

I usually defend Madonna till no end but she brought this all upon herself.

Yea, coming on after 12am is really rude.  Having a cold, sore knee and other bits is no excuse, in fact should be motivation to come on earlier to get home earlier to rest.

I have no idea why she insists on coming on so late all the time. I get it she's a night owl, but even night owls can start their show at a reasonable time.

11 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Madonna being late is not new news, but c'mon - they already changed the time from 7:30 to 10:30 to give people a realistic showtime so you can plan accordingly (this is the first tour Ticketmaster/Live Nation did this) but to STILL come out over 90 minutes after that?! So unprofessional. And to those who are defending her basically saying "deal with it," you should keep in mind that most people may not have the same energy level as you. Some people flew in from different time zones and are already tired as it is. So my question to you is: where do you draw the line? If she didn't come on until 2am, would you still be saying that's ok and bashing others who feel it's too late? I agree that the audience may have been too harsh last night but honestly, they have every right to be. It would be different if they made an announcement around 11pm saying that they were having technical difficulties or Madonna was ill or whatever. But nope. No explanation. Just making people sit there and wait wondering when or if she's coming on is not right.

I usually defend Madonna till no end but she brought this all upon herself.

At this rate Madonna will perform the next day at 8am. :laughing:

I don’t have much to add to this conversation, I can only say that if this lateness becomes part of the act, the general public will likely catch on and turn on her as they did to Lauryn Hill. I once waited for almost four hours in winter because she was so late to her 1st show of the night we had to wait through the entire show then wait for the second to begin. Now anytime I see any post about a Hill show the comments are brutal, bring crosswords, she will show up tomorrow etc.... the internet remembers.

Just now, Synchrone said:

Does anyone know how the intricacies of the stairs work? I was so mesmerized during Extreme Occident when they all started moving in some choreographed dance. It is such a striking moment 

I keep hearing about this and I wish just a small video clip would leak. I would like to see it. :sad:

I read from a fan that could see people dressed in black moving them around her (and at one show they actually rammed a staircase into her).

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I keep hearing about this and I wish just a small video clip would leak. I would like to see it. :sad:

I read from a fan that could see people dressed in black moving them around her (and at one show they actually rammed a staircase into her).

I thought originally there were people moving the stairs but as they made a complete circle I couldn’t see anyone moving them! I Thought I could see some sort of small device on the backs of them. 
That part is still staying with me

• Enrico unfeatured this topic