cosmicarlo818

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cosmicarlo818

Hello Madonna-InfiniFam! Sorry for not being on here since the first L.A. show on November 13th! I had been so worked up and anxious regarding the November 14th show (2nd show) which I attended and let me just tell you now... (this is for you guys @Voguerista@RUADJAI@Zaktkoons@scion@stfan97and all y'all amazing people on here!) MADONNA WAS ON FIRE THE ENTIRE SHOW! And guess what? I was able to touch her wrist/hand during "I Rise" as she exited the theater! Oh my God! The whole experience wa

stefo

This is THE man I would dream her to work with for a future theatre show (if he could ever accept her proposal), the uncomparable Dimitris Papaioannou. I attended two of his shows and I remember them among the best theatre experiences of my entire life, in wich I studied and performed as actor for some years and constantly went to see spectacles. If you have a few minutes watch some fragments of his profound and inspirational work.      

GodControl

So jealous of these LA shows, which definitely have been the best ones! I attended some in NY , but nothing compares to them, found this review from last night. “”So fucking amazing tonight. Beyond. Best LA  crowd. Special night.  at 10:30 there was an announcement that a problem with the projections was going to cause a late start time. 5 minutes later the same announcement. The good news is that it started at 11:05 so no one cared. We were super informed. she seemed rattled duri

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

These dates, even if they are half full, can still make up at least one arena show. When there is one show per city that people have heard and got tickets for 6 months prior, they will be able to make time for that opportunity, also with the right promo, the tour could’ve been way bigger.

No, they couldn't.  There's no way they could sell this tour to even a half-arena crowd, especially starting at post-11pm vs. 9:30pm on the RHT.  A lot of her sales are to fans going to multiple nights.  Even as a big fan, I can admit the setlist isn't going to draw anyone who doesn't either want to go to an intimate show to say they've gone or isn't already a big fan to begin with.  The GP doesn't care at all about Madame X the album or watching a 2 hour political statement (the people around me said she's preaching to the choir, which is totally true).  The setlist and stage setup wouldn't work in an arena or have the same impact.

That said, the theater experience is a once in a lifetime privilege with M.  I'm glad I went.

37 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

No, they couldn't.  There's no way they could sell this tour to even a half-arena crowd, especially starting at post-11pm vs. 9:30pm on the RHT.  A lot of her sales are to fans going to multiple nights.  Even as a big fan, I can admit the setlist isn't going to draw anyone who doesn't either want to go to an intimate show to say they've gone or isn't already a big fan to begin with.  The GP doesn't care at all about Madame X the album or watching a 2 hour political statement (the people around me said she's preaching to the choir, which is totally true).  The setlist and stage setup wouldn't work in an arena or have the same impact.

That said, the theater experience is a once in a lifetime privilege with M.  I'm glad I went.

Well it wasn't just a change of venue that I suggested doing. I also mentioned her appearing quite late among other things. If this was an arena tour, it could've involved more songs, a bigger stage, add 2-3 more tracks, replace some underwhelming stuff like the two covers and the lengthy talks with old hits and some forgotten gems, bring in some great production and you've got yourself a great show that everyone cares to see.

It didn't need to be a 2 hour political statement. I appreciate her creating an album with a message, but that doesn't mean she should forget about the music and replace it with just statements. I wouldn't want this stage anywhere, not in a theater or an arena. It's simplistic, it's ugly and it's like it belongs to a show from the 80s or Kate Bush. Not someone like Madonna who brought the largest screens and the best tech and latest dance techniques of the year, for each tour.

She already did the politics and chit chat thing in Tears of a Clown and that should've been it. Hell, the 7 songs version of MDNA at Olympia was a hell of a lot better than this.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, digitalfreaknyc said:

From the two pics above...the reaction is clear.

what reaction may that be ? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

that Madonna is over ? nobody wants to see her ? her concerts suck ? 

CHECK the box scores for Nyc - its not a failure like you hope it to do ...sorry ...

Edited by bobby smith (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bobby smith said:

what reaction may that be ? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

that Madonna is over ? nobody wants to see her ? her concerts suck ? 

CHECK the box scores for Nyc - its not a failure like you hope it to do ...sorry ...

You're beating a non complimentary dead horse here.  Some people are best to be ignored. :silly:

Update!

Got my full refund for the cancelled Nov 12th L.A. show! Went ahead and bought tickets for the Nov 14th L.A. show (Nov 13th looked less packed than Nov 14th on Ticketmaster hence I chose that show just to be safe ugh lol)

Literally holding my breath until Nov 14th — when I know she didn’t cancel! Lol walking on eggshells I swear :suffer:

3 hours ago, ilocanopapi said:

Update!

Got my full refund for the cancelled Nov 12th L.A. show! Went ahead and bought tickets for the Nov 14th L.A. show (Nov 13th looked less packed than Nov 14th on Ticketmaster hence I chose that show just to be safe ugh lol)

Literally holding my breath until Nov 14th — when I know she didn’t cancel! Lol walking on eggshells I swear :suffer:

It will be ok. I just know it. Fingers crossed everything will work out. Have a blast. Can't wait to read your review after the show.????

39 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

My shows are approaching so quickly I can't shake off the anxiety and excitement. I can't wait. I promise to give the most detailed review I am capable of after the shows.

So excited for you? I can't wait to read your review. Do you know what you are going to wear? 

I've said this before. If M had hired a broadway or musical theatre production team who went through her entire music catalogue and selected songs which compliment the MX manifesto theme and selected the strongest songs from the MX album, then wrote a solid script which told the MX story and designed top notch sets and theatrics she could have pulled something magical off. 

It's obvious this show was put together fast and on the cheap. 

5 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

So excited for you? I can't wait to read your review. Do you know what you are going to wear? 

I've been debating between a few things. I'm a bit broke until I get to LA so it won't be much, but I have made a homemade Madame X eyepatch to wear at least. I had a few outfits I was looking at, but I just am not sure if I'll have time to get everything beforehand. I'll be sporting a Madonna shirt either way  lol

28 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

I've been debating between a few things. I'm a bit broke until I get to LA so it won't be much, but I have made a homemade Madame X eyepatch to wear at least. I had a few outfits I was looking at, but I just am not sure if I'll have time to get everything beforehand. I'll be sporting a Madonna shirt either way  lol

Sounds perfect. Keep us posted!! You will have a blast. ??????

On 10/26/2019 at 2:59 AM, ilocanopapi said:

Update!

Some swore she was going to cancel the Oct 27th show because even the morning of the show, there appeared to be about 1000 seats still available.  By showtime, it was solidly filled. 

38 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

I’m going to the show in la and this might sound like a strange request but could someone going to one of the first shows let me know if it is really hot in the theatre? I’m worried because I don’t tolerate closed spaces and heat really well lol..thank you!

I didn’t notice it in my first show in Chicago which is odd since I wore that jacket to show off all night ? but the second show where I was much closer it was so hot even before she began and about 5 songs in she said ‘It’s cold in here’ and it got so much warmer. Genius move I saw a few rows in front of me was a paper fan. 

1 hour ago, Synchrone said:

I’m going to the show in la and this might sound like a strange request but could someone going to one of the first shows let me know if it is really hot in the theatre? I’m worried because I don’t tolerate closed spaces and heat really well lol..thank you!

Have the best best time. Can't to hear all about it. I hope it doesn't get too hot. ?

2 hours ago, Synchrone said:

I definitely will let you know regarding the temperature conditions at The Wiltern. Going on the 2nd L.A. show so you guys will know the next day and I'll also try to put together a thorough review like everyone else has done so far :pray:

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic