Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

Love her, but she's really pushing it with the late start.  Her management already changed the start time, yet she still comes on even more later.  I don't agree with the vehement behavior given to her, but no one else does this to their fan base.  Every entertainer has late starts from time to time, but to say she doesn't care, isn't making her case any more appealing.  This behavior has been going on for several tours now.  More and more people are getting fed up.  So some fans can defend it as "she doesn't care", but this is only going to make it harder and harder for her to sell tickets to future tours.  Touring is pretty much her money maker now.  She's definitely going to sabotage that if she keeps doing this. 

Really,Prince did numerous late intimate gigs and no one cried about it.It was cute when she mocked Kevin Costner and told her MTV storytime audience about ms.spider saying if you dont shut up i will go home.We LOVED it.we are lucky shes still here and touring.This is our Queen we let her get away with every little thing because there is no. Waother.If you cant handle staying up and waiting one night every 4 years then dont go.No wonder they hate us.Long live the Queen.Shame on you,you are no fan.She has plenty of money she can do what she wants.

4 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

Really,Prince did numerous late intimate gigs and no one cried about it.It was cute when she mocked Kevin Costner and told her MTV storytime audience about ms.spider saying if you dont shut up i will go home.We LOVED it.we are lucky shes still here and touring.This is our Queen we let her get away with every little thing because there is no. Waother.If you cant handle staying up and waiting one night every 4 years then dont go.No wonder they hate us.Long live the Queen.Shame on you,you are no fan.She has plenty of money she can do what she wants.

Prince late gigs were actually after shows to his main concerts so it’s not the same scenario as M not giving a shit about her shocking tardiness 

From MUnderground:

Many of Madonna‘s fans expressed themselves on Thursday night (er, rather Friday morning) when she was nearly two hours late for her Las Vegas concert.

An entertainment source tells Wonderwall.com that “over 500 refunds” were issued after Madge eschewed her 10:30 p.m. start time, instead taking the Caesars Palace Colosseum stage past midnight, which is technically Friday morning. The show also ran longer than anticipated, and eventually let out around 2:45 a.m.

Fans, however, weren’t pleased with the late start, many of them started booing and chanting the word “refund,” according to local reports and Twitter users.

“@madonna is completely disrespectful to audience starting so late. Lost a fan,” one person said.

Since doors for the show opened around 8 p.m., many fans were in the venue for over four hours before getting their first glimpse of Madonna.

Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist John Katsilometes tweeted, “Reports that #Madonna took the stage at about 12:30 a.m. at the Colosseum last night/this morning. She is famously late to the stage, but this might be some sort of record.”

The blog Breathe Heavy noted, “Some people in attendance were annoyed, so it didn’t help that Madonna ribs the audience by essentially calling them poor, cursing up a storm and explaining her political views. It reportedly resulted in boos and chants for refunds.”

Many on social media noted that fans were sleeping during the show due to the time.

“You were seriously late to the show your fans payed good $ to see = disrespectful,” one Twitter user wrote. “Fans were walking out, if you can’t see that’s a problem you’ve a big problem on your hands.”

Irked by Madonna’s tardiness, one Twitter user said, “1.5 hours late. Indifferent-to-hostile audience. Juvenile attempts at humor met with audience silence. I’ve never seen anyone less in control of a room. Truly amateurish.”

The tweets all came after the concert was over in the wee hours of the morning, as the show was “phone free,” meaning concertgoers had to lock up up their cell phones.

Madge’s defenders noted that Madonna has been continuously late for her shows throughout her storied career, claiming attendees should have expected it.

Read more at MSN.com

2 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

People used to egg and throw tomatoes at performers. She could consider herself lucky it was boos and hecklers she shut down but she did egg the reaction by coming on two hours late. At some point, it's her doing rather than the fans' or public. Moving the time to 10:30 and being even late for that is unprofessional.

Prince did numerous late night intimate gigs and if you dont like it stay home and sleep.shes our Queen its only one night every four years.your no fan i can tell you that.

13 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

This is not a fair response. Let's be reasonable here.  Show time was originally after 8 pm for most venues.  But she couldn't make that.  So her management eventually changed the time to 10:30, but she's still late.  This isn't about being a fan.  This isn't about being able to stay up late.  The fact is that people are not expecting to leave her show at 2 am when they show up four hours prior.  Keep in mind, many of the Vegas folks probably aren't die hard fans either.  Those type of venues tend to attract casual fan if not regular people, who may was interested to see her live.  Tie in the fact that they have to be without their phone longer than they expected, is another issue.  What if these people had jobs that require them to be on call at a certain time.  

There comes a point even fans have to hold her accountable, rather just saying, "she's the Queen and she can do what she pleases".  Sorry, but that's not fair to a lot of people who have lives outside of what should be a two hour show.  There is no shame for holding someone accountable for their actions, especially when it comes off disrespectful. 

And newsflash, even die hard fans have opinions about her behavior lately.  It doesn't make us any less of a fan just because we have something to say about it.

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

This is not a fair response. Let's be reasonable here.  Show time was originally after 8 pm for most venues.  But she couldn't make that.  So her management eventually changed the time to 10:30, but she's still late.  This isn't about being a fan.  This isn't about being able to stay up late.  The fact is that people are not expecting to leave her show at 2 am when they show up four hours prior.  Keep in mind, many of the Vegas folks probably aren't die hard fans either.  Those type of venues tend to attract casual fan if not regular people, who may was interested to see her live.  Tie in the fact that they have to be without their phone longer than they expected, is another issue.  What if these people had jobs that require them to be on call at a certain time.  

There comes a point even fans have to hold her accountable, rather just saying, "she's the Queen and she can do what she pleases".  Sorry, but that's not fair to a lot of people who have lives outside of what should be a two hour show.  There is no shame for holding someone accountable for their actions, especially when it comes off disrespectful. 

Exactly - clearly her “Actions speak louder than words “ here?

6 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

Prince did numerous late night intimate gigs and if you dont like it stay home and sleep.shes our Queen its only one night every four years.your no fan i can tell you that.

This is not sold as a night gig!

I attended a "midknight" performance of SPAMALOT in London but it started on time! It was brilliant, full of theatre people who couldn't have attended a normal performance, being on stage involved in other musical productions in town. But we came, we saw, we applauded, we didn't wait.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

THEN DONT GO!! More room for the rest of us.

Guess what, I'm not going!  But don't assume "more room for the rest of us", because this behavior of hers is ticking off even the most avid fans.  The more fans who don't go, the less chance she will fill future venues and then that means no show.  So you might be careful in what you wish for, because it may end up backfiring on you. 

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

This is not sold as a night gig!

I attended a "midknight" performance of SPAMALOT in London but it started on time! It was brilliant, full of theatre people who couldn't have attended a normal performance, being on stage involved in other musical productions in town. But we came, we saw, we applauded, we didn't wait.

Now everybody knows so you cant say we didnt tell you so. There will sill be colums upon colums on this no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

No i went to plenty of his and he came just as late and played til 3 in the morning.i ? it.is that all you have to worry about your good.

You do know those were billed as late gigs!  He didn't just show up late every night.  It was billed as midnight gigs.  Get your facts straight. It's not the same thing at all.  Madonna is making people wait two hours or more.  Prince didn't make anyone wait!!

16 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Prince late gigs were actually after shows to his main concerts so it’s not the same scenario as M not giving a shit about her shocking tardiness 

No know it all he was just as late to the concerts he did here in the carolinas and no one had a melt down like yall.geez never go to another Madonna concert then.

I can see where both @Christopher Deanand @MarXusare coming from. I hope she won't be late at my show, however I don't care if she is. It's one night every 4 years, so no matter how late she is, I'll scream like a little girl when the Queen makes an appearance. But we can't just think about us and neither can she. If she wants to have some sort of a legacy, she has to be appealing to the general public too. And non-fans aren't going to make excuses for her. She should be doing the opposite of what she is doing now, trying to please people as much as she can (be on time, do greatest hits tour), because as it stands, teenagers have no idea who she is

6 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

No know it all he was just as late to the concerts he did here in the carolinas and no one had a melt down like yall.geez never go to another Madonna concert then.

This is not the point. I know and I'll wait, I'll bring a book :coffee:

What I mean is if people are angry and leave you can't blame them.

But you still don't understand a show is not just for die hard fans like us who spend thousands of dollars, who wait for days etc.

A tour is made to increase album sales and popularity, and this is not helping...

1 minute ago, stfan97 said:

Someone at one of my shows did actually bring a hardcover book to read while waiting. :lol:

He's not me!

He doesn't have my name!

:laughing:

Maybe I'll bring "Life with my sister Madonna" and read it aloud, they'll start sooner to make me stop!

Or "The English roses" :Madonna007:

According Wonderwall.com  "over 500 refunds" were issued after Madonna took stage after midnight in Las Vegas.  For those, who say Madonna doesn't care?  Think again.  She's putting on smaller venues, so while 500 seats may not bother her much for one venue, but it adds up if this continues to happened throughout the tour.  It should be concerning to her.

47 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

Really,Prince did numerous late intimate gigs and no one cried about it.

Prince did do that, yes. But it was usually either planned to be a late gig or an extra gig which directly followed after the main show. He rarely left his fans waiting for a show... he was a true professional... not what we are seeing from M on this tour

49 minutes ago, MarXus said:

And newsflash, even die hard fans have opinions about her behavior lately.  It doesn't make us any less of a fan just because we have something to say about it.

Thank you! 

The fact they moved the start time and she still cannot make it and makes them wait hours without a phone and no heads up when she'll be on. It's literally disrespect for your own audience. Super fans may like that because they'll see their idol no matter what but super fans alone cannot sustain tours or profits when it comes to booking stadiums, arenas or future shows, you need the general public to some degree on your side. But these people think the world revolves them and only their ticket and their "Well, you can leave, no one cares, go to bed, cry baby" mentality somehow makes them feel superior when they are only playing themselves.

People have jobs to go to, children that are probably with sitters, and other things besides waiting additional hours for a show but it's Madonna, of course. Apparently she gets a past for her behavior. The whole theater is not made of super fans or die hards, a good chunk are casuals or people wanting to see the Madonna they last remember. People will let it known that they are upset or tired of waiting. They aren't going to bow and accept any one liner or insult from Madonna because she's "ironic" either. She's shown contempt to her own bread and butter by insulting them on numerous shows and making fun of those who have left. Can you blame them? Waiting hours for a late show isn't something a lot of people are going to do. At MDNA, people were pissed and annoyed she never came on. The poor theater people who have to deal with this and stay later than usual because of the late start times is also a big issue.

Exactly, voicing your displeasure or disagreement shouldn't question whether you're a fan or not. It's becoming a trend on forums that you must either love everything and never be critical of anything because you're "a troll, not a true fan, a Gaga stan, Kylie fan." It's really annoying at this point. I can imagine how the poor mods and other members feel when they can't voice anything. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic