Your Favorite Ballad Tour Performances!

Voguerista

Live To Tell (WTG, Confessions)
Both are amazing in the original version and the updated Confessions mix with the religious symbolism.

Look of Love (WTG)
Her standing alone as she sings this underrated classic. It deserves more appreciation for sure.

Oh Father (BA)
Her and Carlton in sync as she belts out this shortened version before the transition to "Papa Don't Preach."

In This Life (GS)
Something about singing about the devastation of death, the AIDS crisis, her friends' memory while being watched by a clown in the background. Poignant, simplistic but spoke in many volumes.

Lament  (RIT)
Delivering an Evita track so unexpectedly with strong vocals and conviction. Short, sweet and effective.

Drowned World/Substitute For Love (Confessions)
The best rendition of the track. Madonna, Isaac and a oomphed production of the track. 

Paradise (Confessions)
Acoustic, simple yet so moving. Isaac's male vocals added so much to the song as well.

You Must Love Me (Sticky and Sweet)
Delivering an Evita classic with that arrangement in so many cities especially on the DVD release with DCFMA.

Love Spent (MDNA)
Goodness, how this performance evolved from a rough performance to shifting to a full-fledged work of art. She removed more clothing as it matured and became a staple on the tour slowing the high energy of the album track to a somber, emotional yearning for understanding from a money hungry ex-husband. 

HeartBreakCity/Love Don't Live Here Anymore
I will forever have a grudge this performance was neutered on the final version. Theatrical once the screen shows a city in rain, the vocals she delivered sounded pre-Evita as the staging with the staircase and a lone spotlight was so simple but effective in conveying the message of the song. Once you hear the familiar strings of LDLHA, it's beautiful. Singing only two choruses and a verse of the song, it blended beautifully and sounded amazing live.

I've enjoyed so many of her ballads live.   Many have been mentioned here such as the Drowned World/Substitute for Love performance from Confessions Tours as well as Paradise (not for Me) and Live to Tell.  Lament from RIT is definitely one of her best delivered vocals ever, imo. I love the emotion she poured in In this Life from The Girlie Show.  Rain from that tour was pretty great as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

The Look of Love - Who’s That Girl World Tour

Crazy For You - Re-Invention World Tour

Live To Tell - Confessions Tour

Drowned World/Substitute For Love - Confessions Tour

Are my top four probably. The ballads are always highlights on her tours though.

• 3 weeks later...

All of them .. but I was shocked when I found out that she didn't actually included "Looking For Mercy" now for MADAME X tour and back with RH tour .. "Ghosttown" -- well some shows did get it (but no actual release -- not like Take A Bow .. what was bittersweet yay) --- and well, also MDNA tour w/o "Love Spent" was a surprise of it's own (at first), but in the end, we got it on DVD/BR + a smell of a "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" not as a official release but as a nice leak. Uhh and let's not start with "You'll See" :thinker::drama::Madonna021: so exhausting :OML::lol: #LOL

• 7 months later...

Virgin Tour - Crazy For You (can't believe this one gets so overlooked when it was the only ballad she sang on that whole tour...."Do you mind if I sit down?" :heart:

WTG Tour - Live To Tell

BA Tour - Live To Tell/Oh Father mash-up

Girlie Show - Rain & In This Life

DWT Tour - Drowned World (Substitute For Love) & You'll See :heart::heart::heart:

R-I Tour - Lament & Crazy For You

Confessions Tour - Live To Tell, Drowned World (Substitute For Love) & Paradise (Not For Me)

Sticky & Sweet - You Must Love Me

MDNA - Masterpiece

RH Tour - Take A Bow (hearing the start of the song gave me cold chills!!! & Heartbreak City/LDLHA

Madame X - Frozen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...