Madame X Tour Boxscore Updates

Voguerista

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It’s just so sad how much more she could’ve made, easily 2 to 4 times as much if this was an arena or a stadium tour with some big production...

She’s Madonna, I’m sure she’s got enough in the bank :lol:

10 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It’s just so sad how much more she could’ve made, easily 2 to 4 times as much if this was an arena or a stadium tour with some big production...

How high are the stakes?
How much fortune can you make?

What for ? I don't understand what is your point. How is that sad ?

1 hour ago, Mister_Pop said:

How high are the stakes?
How much fortune can you make?

What for ? I don't understand what is your point. How is that sad ?

Sad in a sense that we could've had a bigger budget production and a more elaborate representation of the ideas of the album and a bigger global reach. Also more revenue for her means her still being a profitable investment for more big budget works and good press and a testament of her own power.

We like to keep telling ourselves that sales don't matter, they don't always matter, yes but in order for an artist to continue to create, in order for elaborate visuals and outstanding fashion, marketing and efforts to be funded, sales and financial success matters very much, and as you can see, Madame X was plagued with low budget production, both as a tour and as budget for visuals, artworks, and even photo shoots and magazine features.

This era was great musically, yes but in terms of presentation and marketing, it fell flat and now that she's no longer in contract with Live Nation, I'm not one bit sure what the next step will be, nor am I optimistic about it, judging by these standards.

Madonna is a legendary artist, the best of the best, but she's been wasting a hell lot of great opportunities.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

We like to keep telling ourselves that sales don't matter, they don't always matter, yes but in order for an artist to continue to create, in order for elaborate visuals and outstanding fashion, marketing and efforts to be funded, sales and financial success matters very much, and as you can see, Madame X was plagued with low budget production, both as a tour and as budget for visuals, artworks, and even photo shoots and magazine features.

I disagree. I think it’s very clear that she worked hard on the visuals because they’re easily her best videos for an era since American Life imo. With Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart, it’s clear that less money went into the videos because it went into the tours instead. Madonna has been saying since at least 1997 that she wanted to do a more intimate tour in theatres so that’s what she did. What she envisioned for this tour didn’t need as much of a budget. I’m not a massive fan of the tour either but I really don’t think sales had anything to do with it. It’s just what she wanted. Her “flop” albums still managed to produce phenomenal and expensive tours.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I disagree. I think it’s very clear that she worked hard on the visuals because they’re easily her best videos for an era since American Life imo. With Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart, it’s clear that less money went into the videos because it went into the tours instead. Madonna has been saying since at least 1997 that she wanted to do a more intimate tour in theatres so that’s what she did. What she envisioned for this tour didn’t need as much of a budget. I’m not a massive fan of the tour either but I really don’t think sales had anything to do with it. It’s just what she wanted. Her “flop” albums still managed to produce phenomenal and expensive tours.

Not the music videos, those are her best in years, but look at her recent eras single artworks or the editing of the album artwork for MDNA Standard Edition, the theater tour idea isn’t bad per se, but she could’ve done a much bigger production for it in a theater, her outfits have been less and less inspired as well.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
44 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Not the music videos, those are her best in years, but look at her recent eras single artworks or the editing of the album artwork for MDNA Standard Edition, the theater tour idea isn’t bad per se, but she could’ve done a much bigger production for it in a theater, her outfits have been less and less inspired as well.

The whole point of this tour was to offer a scaled-down and intimate show, so it’s not surprising the costumes aren’t as grand. As for the single artworks, I don’t see the problem with them this era. In fact they’ve been great. 

4 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Sad in a sense that we could've had a bigger budget production and a more elaborate representation of the ideas of the album and a bigger global reach. Also more revenue for her means her still being a profitable investment for more big budget works and good press and a testament of her own power.

This era was great musically, yes but in terms of presentation and marketing, it fell flat and now that she's no longer in contract with Live Nation, I'm not one bit sure what the next step will be, nor am I optimistic about it, judging by these standards.

Madonna is a legendary artist, the best of the best, but she's been wasting a hell lot of great opportunities.

I think you should ask the adm to change your nickname to Big Production. It would suit you quite well.

29 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The whole point of this tour was to offer a scaled-down and intimate show, so it’s not surprising the costumes aren’t as grand. As for the single artworks, I don’t see the problem with them this era. In fact they’ve been great. 

That’s the problem, it wasn’t like actual theater or even something intimate and “for the fans”, it was more like a low budget version of the big shows. I don’t see scaled down as an excuse for uninspired. There are so many theaters that are elaborate and planned better than having two stars and a projector and a high school play cosplay pirate outfit for an opener that they want us to think is George Washington.

11 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I think you should ask the adm to change your nickname to Big Production. It would suit you quite well.

Only if you change yours to Mediocrity Apologist.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

That’s the problem, it wasn’t like actual theater or even something intimate and “for the fans”, it was more like a low budget version of the big shows. I don’t see scaled down as an excuse for uninspired. There are so many theaters that are elaborate and planned better than having two stars and a projector and a high school play cosplay pirate outfit for an opener that they want us to think is George Washington.

Well, just because she’s touring in theatres doesn’t necessarily mean she has to do a full on theatre production nor does she have to perform all the songs we’ve asked for years. And the tour managed to end up being one of her most acclaimed tours to date so I don’t know what you mean by two stars? I’m not that fond of it either, but I do understand why she did it, and a lot of people really enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I have to agree, it wasn't a theatrical show. It was a concert in a theatre. As for it for being for the fans, load of crap. It was the most rigid show she has done in a long time and yes the knee/hip injury plagued the tour, but did she even acknowledge or interact/wave/sign autographs at entering or leaving the venues for the fans who waited at any of the shows? Not from any footage that I have seen. Lastly, it is worrying that this was classed as scaled down "show" with the ticket prices that were charged. I dread to think what price would have been set if this had been produced like a broadway theatrical show.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, Nahual said:

Are there any factual instances of either of them having been caught faking sold out shows or... ? 

Yes. With RH you could buy tickets up to about an hour before the show here in Australia - there were lots of seats available - but then within an hour or so it was closed and they adjusted the 'capacity' to match the 'sales'.

Having said that, I assume it is industry practice.

18 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well, just because she’s touring in theatres doesn’t necessarily mean she has to do a full on theatre production nor does she have to perform all the songs we’ve asked for years. And the tour managed to end up being one of her most acclaimed tours to date so I don’t know what you mean by two stars? I’m not that fond of it either, but I do understand why she did it, and a lot of people really enjoyed it. 

I not only enjoyed it but also think it was great, and it wouldn't have been the same thing in an arena. I loved big productions too, don't get me wrong, but I'm glad she did something different if she wanted too.

The Madame X show showcases Madonna as a performer, with less things to distract from her as the center of attention. It felt like an intimate experience too, adding up to the fact that you still see a Madonna show.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:46 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m just giving my own take on it. It felt primitive compared to what she offered before. It was acclaimed yes, but it didn’t click with me, which ultimately is my word against the word of another person who happened to work for a publication. Not saying my word is objective, or theirs either, but I did enjoy the shows but being close was like the only thing I found to be really good. The pacing, the production, the outfits, the interludes and especially her attitude towards the whole project made it feel half-assed for me.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, Alan Leggate said:

I have to agree, it wasn't a theatrical show. It was a concert in a theatre. As for it for being for the fans, load of crap. It was the most rigid show she has done in a long time and yes the knee/hip injury plagued the tour, but did she even acknowledge or interact/wave/sign autographs at entering or leaving the venues for the fans who waited at any of the shows? Not from any footage that I have seen. Lastly, it is worrying that this was classed as scaled down "show" with the ticket prices that were charged. I dread to think what price would have been set if this had been produced like a broadway theatrical show.

Couldn’t agree more with every single word. For that price tag, it’s far from a small show. It felt more like they wanted to cut down on budget and skim as much money as possible. What was really bad is that she had an injury months before the show (it was visible on her knee bad since rehearsals) and they started anyway and made the schedule so packed and she kept cancelling or cutting songs (the opener aka her best song and performance from this era even, not the covers or any classic that we’ve seen a million times), instead of actually revamping the set list to be more like a theater and have her sit or act rather than dance and jump.

It would’ve been way more entertaining if she did that and focused on ballads and forgotten gems, but no they kept cancelling last minute... I love this album so much but everything else minus the music videos was a complete trainwreck.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Jeez. Well the point was to do something different. That was all. She didn't anticipate the injuries or other issues. Next time she'll do arena again.

I look forward to it! And I totally respect and admire her doing something totally different. Like I said, I did enjoy it truthfully, I just personally wouldn’t rank it among her best tours.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

It’s not like she would’ve been able to sell the tickets though. Even Rebel Heart Tour they were doing last minute discounts and this would’ve been more of the same. If a regular priced top tier is $700 all they have to do is sell one which is like selling two when we were used to having $350 as the max price, and even if the a seat had to be discounted to even half the amount that still equates to $500 for those two seats alone.

It was probably a better idea setting up once in a city of which probably saved a lot of behind the scene expenses for crew with less travelling, setting up/take down etc.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:41 AM, SimonVenekeo said:

It’s not like she would’ve been able to sell the tickets though. Even Rebel Heart Tour they were doing last minute discounts and this would’ve been more of the same. If a regular priced top tier is $700 all they have to do is sell one which is like selling two when we were used to having $350 as the max price, and even if the a seat had to be discounted to even half the amount that still equates to $500 for those two seats alone.

It was probably a better idea setting up once in a city of which probably saved a lot of behind the scene expenses for crew with less travelling, setting up/take down etc.

Artists far less popular than Madonna do arena tours all the time and section off entire areas and still make money. Rebel Heart didn’t sell quickly because it was too expensive. People just don’t want to pay those prices to sit at the back of the floor or in elevated areas. It’s a rip off. But that tour still made decent money and she could do even better if she did a “hits” tour.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, Blue Jean said:

Artists far less popular than Madonna do arena tours all the time and section off entire areas and still make money. Rebel Heart didn’t sell quickly because it was too expensive. People just don’t want to pay those prices to sit at the back of the floor or in elevated areas. It’s a rip off. But that tour still made decent money and she could do even better if she did a “hits” tour.

I imagine that was why she only did one show in some cities where she normally does two or more. Personally, if there’s another tour, I’d like to see her take another Re-Invention Tour sort of approach with the setlist and include a few more songs from her back catalogue, and if they promote it as being hit-heavy and bring the prices down, then hopefully it would be a commercial success.