Madame X Tour | San Francisco

Enrico

47 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Ha!  I love that.

This is why I think it's more of a set up.  We've heard some fans overhearing some of her team coming out asking in advance who has money to buy the Polaroid.  But yeah, who carries that sort of cash on them these days, especially when we have debit/credit cards that can be practically be used anywhere on big priced items?

Not entirely, as the shows went on I think people caught onto the idea and have found the person who's 'in charge' of it. Notice how there's no longer a bidding war? I know from the 21st show in Chicago, Detox was right behind me and it was halfway during the song prior to the Polaroid bid a woman came to find her and get her set up. 

Also its probably good that the person who had the second highest bid is now known as the person who had x thousand in their wallet leaving the theatre.

41 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

Well sorry to sound heartless but charity begins at home and Madonna has enough cash to donate to Malawi.

I don't think you realize the amount of money it takes to fund what Madonna has created here. Sure, she has money to fund a lot of charities, but it's an on-going mission with Malawi.  It's going to take more than just her money to fund this.  If for some reason, she quit entertaining, do you think she would still be able to keep this going on her own?  She needs to always encourage others to help, so when she is long and gone, someone will still be able to keep these facilities she built afloat.  She's poured her heart and soul into Malawi.  It may have taken a hit to her ego to even realize Malawi existed, but once she did, she put her money where her mouth is. 

Do you say the same of other huge charity foundations which well known wealthy celebrities started up.  Do you think Danny Thomas would have been able to keep the St. Judes Foundation afloat if he didn't encourage the public and other entities to take part?  I'm sure Madonna hopes for this foundation to expand beyond just her. 

2 hours ago, Bel said:

I don't understand why some people keep fighting about the same things over and over again. Move on, some will love the tour others won't, there's nothing you can do about it whether you like it or not.

Remember: use the ignore button.

Agreed. It's fun to have differences of opinions, different view points but sometimes here and other places people take things way too personally. Not everyone will love the show, videos, albums, etc and some will. But the whole "You're a troll, you're a boot licker" other mundane type of wars is tiring. 

I've actually never used the Ignore button. :Madonna003:

2 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

Not entirely, as the shows went on I think people caught onto the idea and have found the person who's 'in charge' of it. Notice how there's no longer a bidding war? I know from the 21st show in Chicago, Detox was right behind me and it was halfway during the song prior to the Polaroid bid a woman came to find her and get her set up. 

Also its probably good that the person who had the second highest bid is now known as the person who had x thousand in their wallet leaving the theatre.

Yeah, there's always a designated person who does this. Whether it's for a dance on stage, meet and greet tours, people catch on to whom it is and when it happens.

16 hours ago, Enrico said:

2) If she really wanted to raise a lot of money for Malawi she could at least sign the polaroid with a personalized dedication or even better take a selfie together with the fan. We'd all want to spend money on that! She doesn't put any effort on it so she deserves a cold reaction. Sorry, but I don't like this polaroid idea at all.

Agreed

People forget that the higher your income, the higher your taxes and lifestyle charges will be.

Ok a rich person will still remain rich - and what now? M is to give everything to Malawi after earning her fortune with sweat and tears over nearly 4 decades, Is she what? Saint Francis? lol

She's been doing a lot for Malawi for years already, she was the first in the shobiz to introduce the country and its poverty to the world, she never misses a chance to mention it but that ain't enough?

Oh pleaaase...!

Ouch! From what i've read on this forum, date after date, this tour seems unfortunatetly off. Its not really taking off as the thought.  Is she really late for every single date? god! how unprofessional!

She needs to regain her discipine. I think she should go back to her amazing arena tours. On this one, the public isn't responding well to the awful autotune or the poor song choices.

*btw : IM STILL A FAN, AND WILL BE SEEING HER AGAIN On december!

3 hours ago, Edina Monsoon said:

I very rarely use the Ignore feature but if I did, this would be a very quiet place for me. The negativity is overwhelming here at the moment. Not enjoying the vibe at all. 

Maybe then it's time to accept that there's a problem with what's going on this era. Fans are turning their backs left right and centre, and perhaps with good reason. 

Ive stopped posting my thoughts much because it's actually getting me down a little and beginning to kill my enjoyment for my show in February. I still want to have the most amazing night, but I'm going in with relatively low expectations compared to other concerts, including previous M shows.

Good god. Most of these members need to take a chill, pill. Rule of thumb, not everyone is going to blindly love what Madonna does and that's fine. What kind of fan laps up everything their idol or anything churns out? You can express your differences of opinions but to lap those whom disagree as trolls, Gaga fans, haters etc or the other are blind stans is childish. 

Forums used to be a place where you could discuss things without resorting to petty insults, attacking one another or trying to appear supreme to other members. Don't like it, that's fine. Like it, that's fine. It's what makes the world go round but this stupid "You are this, you are that!" is beyond old. Use the IGNORE button and quit rehashing the same thing over again and again. 

I remember being called a troll because I criticized the final RHT film that lacked stuff. :laughing:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic