Is Madonna sabotaging her touring career?

MarXus

On 11/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, Enrico said:

Because I can't get out of my head September 4, 1987, when more than 14 millions of Italians sat in front on their tv to watch her live from Turin, and everyone loved her. And I'm not happy to read about people booing, or how she couldn't connect with the audience and was nasty with them. It can't be just ten diehard fans with an eyepatch.

Off topic, but I love this! I wish would've lived this experience! 

The mass hysteria for her in Italia in 1987 must've been amazing to live through 

Today, the dialogue to her fans has changed to "Per favore, don't get mad? okay? So this is my fucking show, so if I'm late a couple times you'll understand. Are you ready!? Allora andiamooo!!"

54 minutes ago, ilocanopapi said:

Today, the dialogue to her fans has changed to "Per favore, don't get mad? okay? So this is my fucking show, so if I'm late a couple times you'll understand. Are you ready!? Allora andiamooo!!"

This is true.  While she is far more engaging with fans these past years, the earlier years seemed more pleasant because she didn't see so pissy all the time.  You gotta love her!  Maybe she's just not happy right now. Maybe her knee is far worse than we think and she's in pain, so she's venting this way, rather just cancelling the tour.  Of course, I'm just assuming.  Things could be just fine, but part of me feels something is quite right! 

13 minutes ago, MarXus said:

This is true.  While she is far more engaging with fans these past years, the earlier years seemed more pleasant because she didn't see so pissy all the time.  You gotta love her!  Maybe she's just not happy right now. Maybe her knee is far worse than we think and she's in pain, so she's venting this way, rather just cancelling the tour.  Of course, I'm just assuming.  Things could be just fine, but part of me feels something is quite right! 

We will never ever know what goes on behind the scenes, or what Madonna is going through inside of her - mentally and physically - so her behavior may be reflections of things that are brewing within or around her that we don't know of. This would make us "excuse" her behavior if we knew what was going on.

However, to come on so late is a little quationable for me. It doesn't upset me cause it is after all seeing Madonna in an intimate experience and it's great! I imagine all my restlessness from waiting hours would be instantly wiped away once she comes onstage and see her in the flesh, so close and so almost tangible. But that is just me!

All in all, I will be part of the camp that says "just be patient, and calmly deal with it because it's Madonna and it's once or twice in a couple of years! It's a living legend you're there to experience, let alone in a very selected intimate setting. Who knows if she will tour again!? Just be calm, patient, and enjoy what is the present and that is Madonna still doing what she is all about."

Is it true over 500 refunds were given back by Ticketmaster today? Some people are reporting this. WTF Live Nation ain't going to be too happy with her now they are losing $$$$ too. She might not care but they sure do. They are gonna pull her in a meeting with Guy Oseary. Every time she's late now going forward more and more people are going to expect and demand more refunds. This ain't a good look M. 

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

This just came to me today. I think M has an interesting concept with touring small venues and re-inventing touring for artists and I get a gut instinct her vision is light years ahead of everyone else. Yet there's no venues suitable for small live rock music theatrical performances for what she wants to put on. Even the venues for Las Vegas residency shows aren't that suitable.

Perhaps M needs to work with architects, designers etc... to create a venue for the type of performance she wants to create. 

This show is definitely not in the right venue currently. She should have chosen Park MGM over The Colosseum in Vegas. Park MGM is newer and can withstand a grandiose production (i.e. Britney's Piece Of Me,Gaga's Enigma,etc.) unlike the Colosseum which was built exclusively for Celine Dion's A New Day... residency and was,on one hand,somewhat grandiose for the time of the early 2000s,but on the other hand not able to withstand such a massive production that Madonna puts on. 

OT: I do think M is royally screwing herself and next tour she's going to pay the price of having empty arenas because everyone's getting sick of her sh*t. She better seal these cracks before it's too late.

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

I agree. 

6 hours ago, ilocanopapi said:

The mass hysteria for her in Italia in 1987 must've been an amazing to live out.

So true! She was so kind and captivating, she seduced everyone.

"Vi vo(g)lio tanto bene, tutti quanti!"

Now it looks like it's a privilege to see her, it is for us fans, but not for everybody.

It's sad that young generations hardly know her. I showed my singing student live renditions of True blue 1987 (for theatricality in a rock concert) and Everybody 1993 (for band introduction) and they were so impressed. They hadn't heard the songs before.

It's time to regain a little favour from the public.

I feel like saying:

britney spears help GIF

God, I hope tonight's show went well...

Rock stars are late. Divas are late. Live shows are late. That's the way it is. If it doesn't fit your schedule, don't stan for them, and start following a virtual celebrity on Instagram, always on time but oh so fake.

"Not doing herself a favor", y'all sound like patriarchs judging the way a woman dresses. I understand she can be pissed with some fans when she's been expressing herself (and teaching others to) for 35 years and people still shut her up with patronizing comments.

Use your voice for something that really matters, like, hum, climate change, gender equality, universal love or removing Trump from the WH.

5 hours ago, discohub said:

Rock stars are late. Divas are late. Live shows are late. That's the way it is. If it doesn't fit your schedule, don't stan for them, and start following a virtual celebrity on Instagram, always on time but oh so fake.

"Not doing herself a favor", y'all sound like patriarchs judging the way a woman dresses. I understand she can be pissed with some fans when she's been expressing herself (and teaching others to) for 35 years and people still shut her up with patronizing comments.

Use your voice for something that really matters, like, hum, climate change, gender equality, universal love or removing Trump from the WH.

You're getting a bit off topic here.  Who is to say those of us who have an issue with Madonna's behavior lately, aren't involved in other world matters that are important?  We are versatile people who can complain about our burnt toast and still go out and try to tackle other issues that really matter.  No one is acting like "patriarchs" here.  We're just discussing a concerning issue here at a message forum. No one thinks this takes more precedence over other important world issues. Most who have replied are die hard fans, and we only want the best for Madonna.  I'm pretty sure the administrator didn't just open this forum for us to only speak highly of her all the time.  As long as we are being respectful, I think it's safe to say that there are some who can intelligently discuss issues on Madonna that may not necessarily be favorable to her. 

You are welcome to feel she's entitled to think her "Diva" behavior is acceptable, but others don't!  Being a "Diva" doesn't give a person a license to take advantage of fans.  Also, no one here wants her to 'shut up'. We are just discussing her touring behavior of late. Remember, not everyone going to her concerts are privy to knowing her antics or being so late. They may have had made other plans or have other obligations after a certain time they expected the show to be over,

On 11/10/2019 at 7:53 AM, ilocanopapi said:

The mass hysteria for her in Italia in 1987 must've been amazing to live through 

I was about 10 when this tour was happening and even though the concert was televised here in Australia, it was still massive. It was a must watch event and for years up until Blond Ambition (which was also televised her down under) it was one of the often talked about music events. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:34 PM, Ashley said:

This just came to me today. I think M has an interesting concept with touring small venues and re-inventing touring for artists and I get a gut instinct her vision is light years ahead of everyone else. Yet there's no venues suitable for small live rock music theatrical performances for what she wants to put on. Even the venues for Las Vegas residency shows aren't that suitable.

Perhaps M needs to work with architects, designers etc... to create a venue for the type of performance she wants to create. 

Some Broadway shows are staged in even smaller venues than the BAM or The Wiltern, yet they have HUGE BIG Productions with revolving stages, things coming down from above, stairs automatically moving up, down, left, right, screens, catwalks etc... when Madonna announced the big production in a small theater I was expecting something like that.

But, I also understand that those broadway productions are planned and developed months and months in advance, 8-9 months before the openings and they are in the same theater for long seasons, which means they can also change more things in the theater and re-structure things, etc. 

Madonna said on the opening night of the tour that the show wasn't finished, and yet months later she hasn't changed anything, not even in the setlist. I wonder what happened, maybe she gave up or came to terms with what they can do on stage

2 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

She hates doing this tour. Expect it to be cancelled soon.

I think she hates the injuries she has, but, I don't believe for a second she hates this tour. This is Madonna. She's always been a stage artist and a traveler of the world. She loves to sing, dance, and perform. If she cancels the tour, it will be because of her injuries alone and it will make her very sad to do so.  Imo. 

Are Madonna fans sabotaging Madonna's career? It's a rhetorical question. Yes they are, and they always have been. When she was more popular with the general public, their voices were somewhat diluted. As her popularity dwindles, the toxicity becomes more and more visible. 

3 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

She hates doing this tour. Expect it to be cancelled soon.

I think you're onto something. I get the feeling it hasn't panned out the artistic way she imagined or wanted and her injuries have just exacerbated her frustration and annoyance. 

I still believe she didn't have the right people helping her putting this tour together. 

In my opinion, yes, for some time now. Firstly, because she always refuses to add more hits to the setlist and it’s most evident since The Mdna Tour. The last three albums have not been popular and a tour with with so many unknown (and unpopular) songs is almost unbearable. Who cares about boring songs like Dark Ballet, Come Alive, Future, Killers and  others from this album if Madonna has an amazing back catalog? She could choose 6 or 7 songs from Madame X and enough! Same about Rebel Heart and MDNA tours. Imagine this for those who are just casual fans. Secondly, the constant delays. No one should wait hours to watch a show that is paid and very expensive. Third, in all my fan years (since 1984), I've never seen Madonna being so rude with her public. I’m so upset with this tour. I have no interest in anything related to this show, for the first time in my life. I was really afraid this show could be a kind of "Tears of a Clown", but in my opinion it's worse than that.  I even don’t care about a DVD release. Sorry, but this is my feeling.