Voguerista

Was "Medellin" the right song to lead Madame X with?

I've never liked Maluma, and now....I hate him to death!

I love ALL the MADAME X songs except "Bitch I'm loca" (awful as fuck!!!) and "Medellin"...(which, despite having a good video, is a very forgettable song, and with the monotonous Maluma voice gets really uncomfortable to hear...)

I understand WHY she used him, but it's really not worth it...

My opinion is that "Extreme occident" should have been the first single, but I understand that nowadays only shit charts...

Medellín is a fantastic single choice, but I’m not sure if it was the right song to lead with. Personally, I think Faz Gostoso and God Control should’ve been released prior to the album release and then release Medellín and Bitch I’m Loca together on the day of the album release with a joint video? 

I think she might have tried a triple single release: Medellin (or Faz Gostoso) in the Latin countries, Crave in the USA and God Control in Europe and the rest of the world. I assume the releases would have charted much better in each suitable territory and would have benefited each other. After the weak chart appearance of Medellin and the needless promo releases of Future, Dark Ballet and I Rise the momentum was gone.

God Control would not have been the Hung Up some of you think it would have been considering the whole gun debate in America at the moment. Even with the backlash (stupidly to even complain) about her and the Pulse situation, it's not friendly or accessible for generic pop radio. Sure, it delivers a meaning and hits you as the song grows but it would have rattled people before they moved onto whatever pop starlet had next to release.

Although Medellin has grown on me. I don't think it was the correct first single for Europe. I agree with another poster who said she should of released different songs in different countries. Personally, I don't know what she should of released first as none of the songs are any good in my opinion. It is by far the worst album she has ever released. The songs are only listenable because of the remixes, except, I Rise, which is probably the worst song she has ever done.

If I had to choose. It would be God Control for Europe.

9 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Although Medellin has grown on me. I don't think it was the correct first single for Europe. I agree with another poster who said she should of released different songs in different countries. Personally, I don't know what what she should of released first as none of the songs are any good in my opinion. It is by far the worst album she has ever released. The songs are only listenable because of the remixes, except, I Rise, which is probably the worst song she has ever done.

Imagine the meltdowns if she’d premiered God Control at Eurovision. That really would have been something. 

14 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Although Medellin has grown on me. I don't think it was the correct first single for Europe. I agree with another poster who said she should of released different songs in different countries. Personally, I don't know what what she should of released first as none of the songs are any good in my opinion. It is by far the worst album she has ever released. The songs are only listenable because of the remixes, except, I Rise, which is probably the worst song she has ever done.

Wow!  That is all I have to say!  

I thought Medellin was a great first single. It was very fun, a cool collaboration with Maluma and was a good way to introduce the feel of the album.

When it first came out, I could not stop listening to it! I had been waiting so long for music from the Queen, and for me, it didn't disappoint. The music video was really good, too!

I don't listen to Medellin as much as I used to because my love for God Control, Dark Ballet and Crave seem to have taken over, but my love for Medellin is still there!

I don't think that, commercially as well, there could have been a better lead single for Madame X. The general public never really gives M a chance anymore. They always write her off, mainly because of ageism. Which sucks.

17 hours ago, somethingscomingover said:

I thought Medellin was a great first single. It was very fun, a cool collaboration with Maluma and was a good way to introduce the feel of the album.

When it first came out, I could not stop listening to it! I had been waiting so long for music from the Queen, and for me, it didn't disappoint. The music video was really good, too!

I don't listen to Medellin as much as I used to because my love for God Control, Dark Ballet and Crave seem to have taken over, but my love for Medellin is still there!

I don't think that, commercially as well, there could have been a better lead single for Madame X. The general public never really gives M a chance anymore. They always write her off, mainly because of ageism. Which sucks.

I personally think Faz Gostoso could have seen a little more success than Medellín as the lead single, if it had some big budget extravagant video to accompany it. I think Faz Gostoso was a missed opportunity to be honest but we’ve had brilliant Madame X visuals so never mind 😂