Pick the Theme for the Next Era

RinoTheBouncer

What do you wish the theme/genre of the next era to be?  

40 members voted

1. 1. What do you wish the theme/genre of the next era to be?

• Middle Eastern / Arabic / Islamic
    • Space / Futuristic
    • Disco
    • Alternative
    • Ballads / Classical Music
    • Rock
    • Experimental

So, I know we're not yet completely done with this era and it may be too early to talk what's next, if there is a next. But what do you wish/prefer the theme, aesthetic and style of the next Madonna era be? Personally I prefer it to be either Middle Eastern / Arabic / Islamic or Space and Futuristic, though I'd be very happy if she creates a complete ballads album of original songs or a sequel to Something to Remember accompanied with a new record of ballads. Disco would also be wonderful, provided she collaborates with the right producer. Daft Punk will forever by my dream Madonna collaborator.

I think at this point we've seen enough crucifixes, bustiers, fishnets, rappers, long boots, bras and sexual themes to the point of it being no longer anything special, so perhaps a drastic change in style and musical genre would be very interesting to both fans and the public, provided it's done with good quality and high budget.

Knowing Madonna's career, she's tried every style, every aesthetic, every cultural influence, but those are the only ones I can think of that she hasn't capitalized on as a complete record theme, like say Portuguese that is predominant in Madame X, Hip Hop which is dominant in Hard Candy and parts of Rebel Heart and the Asian influences of the Ray of Light era and the Drowned World Tour. So feel free to vote, you can pick multiple ones and you can also elaborate in the replies if you have some ideas that aren't listed. I think at this point we've seen enough crucifixes, bustiers, fishnets, rappers, long boots, bras and sexual themes to the point of it being no longer anything special, so perhaps a drastic change in style and musical genre would be very interesting to both fans and the public, provided it's done with good quality and high budget.

Good question Rino. I have no idea what to expect.  As you said, she's done just about everything. What I'd love though is to see more of a rock tone. I also would love more of the Middle eastern look and influence. She could do so much with the Geisha look. I need to think on this some more. 

Ps: just please...no more crowns.

pss: what I'd give for her to work with Stuart Price again for an album and tour!!

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Good question Rino. I have no idea what to expect.  As you said, she's done just about everything. What I'd love though is to see more of a rock tone. I also would love more of the Middle eastern look and influence. She could do so much with the Geisha look. I need to think on this some more. 

She wouldn't be able to do geisha looks in this day and age though.

I'd like a proper mature album, written with Patrick Leonard among others, full of great ballads and some solid pop songs, with live sound arrangements and orchestrations a la "Like a Prayer" (the album). A genre of tracks like Promise to try, Rain, Rebel heart, Till death do us part, Love don't live here anymore, Oh Father, Like a Prayer herself. Different styles but all mature, solid and "clean" songs (where clean means without no other sound than the properly instrumental ones). Some jazzy influences would make me litteraly mad, as in Secret Garden, I want you or in the gorgeous 1997 piano demo of Has to be (the BEST track we had in this 2019 imo). She is often using some jazz standards in her recent Instagram posts.

A stylish and mature look, glamorous evening dresses and a full orchestra and choir treat for the world tour. Yes, classical, too standard maybe for such a tragressive icon, but it's really the only thing she still misses in her career, considering the I'm Breathless period connected to a comic character and musically limited to the retro swingy mood. Will it ever happen? No, of couse, it won't. I consider myself superlucky enough I finally got my afro influenced era I was waiting since 2007!!!

A stylish and mature look, glamorous evening dresses and a full orchestra and choir treat for the world tour. Yes, classical, too standard maybe for the most tragressive icon of our times, but it's really the only thing she still misses in her career, considering the I'm Breathless period connected to a comic character and musically limited to the retro swingy mood. Will it ever happen? No, of couse, it won't. I consider myself superlucky enough I finally got my afro influenced era I was waiting since 2007!!!

Add me in on this. I love the idea of an old Hollywood/high glam look like in the Evita era. 

I'd like to see her write her autobiography and do a Marlene Dietrich type tour of her ballads, with a few classics reworked into slower versions (e.g. Deeper and Deeper from RIT, Like A Virgin from MDNAT).

images-1.jpeg.172ca226e2d9cdd203deed7d12cbec0d.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

A nu-disco album produced by Daft Punk would be fantastic and something I would like to see, or an album co-written and produced by Patrick Leonard of fantastic ballads and power ballads.

Some of the demos on that assembly disc have a vague Indian sound to them.
Blancmange are touring again so maybe they'd produce ?
Ballads would be great too but anything as long as there's not 'featuring' whoever's big on Instagram type names.
Songs of any sort that aren't trying to guess what will be streamed ?
How many mixes of Into The Groove were there really first time around = One.

Edited by professormouse (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 11/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Voguerista said:

pss: what I'd give for her to work with Stuart Price again for an album and tour!!

I would love to see her explore the geisha look and influence further but I imagine it could cause a lot of controversy in this day and age. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, Nahual said:

May as well do rock music even if it's not exactly a popular sound right now. :Madonna054:

But that would could mean a tour of electric guitar for 2 hours, performing a rock mix of Candy Shop...