Poll: Favorite song: Music or Hung Up?

geert

Poll: Favorite song: Music or Hung Up?  

35 members voted

1. 1. Poll: Favorite song: Music or Hung Up?

• Music
    • Hung Up

I loved HU when it came out, I am also a Mamma mia/Abba fan and loved the sample,  and I remember buying the preview ringtone which stayed on my phone for years.

I was not totally happy with Music, found it boring in the beginning.

Now I have the opposite view. Music is a timeless hit,  HU is more dated.

Don't know what made me change my mind. Probably the incredible Live8 performance.

I find it almost impossible to choose between Music and Hung Up, they are both brilliant tracks. But if I have to make a choice, I'd go with Music. The remixes were so bloody good and I still enjoy them today. The Hung Up remixes were rather disappointing and can't hold a candle to the original version. Also, Music still sounds fresh as f*ck. But I consider both songs to be signature Madonna songs and they represent some of her greatest musical achievements.

:Madonna023: How can I choose? They're both amazing and they're both very infectious dance songs.

I love them so much, but I'm going to say Hung Up, just because it was the first Madonna song I fell in love with when I was younger and it has a personal connection for me.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:20 AM, Enrico said:

I loved HU when it came out, I am also a Mamma mia/Abba fan and loved the sample,  and I remember buying the preview ringtone which stayed on my phone for years.

I was not totally happy with Music, found it boring in the beginning.

Now I have the opposite view. Music is a timeless hit,  HU is more dated.

Don't know what made me change my mind. Probably the incredible Live8 performance.

It's interesting; I actually think the exact opposite.  Though I agree Music is a timeless hit, I feel it's far more dated.   Both are great songs though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 11/1/2019 at 2:15 PM, somethingscomingover said:

:Madonna023: How can I choose? They're both amazing and they're both very infectious dance songs.

I love them so much, but I'm going to say Hung Up, just because it was the first Madonna song I fell in love with when I was younger and it has a personal connection for me.

Same here, I was interested in listening to more of Madonna so I heard Hung Up and realised it was Madonna who sang the song I always heard and loved on the radio. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

That's awesome. :heart: It's cool to know someone shares my experience.

I remember the first song I heard was Celebration which was new at the time, so after looking on her iTunes and watching a preview clip for Hung Up, I knew I would have to stan.

high kick dancing GIF

• 3 months later...

Hung Up no hesitation! This is my favorite song of Madonna (with Frozen, Open your Heart, Has to Be and Jump). I love the ABBA sampler used on the song and this is the perfect sampler of the song. I love the full version of this album, with the clock add a relief of the song. A masterpiece.