Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

That's what I meant. The fact that many are critical and taking a stand shouldn't make you happy either.

Why shouldn't it? It's a good thing that people become conscious to bad practices, whether it's this concert or any other bad practice, rather than shutting down other with stupid statements like "well then don't go" or "she's the queen" or "go stan some mediocre girl from today", or always giving them a pass and thereby enabling this behavior to go on.

I never understood why they changed the chord progression in the choir section.

This made the song much darker.

One of my favourite renditions remains Hope for Haiti. But I agree, the song needs a little update...

The MXT version is probably the worst, musically speaking, pity cause she has great musicians who could have easily reworked it, plus the Batukadeiras. But, as@scionsaid, that drum loop ruins everything. This version for instance is close to the original but adds more "gospel feel":

This piano cover (not talking about vocals) proves that it can become a solid ballad:

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Why shouldn't it? It's a good thing that people become conscious to bad practices, whether it's this concert or any other bad practice, rather than shutting down other with stupid statements like "well then don't go" or "she's the queen" or "go stan some mediocre girl from today", or always giving them a pass and thereby enabling this behavior to go on.

Madonna would soon not tour at all than be told what time she should go on stage ! She really is at that stage in her career where she really does not care sadly it’s almost like she does not have a manager anymore ! 

Whether it's bad practice or not, its not for any one if us to make her change. She has earned the right to do whatever she wants with her career. Just because you don't like the direction she has taken doesn't mean you are in a position to force her to change. So what if she ends up performing to empty car parks. So be it. My love for her is not dependent on how popular or successful she is. But hey, that's just me. Can't wait to see her in London. Hopefully she goes on at 1am so half the people leave and I can get closer to my Idol and have a beer with her while she belittles me in front of everyone.

I remember the time when I attended one show in Chile for the MDNA Tour. She started the show at 11.30 pm and worst of all, it was raining. As a consequence, she cut the first segment of the show and the audience was really upset about it, resulting some fans leaving the stadium when she was performing “EY”. Tickets were not totally refunded! Just a little percentage of it. I thought that after her lateness in 2012, she’d have stopped! It seems that no one is telling her that fans don’t deserve to leave the theater at 2 am, it’s not safe for them, and even for her health. People complaining about her not singing hits, is something completely different.  ?

I’m not seeing in her London now if this is her attitude to her fans - that pathetic speech about “ a queen is never late “ - imagine if she had come out and the whole arena had left - she wouldn’t have been such an arrogant narcissist ***t then would she ? Disgraceful lack of respect for the people who have paid a lot to see her ??

4 hours ago, Bel said:

Like a Prayer must be performed the way it was recorded, the album version is the best version, strong and powerful but Madonna insists in "destroying" this song live every single time, the only live version of this song that is good is the Blond Ambition one.

Like a Prayer is a Pop rock not a Dance song.

In my opinion this Reinvention version is just bad as the others 

And of course she is needing a great band and musical director, she doesn't have any of that right now.

U know why the versions of lap are bad? It’s because of her voice. She doesn’t sing them the way she did back in the day. She went from that beautiful deep r&b voice to the high pitched britney spears style. She really did sound like a black artist back in the day. That’s why us black people really loved her. After bedtime stories she lost her connection with her black audience. 
I guess she really believes she sounds bomb. ??‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Bel said:

Of course she's been singing the song with a different voice but the bad arrangements and the lack of a good band are also big problems.

The musical director nowadays has had some good ideas here and there, but not a lot of them, there's a lot of basic trendy arrangements that do absolutely nothing for her live shows :/

4 minutes ago, Bel said:

Of course she's been singing the song with a different voice but the bad arrangements and the lack of a good band are also big problems.

Personally, I loved the RIT and STICKY AND SWEET versions.  I thought she sounded great in that RIT video you posted above.  And that STICKY AND SWEET version kicked ass.  A lot of energy in that one. 

The MDNA version was not that great, but the energy in the room was high with the crowds singing along. 

6 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Personally, I loved the RIT and STICKY AND SWEET versions.  I thought she sounded great in that RIT video you posted above.  And that STICKY AND SWEET version kicked ass.  A lot of energy in that one. 

The MDNA version was not that great, but the energy in the room was high with the crowds singing along. 

It reminded me of karaoke (MDNA).

S&S was brilliant in a way, but it's literally like a completely different song, and it's hard to say how good she sounded because most performances were all like 70% track with her voice quietly in the mix. 

I do wish ROL would return though. 

I loooove the Sticky & Sweet Tour one. I can only imagine being in a stadium with that high energy remix and the 50,000+ people singing along!

MDNA Tour one is a fave too, after the singalong part how she sings it like ‘Wen you cull my name’ instead of emphasizing her words just gives me such chills for some reason I dunno why I love that part so much.

8 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

I loooove the Sticky & Sweet Tour one. I can only imagine being in a stadium with that high energy remix and the 50,000+ people singing along!

MDNA Tour one is a fave too, after the singalong part how she sings it like ‘Wen you cull my name’ instead of emphasizing her words just gives me such chills for some reason I dunno why I love that part so much.

It literally reminds me of karaoke. 

I also never understood why the last repeat of the first verse is so much deeper than the first verse intro...

Have you guys ever heard Like a Prayer 2004 opening night?

its... incredible. It's so good it sounds like playback but it isn't. I'd say it's the only time she's ever sounded AMAZING singing the song.

I won MADAME X tickets via Icon contest today for tomorrow night in Vegas!!! :))

I will pick up them at the Colosseum box office tomorrow night. 

Do you know where the winners are usually placed in the theatre? Good seat? Orchestra?

Edited by FLORELIE (see edit history)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic