Madame X Tour| Las Vegas

Voguerista

14 minutes ago, scion said:

The show is missing two classics for me...

Personally id scrap the chattering,  Crazy and one of the Portugese songs (Not Sodade) and add two oldies. 

That's only me though :)

I don't mind the chattering, as long as she isn't just complaining or just being crabby.  I love the fact she sits on a fans lap and talk with them, even if it ends up being a bit of banter. 

I'm not bothered one bit by the set list either.  She's never been the sort of artist that simply relies on her oldies to put on a great show.  Besides, I'm sure there will come a time in a future tour where she will focus on all those hit songs.  Eventually, she'll realize that a tour of all her greatest hits will probably be a profitable gain for her.

10 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I wish she removes the two cover songs and skips the chat, Polaroid and beer part and adds Easy Ride, Looking for Mercy, Bad Girl, The Power of Goodbye, Beautiful Killer and Wash All Over Me.

She was asked to do Bad Girl once during RHT but shot it down because she didn't remember the words.

18 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

I really don't understand being late when you perform a series of concert at one venue. It litterally cannot be easier not to be late lol. Imagine being stuck in a theater without a cell phone for 2 hours. I would be bored to death.

'IM NOT OUT BACK PAINTING MY NAILS AND EATING CHOCOLATES. IF YOU BITCHS DONT LIKE IT, GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY SHOW'

or words to that effect in Manchester 2015.

20 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

I really don't understand being late when you perform a series of concert at one venue. It litterally cannot be easier not to be late lol. Imagine being stuck in a theater without a cell phone for 2 hours. I would be bored to death.

you would think so.

we are all interested in the reasons why she shows up so late every night.

wouldn't it be just easier for her to push back the start of the show for 2 hours and have everyone informed by their ticket provider?

Edited by nodoman (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, nodoman said:

you would think so.

wouldn't it be just easier for her to push back the start of the show for 2 hours and have everyone informed by their ticket provider?

Was she ever on time though? When it all started? Was she that late for Sticky & Sweet Tour too?

45 minutes ago, nodoman said:

you would think so.

That is what eventually happened when she was arriving on stage until 10:30 or 11 when people expected her to be on stage between 8:30 and 9.  People were being warned before hand by ticket providers or the venue, she won't appear until 10:30.  But then she started getting later and later than that.  So it seems to me whatever time people think she will arrive, she will still arrive later. 

28 minutes ago, scion said:

Yes she was. 

Sticky in Manchester was 21:35. Showtime was advertised as 20:30.

Keep in mind, that was a rarity for her at this point in her touring career.  No one was bothered by her showing up late on a few occasions.  Though, it really started getting out of hand with MDNA.  Rebel Heart wasn't as bad though.  This time out, it seems she's excessively late every night.  

I really don't understand why she has to come on so late, even if she slept all day and got up at 4pm, she could still start her show at 8:30/9pm. I do wonder if her coming on so late is just her going, I'm Madonna, I'll do what I want, keep complaining and I'll keep coming on late. 

But, as long as people still buy tickets and still pack out the venues, she's not going to change :)

4 hours ago, MarXus said:

Keep in mind, that was a rarity for her at this point in her touring career.  No one was bothered by her showing up late on a few occasions.  Though, it really started getting out of hand with MDNA.  Rebel Heart wasn't as bad though.  This time out, it seems she's excessively late every night.  

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the Manchester Sticky and Sweet date was the same day as Michael Jackson’s funeral, which only ended at 9.15pm UK time. She referenced this in her speech prior to You Must Love Me later in the evening.

23 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I really don't understand why she has to come on so late, even if she slept all day and got up at 4pm, she could still start her show at 8:30/9pm. I do wonder if her coming on so late is just her going, I'm Madonna, I'll do what I want, keep complaining and I'll keep coming on late. 

But, as long as people still buy tickets and still pack out the venues, she's not going to change :)

I'm pretty sure there is a real explanation (health/family/or just bad organisation)

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I think it's a deliberate choice. It's clearly not health or family, as it's happened since the MDNA tour :)

I feel like it has a lot to do with disorganization. I mean, every first date in each city has either been rescheduled/cancelled. And it seems like the first shows are always the most messy. 

25 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I think it's a deliberate choice. It's clearly not health or family, as it's happened since the MDNA tour :)

Episode 4 GIF by BBC Three

Her lateness since the MDNA Tour is quite variable.

During the MDNA Tour she was quite on time and came on stage between 9.00 P.M. and 10.00 P.M. She was really late sometimes but it was justified (or they tried to) such as in Miami with the filming 

During the RHT she has started to arrive (really) late after the beginning of the "Rocco Gate"

As for the MXT, the only valuable reason for her lateness that I see is her knee injury (longer warm-up ???).

• Enrico unfeatured this topic