Madame X Tour | San Francisco

Enrico

Yikes. From MadonnaTribe:

Opening night in Francisco didn’t go too well - the crowd was seated for much of the show including many in the front row which clearly upset madonna . During god control most of the crowd remained seated until mid way through when they finally woke up, woke up, woke up woke up...

One fan who I know has seen Madonna 100+ times around the world including most of the NY and Chicago shows said “this was the worst crowd at any Madonna show I’ve ever seen”. Eek. Try harder San Francisco!!

A couple in the front row left during Human Nature - Madonna asked “why?” And called them “trash” who were probably wearing Banana Republic!!

Adding to the problems is that the stage is 12feet from the front row. Madonnas management were asking fans in the front row to fill the gap but venue security kept sending them backward. 

There were no serious bidders for the Polaroid. Someone offered $400 and was told by a playful madonna to fuck off, so a friend of Madonna’s bid $10k and promised to pay later.

The Beer Bitch moment looks to continue to be over for now at least, and was Madonna sat on the stairs having a group chat with the audience, although one fan was chosen to hand her the beer before the group chat began. 

She excited on the beer bitch side as there was no centre aisle.

Hopefully the next night in San Francisco will Come Alive!

39 minutes ago, cake said:

what's wrong with Banana Republic?

Nothing. Just a consumer joke. Though sometimes the contempt she has for the audience (some deserve it for yelling stupid stuff) is a little off. 

Then again, it must be hard not to say anything. I remember during MDNA she did a speech about Obama and there was this rude white woman shouting "whore, shut the fuck up bitch, slut, hag" in the triangle no less and it's obvious Madonna could hear her but spoke over it. I'm not sure if someone from her team said something to this woman but fans there certainly put in their two cents.

So I get where she's coming from when you have idiots shouting "sing the idiots" or mundane crap but to call your audience "trash" is a bit much. 

5 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I remember during MDNA she did a speech about Obama and there was this rude white woman shouting "whore, shut the fuck up bitch, slut, hag" in the triangle no less and it's obvious Madonna could hear her but spoke over it.

this kind of person merciless bitch slap GIF

Same reaction about the one who are leaving the show when it becomes political

You can disagree with her opinion but I can't understand the need to insult or leave the show. It's just a political statement in a show

1 minute ago, madenis said:

this kind of person merciless bitch slap GIF

Same reaction about the one who are leaving the show when it becomes political

You can disagree with her opinion but I can't understand the need to insult or leave the show. It's just a political statement in a show

Yeah, she was shouting for dear life and making a scene deliberately to get her attention. I mean to be a big fan in the triangle no less and be shouting at Madonna (not knowing her politics, well she did) and Madonna did acknowledge her once or twice by staring but never fully responded. It was awkward for sure.

Meh - some crowds are better than others. Who remembers the crowd for one of the sticky and sweet dates - actually that performance was a hot mess lol no one sang with her during the request part, I think during ROL she was really off key (couldn’t hear herself ) and the mic stand fell over lol

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Meh - some crowds are better than others. Who remembers the crowd for one of the sticky and sweet dates - actually that performance was a hot mess lol no one sang with her during the request part, I think during ROL she was really off key (couldn’t hear herself ) and the mic stand fell over lol

Vienna. The audience didn't sing during a Capella Dress You Up... then her ear monitors went off during Ray of Light and it all went to shit... Monte tried to fix it by going generic DWT ROL intro but it just never worked :(

11 minutes ago, scion said:

Vienna. The audience didn't sing during a Capella Dress You Up... then her ear monitors went off during Ray of Light and it all went to shit... Monte tried to fix it by going generic DWT ROL intro but it just never worked :(

Lol yes - anyway, my point is, some shows just don’t go as expected and others do - all part of the journey :)

Two considerations:

1) if people are able to spend at least 800$ to sit front row I don't get why they can't have a taxi instead of public transport... if they leave early I think it's because they are tired or they don't like the show

2) If she really wanted to raise a lot of money for Malawi she could at least sign the polaroid with a personalized dedication or even better take a selfie together with the fan. We'd all want to spend money on that! She doesn't put any effort on it so she deserves a cold reaction. Sorry, but I don't like this polaroid idea at all.

(And please don't reply "if you don't want it then you don't buy it" because as fans we are weak and it's easy to waste money on that... I need to be rational because I can't deny that I thought about buying it because we all want  to share 10 seconds of our life with M)

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

.....if people are able to spend at least 800$ to sit front row I don't get why they can't have a taxi instead of public transport... 

It's BECAUSE they spent $800 on a ticket they don't have money for a taxi lol

I had an egg roll for dinner to offset paying nearly 60 bucks for parking :Madonna036: :laughing:

35 minutes ago, Enrico said:

(And please don't reply "if you don't want it then you don't buy it" because as fans we are weak and it's easy to waste money on that... I need to be rational because I can't deny that I thought about buying it because we all want  to share 10 seconds of our life with M)

Well, let's be real here.  She's not pricing these to attract rational and reasonable thinking fans.  Sorry, but I would not pay thousands for such.  I'm just lucky to come up with the money to get to the show.  Though, there seems to be a lot of wealthy fans who spend an unbelievable amount of money to see her (multiple times even), so it's only feeding her ego more to think her fans are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for a Polaroid.

Still, I don't think twice about this.  I know it's out of my league and if someone is willing to shell out that kind of money for a picture, more power to them.  At least, I know it's going to charity. 

6 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Well, let's be real here.  She's not pricing these to attract rational and reasonable thinking fans.  Sorry, but I would not pay thousands for such.  I'm just lucky to come up with the money to get to the show.  Though, there seems to be a lot of wealthy fans who spend an unbelievable amount of money to see her (multiple times even), so it's only feeding her ego more to think her fans are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for a Polaroid.

Still, I don't think twice about this.  I know it's out of my league and if someone is willing to shell out that kind of money for a picture, more power to them.  At least, I know it's going to charity. 

Preach. I cant believe ppl bring a stack of money for a Polaroid that looks the same every show. I hope word doesn't get out and fans start getting robbed in front of the theater!

If I'm giving Madonna $4000 in cash she's coming home with me.

5 minutes ago, Winn said:

Preach. I cant believe ppl bring a stack of money for a Polaroid that looks the same every show. I hope word doesn't get out and fans start getting robbed in front of the theater!

If I'm giving Madonna $4000 in cash she's coming home with me.

Ha!  I love that.

This is why I think it's more of a set up.  We've heard some fans overhearing some of her team coming out asking in advance who has money to buy the Polaroid.  But yeah, who carries that sort of cash on them these days, especially when we have debit/credit cards that can be practically be used anywhere on big priced items?

9 minutes ago, madenis said:

Since the money is going to Raising Malawi, you're not giving it to Madonna

4000$ to come home with you ? Too cheap for her lol

Well sorry to sound heartless but charity begins at home and Madonna has enough cash to donate to Malawi.

Not to mention the whole concept just seems off. All that time she lived in NYC and never seen a comedian do this? FFS I went to Joan RIver's A Piece of Work, VIP, front row and backstage pass for less than $200. She was glorious and she has fans come up and undo her costume zip and threw her "incontinence pad" to someone in audience - the show I went to it was lucky me which she then signed backstage.

There's just something off with this tour, it's like the theatre version of the film "The Money Pit".

Remember she used to throw her guitar pick out into the audience...now I'd expect someone from management coming to person who caught it to say it costs then $1000...!

Edited by Alan Leggate (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

Well sorry to sound heartless but charity begins at home and Madonna has enough cash to donate to Malawi.

Did I say that she hasn't enough cash to donate ?

If she gives money to Raising Malawi, does it prevent you to give money from your own bank account to a charity ?

Does she compel you to give money ? 

6 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

Not to mention the whole concept just seems off. All that time she lived in NYC and never seen a comedian do this? FFS I went to Joan RIver's A Piece of Work, VIP, front row and backstage pass for less than $200. She was glorious and she has fans come up and undo her costume zip and threw her "incontinence pad" to someone in audience - the show I went to it was lucky me which she then signed backstage.

Your comparison between Madonna and Joan Rivers doesn't seem legitimate. Complete different levels

I agree with you guys!

I already spent more than 2000£ to see her 4 times in London. But when you hear people going to 10, 20 shows it makes you want to do more. It felt immoral to me to pay 1200£ to do a 10 minutes backstage tour, but then I read of people doing it and I regret it a little. I totally agree the Polaroid is not worth so much money but once again the irrational part that made me buy 4 tickets for 4 consecutive nights tries to prevail. The same irrational part that makes us collect expensive vinyls or items, or to buy the tourbook at the official store for the fear it will be sold out when the tour arrives in London, because other fans say so. This irrational part won't prevail, but it tries. If she was making money from rich people, fine, but I fear this is ruining fans who won't be able to control this irrational part. I don't know, I feel she shouldn't capitalize so much from her fans. That is why she should cut Killers from the setlist :devil:

By the way, you need at least Italy's gross domestic product to bring M home with you, considering that a useless polaroid can be 10K dollars worth!

• Enrico unfeatured this topic