Poll: Favorite song: Holiday or Into the Groove?

geert

Poll: Favorite song: Holiday or Into the Groove?  

38 members voted

1. 1. Poll: Favorite song: Holiday or Into the Groove?

• Holiday
    • Into the Groove

Into The Groove!!!

The bridge is life. One of my favorite lyrics ever in music — just like @Enricosaid and many have said before, the song and for me, the bridge wonderfully sums up MADONNA and what she is all about. Makes me wanna cry everytime I hear that part ugh :crown:

I'm not musically trained. What section of Into the Groove is the bridge? 

Is it this section? 

Music can be such a revelation
Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation
We might be lovers if the rhythm's right
I hope this feeling never ends tonight

Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free
At night I lock the doors, where no one else can see
I'm tired of dancing here all by myself

into the groove madonna GIF

6 hours ago, Ashley Nichols said:

I'm not musically trained. What section of Into the Groove is the bridge? 

Is it this section? 

Music can be such a revelation
Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation
We might be lovers if the rhythm's right
I hope this feeling never ends tonight

Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free
At night I lock the doors, where no one else can see
I'm tired of dancing here all by myself

into the groove madonna GIF

The sections you're referring to are the verses :thumbsup:

The bridge is when a change in chord progression occurs, sometimes with a more melodic or melancholic melody/chord progression/riff with a sudden "turn" in lyrics or sentiment (though not always the case). It could be an emphasis of the point of the song or a buildup to a more climactic part of the song until it ends.

In the case of "Into The Groove" the bridge would easily be during Live out your fantasy here with me... which is the perfect example of a quintessential upbeat yet melancholic Madonna pop song! It's just so ecstatic. IDK if people understand me lol... the vocal harmonies on the bridge too make it 20x sweeter.

Definitely one of the greatest songs in pop ever! :cute:

9 minutes ago, ilocanopapi said:

The bridge is when a change in chord progression occurs, sometimes with a more melodic or melancholic melody/chord progression/riff with a sudden "turn" in lyrics or sentiment (though not always the case). It could be an emphasis of the point of the song or a buildup to a more climactic part of the song until it ends.

In the case of "Into The Groove" the bridge would easily be during Live out your fantasy here with me... which is the perfect example of a quintessential upbeat yet melancholic Madonna pop song! It's just so ecstatic. IDK if people understand me lol... the vocal harmonies on the bridge too make it 20x sweeter.

Ahh thanks! :)

21 hours ago, ilocanopapi said:

For all "Into The Groove" lovers and lovers of 80s music/synth, here's a thorough analysis/breakdown of this euphoric dance pop classic. It's just so good! Enjoy! :hearteyes:

THIS IS AMAZING! THANK YOU! :D

jean paul gaultier 80s GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 12:18 AM, ilocanopapi said:

Beautifully said.   Madonna is a master when it comes to providing bridges to her songs.  From what I recall, she was the one who came up with the bridge on her own when they were first writing it.

• 3 weeks later...