"The Rebel Heart Tour" to be Madonnas' Final Tour?

I've read online that this upcoming tour is to be Madonnas' Farewell Tour... i need to know if this is true because if so i will be going to more than just the 2 shows here in Miami. I'll also travel to San Juan, Pr for both shows and most likely go to the 3 shows planned in NYC.... im very sad to think that our Queen may be bowing out with this tour, and with the Live Nation contract coming to an end with this tour as well im worried the rumors may be true. can anyone confirm or deny this information please?

xo - Victoration / Rebel Heart

It'd be wise honestly. No disrespect,but Madonna's primary source of income for the past ten years has been doing touring,along with every other artist. Nobody makes money through selling records anymore because of streaming services,torrenting,YouTube,etc,and people of the general public are getting sick of her attention-seeking antics. Obviously everyone universally agrees that Madonna is a legend and untouchable,but the way she's promoted herself in the last three years hasn't been the best. Her newer music has been overshadowed by her causing controversy,even though that's what she's known for,the threshold has just come undone.

Being the marketing / businesswoman she is, I think she would have promoted this as the final tour to sell a bunch of extra tickets. The only way I see this being the final tour is if LiveNation decides not to work with her again and nobody else decides to either. I think her final tour will be an extended world tour where a) she plays many nights in JUST big markets only  (NYC/CHICAGO/LA/BUENOS AIRES/LONDON/PARIS/ROME/TOKYO/SYDNEY etc) or b) she does as many nights as she can in all places around the world. 

No, we surely would have been aware of it if so. But I think the next one could be the last. 

Now the interesting thing is actually to see the artistic direction for this one imo:

• [*]still so much dancing all the time or a combination of dance and coreos based on theatrical effects? [*]any new idea (I mean really new) or updated reworks of the old ones? [*]a balanced selection of more intimate and more funny songs from her huge catalogue or still prevalently fun?

For me this is the time to give a real example of reinvention and rethinking, I would love it.

I don't think it will be her last tour personally. She would have promoted it as a farewell tour in the first place.  I think she will still tour at least one more time after this tour. Somehow I think she will be touring a lot longer than we expect, I would say the tours may change in terms of dance routines but maybe not who knows.  I think a more intimate setting would be interesting like completely scaled down or at least the inclusion of some of her classic ballads - you'll see anyone ??!!

The other reason is I have never seen Madonna live so she can't not too. I either never have enough money or its completely the wrong time.  Therefore she can't retire from touring yet.

I have heard and posted about this many times.

--Very clear during the recording of this album, the producers have let slip they (originally) thought this would be her last album-- a double album to satisfy the contract.

--But Madonna, like Cher, would need to capitalize on any notice of Farewell and that has not happened.

I do think overall, Madonna may be toying with the concept of a working retirement shifting into directing more or producing music for other artists.  The end is near.  Whether or not its now is unclear.

--Very clear during the recording of this album, the producers have let slip they (originally) thought this would be her last album-- a double album to satisfy the contract.

--But Madonna, like Cher, would need to capitalize on any notice of Farewell and that has not happened.

I do think overall, Madonna may be toying with the concept of a working retirement shifting into directing more or producing music for other artists.  The end is near.  Whether or not its now is unclear.

madonna said 3 yeargo ago.....I wanna do music til I'm 90....

madonna said 3 yeargo ago.....I wanna do music til I'm 90....

working retirement does not mean she won't do music.  It means she's not under contract anymore.  Madonna will always have something to say.  Its just when she says it soon will be on her terms vs. a clockwork 2-3 year cycle.

But really, it doesn't matter.  I know what the tone was during the recording and producing sessions.  This concept of transitioning is on the table.  When is up for debate.

To think about her retirement just make me so sad and worried cause I honestly can't imagine a world without Madonna's current music... I know we already have Miley, Gaga, Katy, Lana, Selena, Ariana, Britney and so on and they're good in their own way. However, it's just not enough, all thiese girls lack what Madonna oozes from day one: BALLS!! :bothered2:

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think we will get an announcement. It will just happen. The way the 8 year gap between Girlie Show and Drowned World did. She isn't one to make such statements. After WTG she said she'd never tour again and same after BAT (both privately and revealed in later interviews). Then she planned to tour in 1995 and 1999 and it never happened as other things came up.

Honestly that's how it will happen. Without a contract to be held to and the freedom to do what she wants I think one day after she hasn't toured for a few years someone will ask her if she plans to tour again and she will just say "probably not but never say never" but it just won't happen.

I do get the feeling she will do one more big album and tour and then both music and touring will be sporadic and on a much smaller scale and will be basically more to satisfy her hunger for performing rather than the way she has always done it.