Madame X Tour | Los Angeles

cosmicarlo818

On 11/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, stefo said:

This is THE man I would dream her to work with for a future theatre show (if he could ever accept her proposal), the uncomparable Dimitris Papaioannou. I attended two of his shows and I remember them among the best theatre experiences of my entire life, in wich I studied and performed as actor for some years and constantly went to see spectacles. If you have a few minutes watch some fragments of his profound and inspirational work.

Well there definitely could be more dick in the Madame X show for sure. 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cosmicarlo818

Hello Madonna-InfiniFam! Sorry for not being on here since the first L.A. show on November 13th! I had been so worked up and anxious regarding the November 14th show (2nd show) which I attended and let me just tell you now... (this is for you guys @Voguerista@RUADJAI@Zaktkoons@scion@stfan97and all y'all amazing people on here!) MADONNA WAS ON FIRE THE ENTIRE SHOW! And guess what? I was able to touch her wrist/hand during "I Rise" as she exited the theater! Oh my God! The whole experience wa

stefo

This is THE man I would dream her to work with for a future theatre show (if he could ever accept her proposal), the uncomparable Dimitris Papaioannou. I attended two of his shows and I remember them among the best theatre experiences of my entire life, in wich I studied and performed as actor for some years and constantly went to see spectacles. If you have a few minutes watch some fragments of his profound and inspirational work.      

GodControl

So jealous of these LA shows, which definitely have been the best ones! I attended some in NY , but nothing compares to them, found this review from last night. “”So fucking amazing tonight. Beyond. Best LA  crowd. Special night.  at 10:30 there was an announcement that a problem with the projections was going to cause a late start time. 5 minutes later the same announcement. The good news is that it started at 11:05 so no one cared. We were super informed. she seemed rattled duri

Posted Images

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Wow what a great clip madonna posted. Beautiful and in high quality....

That is great quality, and I hope the DVD footage will be as simplistic as that if we get one, and not as over-edited as the RHT DVD.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, Voguerista said:

A fun review from Madonna Tribe. Text below and link: 

MadonnaTribe reader Wil shares his experience from the opening night of Madonna’s Madame X theatre show at the Wiltern in Los Angeles.

This is a great show. I’ve been with her this whole ride and she continues to set the precedence for how pop stars present their music. I can’t think of another female artist who could have put together this show. I don’t even think Gaga is there yet. I love Gaga, but this is a show that is the culmination of 40 years touring the world and writing music. This show comes from life experience.

This is Madonna’s Hamilton.

Thanks to Wil.

I adore Madonna. But Kate Bush did it in 2014 with Before The Dawn.

That is a perfect DVD example. Also, it is clear she is singing over a backing track, I have no problems with this (considering the dancing as well). As long as I can hear her singing live in part, but when the completely edit it to make it sound like she's dancing and singing note perfect is when it's just a waste of money.

Does anyone remember the incident in MDNA during Girl Gone Wild and she knocked the microphone out of the dancers hand while the backing track played full blast....

1 hour ago, stefo said:

OFF TOPIC, just to share a shameful news: only one Grammy Nomination for Madonna: Best Remix for I Rise (Tracy Young). Seriously?!

She wouldn’t even get the award added to her name, Tracy would. Like how David Guetta’s remix of Revolver won in 2011.

9 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

That is a perfect DVD example. Also, it is clear she is singing over a backing track, I have no problems with this (considering the dancing as well). As long as I can hear her singing live in part, but when the completely edit it to make it sound like she's dancing and singing note perfect is when it's just a waste of money.

Does anyone remember the incident in MDNA during Girl Gone Wild and she knocked the microphone out of the dancers hand while the backing track played full blast....

Only the whispering/heavy vocoded "Wake up" parts are with the backing track. Most of this song, as well as the show are live, even if with some vocal effects/autotune. 

12 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

Wasn't a backing track though, it was an complete prerecorded vocal track. That's what made it so cringey.

3 hours ago, Zaktkoons said:

Only the whispering/heavy vocoded "Wake up" parts are with the backing track. Most of this song, as well as the show are live, even if with some vocal effects/autotune. 

I'd disagree. Even Papa Don't Preach sounds like a new recorded vocal to me, but I've only heard it a few times. There's definitely pitch correction all over it if it's live.

remember a lot of fans thought that song was live on RIT but for 75% of the tour including Lisbon it was a new taped live vocal, same with Into The Groove (which was then mined on S&S (first verse) and RHT (most shows).

hidden tapes everywhere. While I'd agree that the show is mostly live, there are moments in this show that very much sound like prerecorded live vocals, PDP being one of them... and unfortunately Like a Prayer not being lmao.

2 hours ago, scion said:

I'd disagree. Even Papa Don't Preach sounds like a new recorded vocal to me, but I've only heard it a few times. There's definitely pitch correction all over it if it's live.

remember a lot of fans thought that song was live on RIT but for 75% of the tour including Lisbon it was a new taped live vocal, same with Into The Groove (which was then mined on S&S (first verse) and RHT (most shows).

hidden tapes everywhere. While I'd agree that the show is mostly live, there are moments in this show that very much sound like prerecorded live vocals, PDP being one of them... and unfortunately Like a Prayer not being lmao.

Future I definitely think is pre recorded vocals, I didn't notice any difference between my two shows. IDK about PDP. But I do think the majority is sung live

35 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

Future I definitely think is pre recorded vocals, I didn't notice any difference between my two shows. IDK about PDP. But I do think the majority is sung live

Future definitely is not pre recorded vocals.  It is different in each of the audio recordings.

8 hours ago, Zaktkoons said:

Papa Don't Preach is 100% playback. You can tell by the tone, but I've also looked at a few videos/audios now. 100% playback.

Hola mis amores! I saw Madame X for the 2nd time! I attended the 11/20 show last night (or earlier today lol) and it was again simply amazing! Madonna truly has been killing it here in la Ciudad de Los Ángeles! I am so proud of her!

"Sodade" has now been cut. One friend who supposedly had some insider info told me before the show that the 11/17 and 11/19 shows had "Sodade" cut per Guy Oseary's suggestion, apparently telling M the show runs long. What the hell? I don't know any fact-basis to this, but we lost "Sodade." "Fado Pechincha" is still sung though, yay because of those vocals! Madonna kept the same energy, same humor, same setlist, same banters with minor differences. She is happy as hell!

So omg I got to sneak up so many times close to the pit and some of the pesky security people didn't even notice. Some of the Floor 2 people let me crouch even just to stay for a bit and see a closer glimpse of her during the beer bitch banter, "Extreme Occident" and during "Come Alive" which is still my favorite!!!!

Some dark haired girl named Kimmy Cardayshaun was the beer bitch. I was about 20 feet away behind them when Madonna was talking to her. Madonna actually sat down next to her on a chair at the very front row next to the stage stairs and I was just there crouching among the Floor 2 people lol (they were so nice to me.) I think that girl's sister Kartney or whatever her name was was there too. I guess this girl was Madonna's neighbor here in L.A. growing up and she talked about how they used to walk Madonna's dogs as little girls. After the beer bitch banter the Kimmy girl went back to Floor 2 which was her actual section and she was pretty much 8 feet from where I was crouching. Eh. That girl talked really monotonously and boring-ly. 

But Madonna was so beautiful during those times I sneaked up! "Come Alive" was truly glorious! I brought a special person to the show last night and he said that "Come Alive" was otherworldly. I'm so lucky I got to sneak up closer this time. She's so damn beautiful! 

"Frozen" again was magnificent and haunting! We were all cheering for Lola the whole time hahaha! Madonna's vocals during "Frozen" you guys... wow. Just wow! "Like A Prayer" was again a communal, spiritual experience during the show.

"I Rise" of course ended the show and again, Madonna passed by us on the aisle! So damn close! I didn't get to touch her cause there was security in front of me when she was passing by, but she passed by us! My friend who I brought was overcome with emotion and shock, he started tearing up! I was just in shock like usual and didn't even realize it happened.

The show was maybe even better than the last one I attended on 11/14.

Madonna is so amazing! Killing it! Madame X is a success!

• Enrico unfeatured this topic