Madame X Tour Boxscore Updates

Voguerista

• 3 weeks later...

I think, as in UK, for the RH tour, MDNA tour etc. they are faking the sold out. This is not fair, at least make the price lower the day before the show, to make a real sold out. I don't understand why they do like this, it's nothing to do with Madonna, sold out shows etc. many people are not going because of the money issue so where is the sense in have empty sits instead of discounted ones? 

16 minutes ago, GhosttownMDNA said:

I think, as in UK, for the RH tour, MDNA tour etc. they are faking the sold out. This is not fair, at least make the price lower the day before the show, to make a real sold out. I don't understand why they do like this, it's nothing to do with Madonna, sold out shows etc. many people are not going because of the money issue so where is the sense in have empty sits instead of discounted ones? 

i don't know the reason but comp tickets/upgrades seem to be preferred practice

On 11/27/2019 at 11:46 PM, vncsmoraes said:

I'm genuinely wondering: how do they fake sell-outs? Doesn't Billboard check those?

As i understand it, Billboard just report the numbers that are given to them. The obvious discrepancy in some attendance totals compared to venue capacity, together with first hand experience from shows has lead some to speculate a sell out number is anything equal to or higher than a target figure the promoter had in mind. This seems like a reasonable theory but really that's all it is. So basically a show is sold out when the promoter says it is.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:18 AM, apj said:

As i understand it, Billboard just report the numbers that are given to them. The obvious discrepancy in some attendance totals compared to venue capacity, together with first hand experience from shows has lead some to speculate a sell out number is anything equal to or higher than a target figure the promoter had in mind. This seems like a reasonable theory but really that's all it is. So basically a show is sold out when the promoter says it is.

The venue capacity thing is questionable, I guess. Depending on the stage and how many seats are put on sale for the floor section.

For example, the AT&T Stadium in Arlington has an 80,000 people capacity expandable to 105,000, but according to Billboard, Taylor Swift sold out two dates of her Reputation Tour with a total of 105,002 tickets sold (or 52,501 per night).

At first glance, this looks like a clear-cut case of tampering, but the second show was filmed for Netflix and you can clearly see everything except for obviously the seats behind the stage is filled.

...but again, even if the stage obscured, say, 1/4 (20,000) of the stadium, the floor would still get the number of available seats up from the 60,000 seats left on the stadium stands.

So yeah. I don't know how this works.

10 hours ago, vncsmoraes said:

The venue capacity thing is questionable, I guess. Depending on the stage and how many seats are put on sale for the floor section.

For example, the AT&T Stadium in Arlington has an 80,000 people capacity expandable to 105,000, but according to Billboard, Taylor Swift sold out two dates of her Reputation Tour with a total of 105,002 tickets sold (or 52,501 per night).

At first glance, this looks like a clear-cut case of tampering, but the second show was filmed for Netflix and you can clearly see everything except for obviously the seats behind the stage is filled.

...but again, even if the stage obscured, say, 1/4 (20,000) of the stadium, the floor would still get the number of available seats up from the 60,000 seats left on the stadium stands.

So yeah. I don't know how this works.

yeah it's not always easy to gauge, especially with larger venues and productions. those attendance figures look pretty good though compared to other concerts held there.

Pollstar posted their year end stats (Nov 22, 2018-Nov 20, 2019)

Madonna ranked #98 on the worldwide list and #77 on the North American tours.

Madonna:
Gross: $16.3 million
Cities/Shows: 6/36
Average Ticket: $277.28
Average Tickers Per City; 1,630
Tickets Sold: 58,696
Average Gross: $452,097

Keep in mind Pollstar will also estimate grosses as the cities doesn’t match (NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas and LA) and also if they counted the show on the 20th that makes 35 shows. The ticket sales are also way off, the Billboard boxscores from NYC and Chicago have her at over 54,000 tickets sold.

• 4 weeks later...

13) Madonna

The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason Theater

Miami Beach, Fla.

Dec. 14-21, 2019

$3,727,742

13,339/13,339

26) Madonna

The Met Philadelphia

Philadelphia, Pa.

Dec. 07-11, 2019

$2,519,172

11,604/11,604

Gross: $6,246,914

Tickets Sold/Available: 24,943/24,943

Total Tour Gross: $21,396,109 33/85

Total Tickets Sold: 79,877

Average Gross: $648,366

Average Attendance: 2,420

1) Madonna
Wiltern Theater
Los Angeles, Calif.
Nov. 12-25, 2019
$5,874,394
17,941/17,941

2) Madonna 
The Colosseum
Las Vegas, Nev. 
Nov. 7-10, 2019
$4,244,777
12,613/12,613

5) Madonna
Golden Gate Theatre
San Francisco, Calif.
Nov. 2-5, 2019
$1,945,333
6,744/6,744

Gross: $12,064,504
Tickets Sold/Available: 37,298/37,298
Total Tour Gross: $33,460,611
Average Gross: $682,870
Total Tickets Sold/Available: 116,875/116,875
Average Attendance: 2,385

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 7:39 AM, GhosttownMDNA said:

This. Ticket prices are becoming ridiculous these days and it’s not even just Madonna. The Weeknd is literally asking for $2500 for front row and Gaga $1500 for her new tour’s front row and $200 for general admission. 

I’m not saying shows aren’t worth it, but that significant rise in prices is too much especially when there’s literally no privileges beyond the seat itself and the food and drinks that are below fast food standards.