Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

According Wonderwall.com  "over 500 refunds" were issued after Madonna took stage after midnight in Las Vegas.  For those, who say Madonna doesn't care?  Think again.  She's putting on smaller venues, so while 500 seats may not bother her much for one venue, but it adds up if this continues to happened throughout the tour.  It should be concerning to her.

At these ticket prices, 500 seats is about half a million dollars. It can easily add up to millions lost throughout the tour.

7 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

guys, have you seem this? a brazilian fansite is claiming that the tour is being recorded for release, since there is no side-screen on the theaters, is it plausible?

75429515_432202207445206_204517462790635

She’s probably testing the angles so Danny Tull can edit the fuck out if this and add his filters - grain and fuck knows what else to make it unwatchable ?

1 minute ago, Winn said:

At these ticket prices, 500 seats is about half a million dollars. It can easily add up to millions lost throughout the tour.

Very good point.  Those who quickly defend her, should think again when they say, "then don't go!".   Mimicking Madonna isn't going to change the fact that she's may be sabotaging her touring career.

And thank you to @thelioncourtheart_ You make very sensible points.  I've said very similar over the past few months, regarding her lateness.  It's easy for a fan to say, "then don't go", or say "you're not a true fan" or what not for your criticisms, but Queen or not, most people other than some few fans who will defend her no matter what will see that she's taking advantage of her status as an entertainer.  Sure, there are some other entertainers who are known to be late, but ask yourself, are that successful anymore?  Madonna's touring is a huge part of her income these days.  She's definitely risking her touring career by showing up so late. 

3 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Thank you! 

The fact they moved the start time and she still cannot make it and makes them wait hours without a phone and no heads up when she'll be on. It's literally disrespect for your own audience. Super fans may like that because they'll see their idol no matter what but super fans alone cannot sustain tours or profits when it comes to booking stadiums, arenas or future shows, you need the general public to some degree on your side. But these people think the world revolves them and only their ticket and their "Well, you can leave, no one cares, go to bed, cry baby" mentality somehow makes them feel superior when they are only playing themselves.

People have jobs to go to, children that are probably with sitters, and other things besides waiting additional hours for a show but it's Madonna, of course. Apparently she gets a past for her behavior. The whole theater is not made of super fans or die hards, a good chunk are casuals or people wanting to see the Madonna they last remember. People will let it known that they are upset or tired of waiting. They aren't going to bow and accept any one liner or insult from Madonna because she's "ironic" either. She's shown contempt to her own bread and butter by insulting them on numerous shows and making fun of those who have left. Can you blame them? Waiting hours for a late show isn't something a lot of people are going to do. At MDNA, people were pissed and annoyed she never came on. The poor theater people who have to deal with this and stay later than usual because of the late start times is also a big issue.

Exactly, voicing your displeasure or disagreement shouldn't question whether you're a fan or not. It's becoming a trend on forums that you must either love everything and never be critical of anything because you're "a troll, not a true fan, a Gaga stan, Kylie fan." It's really annoying at this point. I can imagine how the poor mods and other members feel when they can't voice anything. 

Most people aren't giving her a pass.  There is, however, a difference between voicing your displeasure appropriately to her social media/management/the box office if it bothers you that much vs. screaming endlessly all night about how she sucks, disrupting the show further and worsening your own and everyone else's experience.  The only people who hear the hecklers are the audience around you and the theatre employees, who are already suffering.  Just because Madonna has no manners doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with even worse behavior.  She herself has said she can't actually hear anything people say to her with her in-ear monitors unless she points her microphone at them, so guess what, she isn't the one who is bothered or caring at that present moment.

Fact, there are actually a lot of trolls at these shows because the tickets are NOT all super expensive.  Or haven't you seen all the discounted tickets every night because people already don't want to put up with it?  People who buy them know what they're getting, but even if they don't, there are PLENTY of casuals who pick up cheap tickets just so they can say they saw Madonna in a theater.

It seems most of the people who are complaining so vociferously about the right to heckle haven't actually attended a show.  As someone who has attended a show with a bad vibe, I can tell you that after having made the decision to stay after making arrangements to attend and waiting and then the show starting...  what is more annoying:

a)  The fact that Madonna is late when that is already done with

b)  The fact that people can't stop being attention seekers and fist-pumping, smirking, and otherwise acting like they're hot shit by screaming you suck every other minute (news flash, this doesn't make you cool or classy)

c)  The fact that you might have to actually disrupt your own show experience to go get a security guard to get said trolls to STFU because just because you attend, does not give you the right to insert yourself disruptively into the show experience FOR EVERYONE ELSE

3 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Most people aren't giving her a pass.  There is, however, a difference between voicing your displeasure appropriately to her social media/management/the box office if it bothers you that much vs. screaming endlessly all night about how she sucks, disrupting the show further and worsening your own and everyone else's experience.  The only people who hear the hecklers are the audience around you and the theatre employees, who are already suffering.  Just because Madonna has no manners doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with even worse behavior.  She herself has said she can't actually hear anything people say to her with her in-ear monitors unless she points her microphone at them, so guess what, she isn't the one who is bothered or caring at that present moment.

Fact, there are actually a lot of trolls at these shows because the tickets are NOT all super expensive.  Or haven't you seen all the discounted tickets every night because people already don't want to put up with it?  People who buy them know what they're getting, but even if they don't, there are PLENTY of casuals who pick up cheap tickets just so they can say they saw Madonna in a theater.

It seems most of the people who are complaining so vociferously about the right to heckle haven't actually attended a show.  As someone who has attended a show with a bad vibe, I can tell you that after having made the decision to stay after making arrangements to attend and waiting and then the show starting...  what is more annoying:

a)  The fact that Madonna is late when that is already done with

b)  The fact that people can't stop being attention seekers and fist-pumping, smirking, and otherwise acting like they're hot shit by screaming you suck every other minute (news flash, this doesn't make you cool or classy)

c)  The fact that you might have to actually disrupt your own show experience to go get a security guard to get said trolls to STFU because just because you attend, does not give you the right to insert yourself disruptively into the show experience FOR EVERYONE ELSE

1. Guy very rarely listens to the fans and Madonna only responds on Instagram when she's being attacked to make some commentary point on a theme or subject. She'll largely ignore criticism about the late times and at most she finds humor and a dry sense of responding to it as "I'm worth it, come to my show." Guy has blocked fans for recommending to fix her YouTube channel of all things.

2. She can definitely hear. She has proven that by responding and engaging with the people calling her out, asking her to sing the hits, to shut up and sing. She also notices people leaving so let's not act like people showing their disappointment and anger isn't being displayed or heard before her very eyes and ears. The theater also suffers working long hours and the atmosphere created by her lateness. Somehow, you didn't mention that and seem to shift focus to the people heckling not to the person and/or parties responsible for the lateness.

3. The initial tickets were expensive. The others are discounted or sold right before showtime. People are going to show to see Madonna. Granted, some might be trolls but the majority are there either to see Madonna as they remember and to hear hits, the fans who want to see the Madame X songs brought to life and casuals in Vegas simply to see it but let's not act like all those upset are simply trolls or another fanbase fans looking to get a headline.

4. People have attended those shows, I know I have but they weren't theater based or smaller venues. Madonna is bound to draw mixed reactions due to the themes and subject matter of her work. When she discusses politics, things are bound to get iffy. At the MDNA show I went to, people booed her when she spoke about Obama, the right to vote as long as you vote for him, and it got ugly in the triangle and she acknowledge it by looking at the female shouting insults at Madonna. But the show went on, in the theaters its easier to notice due to the smaller scale and it becomes an issue but you cannot expect people to hold in their contempt or wanting to let her know they're not fools. She also engages with them as well, so neither is frankly winning over the other.

14 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Very good point.  Those who quickly defend her, should think again when they say, "then don't go!".   Mimicking Madonna isn't going to change the fact that she's may be sabotaging her touring career.

And thank you to @thelioncourtheart_ You make very sensible points.  I've said very similar over the past few months, regarding her lateness.  It's easy for a fan to say, "then don't go", or say "you're not a true fan" or what not for your criticisms, but Queen or not, most people other than some few fans who will defend her no matter what will see that she's taking advantage of her status as an entertainer.  Sure, there are some other entertainers who are known to be late, but ask yourself, are that successful anymore?  Madonna's touring is a huge part of her income these days.  She's definitely risking her touring career by showing up so late. 

Thank you again! When she has issues booking larger venues without resorting to a full-fledged greatest hits tour, those fans will remember whom they attacked about "don't go." Sure, the public doesn't support her new material because they want the same hits they loved made again and again and don't want their favorite artists moving outside of their comfort zone. We've accepted that radio and most shows won't play her or give the same playing field as other contemporary acts and we know there's a huge target on her back by male patriarchy wanting her to play it safe and go the way of older acts relying on their back catalog. However, as I said in the earlier post, die hards and fans aren't enough with tours and other means especially when Madonna's main income is her touring career. Perhaps she doesn't need it anymore and she's fulfilled her Live Nation contract but the rule is to always respect the consumer so they make repeated business. Late starts, insults, high prices, cancellations (yes some are health and beyond her control) and little consideration to the audience is not going to mesh well in the long run for future projects unless it caters to simply nostalgia.

8 hours ago, Synchrone said:

I loved the entire show but IDSIF, Batuka, frozen, extreme occident, come alive really stood out. Medellin was perfection! I don’t know how to explain this but her dancing looks so much tighter live than when you see her in a performance. I was really in awe of her dancing and how limber she is.

I was able to get this last minute ticket thanks to someone on this forum. Thank you again and that’s why this forum is so special :)

? All my pleasure!!! 

10 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

I think it would be a hard case since yes she started late but she still have a full show, Ticketmaster doesn’t care about us and will probably give a generic statement that things happen beyond control. Someone like Lauryn Hill who is also notoriously late will perform like 3 songs and then leave. I’ve looked it up before with Lauryn but I’ve never found evidence that people actually get refunded.

That’s terrible! It’s a shame people can’t seem to even sue in this case. Like imagine ordering Pizza and receiving it 3 hours later every time with no grounds for appeal or cancellation or refunds or receiving only three slices or getting it cold and not fresh. 

Part of me thinks she is doing it on purpose to start late.

But yeah, her management needs to kick her ass a bit about getting on stage on time.

Especially considering even SHE would be livid if anyone kept her waiting for 3 hours.

That empathy she sings about in "Killers Who Are Partying" needs to be put to good use.

7 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

Again, some fans will continue to defend her.  That's fine.  But the real "F.A.C.T.S"  show that her touring days may be cut short or lose a lot of money because of her flippant attitude over being late.  "F.A.C.T.S." are that she wouldn't wait around for someone for 4 to 5 hours. 

23 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think the "queen" thing has gone too far. "Bitch she's Madonna she can do whatever she wants" has to end. She needs to be more respectful of her public - because she is losing her fans - and she probably needs more mature advisors. For some reasons it looks like she is out of control, from Guy's posts you get the impression that he trues to give advice but he can't do anything.

It's truly sad.  I'm one of those fans who she's turning off.  At least, from going to her shows.  I'll always enjoy her music.  I'll defend her in many cases, but not for this.  It's quite disappointing when we know that she's been known for promptness especially earlier in her career or even when she was on a set of a film.  We also know that Madonna would be furious if she was left waiting for hours for anything.  She's not being respectful or mindful of her fans who have lives outside of what should be a two hour show.  Not only that, there are those who work for her or for the venues she's not being respectful or mindful of.

And I believe Guy is probably very frustrated at this point.  There is no doubt in my mind that he thinks this is proper behavior from an artist he manages.  I suspect this is why we hear less of him when it comes to promoting Madonna. If we recall, he used to always promote her on social media.  Not this era!  You have to wonder if he's just taken the back seat, knowing he can't advise her that she's ruining her career.

I always liked her being provocative, going against everyone: teenage abortion, kissing a kid on the mouth, burning crosses, orgy in a Parisian hotel, Swarovski crucifixion.

But this is not going against society, it's just being arrogant and selfish. But there must be something behind this. Você pensa que eu sou louca?

I spent all night waitin' up
It's gon' be the last night I wait up for you 

14 hours ago, stefo said:

M JUST POSTED in her stories  A VID WITH TWO SCREENS WITH THE FRONT AND LATERAL PERSPECTIVES. What do you think, simple theatre inside cameras or she's starting to record the show?

I think she should do one of those live show broadcasts in cinemas. Like they do with the operas etc... 

13 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

1. Guy very rarely listens to the fans and Madonna only responds on Instagram when she's being attacked to make some commentary point on a theme or subject. She'll largely ignore criticism about the late times and at most she finds humor and a dry sense of responding to it as "I'm worth it, come to my show." Guy has blocked fans for recommending to fix her YouTube channel of all things.

4. She also engages with them as well, so neither is frankly winning over the other.

Responding to your points:

1. Agree 100%, he is the worst. I remember buying VIP tickets £400 for RIT thinking first five rows or something. When the tickets were confirmed I was 20th row. I emailed Caresse Henry to ask her if there was anything that could be done and within two days, a set of four new tickets arrived for second row. I send her a lovely thank you email to which she replied because I wasn't expecting it and I thought it was such a lovely thing to do. She was such a great manager.

4. Again, I agree 100% and in actual fact, that video she just posted about a Queen never being late is just further antagonising people.

I was so happy when RHT came to Glasgow as I knew I would only have around 30 min travelling time. It was a Sunday night and as Primary School Teacher, there was no way I could have taken the Monday off or arrived late (haha ironically). The show finished around 11.45pm and I was crazy high but that Monday in work I was shattered. Luckily for me it was near Xmas time so we were winding down in the classroom, but I feel sorry for people who are due at work next day and expected to do a full shift.

The prices, the start times and the amount of tickets unsold for London are some of the main reasons this will be the first tour I've missed since DWT. After I costed it all up, it was working out about £450 cheaper for me going to Florida for two weeks next July which I'd rather do! Also, first album for me that I haven't really enjoyed majority of the songs.

Actually I don't remember Glasgow being a "bad night". Although everyone around me, especially the lady sitting next to me, was drunk and I was a little scared! Holuday with no light and sound was GREAT, a unique moment. But please note this very very late RHT show finished EARLIER than MXT Vegas show started!! It was a lot worse with MDNA Nice or RHT Turin, where we had to wait STANDING for hours!

Last question @Alan LeggateAre there so many unsold tickets in London? TM doesn't show you the theatre plan, but I think the situation is different than US shows. It looks like it's almost sold out, but I may be wrong...

• Enrico unfeatured this topic