TMZ - lateness lawsuit

digitalfreaknyc

Perhaps in the future, all tickets should come with a disclaimer, that reads:

"Buy purchasing this ticket, you are acknowledging, Madonna may not be the Punctual Diva you would like her be.  Therefore, by purchasing this ticket, you also acknowledge, that, she may be late arriving on stage to begin entertaining you".   "Furthermore.  If Madonna does choose to arrive late to the stage, you, having purchased this ticket, and being aware, that this might occur, will have no recourse in which to recover any of your money".  

"Now sit the F&(k down, and enjoy the show".  

From the Law offices of:

Ben Dover & Takeit Attorneys At Law.

This doesn't bode well for Madonna.  Whether this lawsuit goes anywhere or not, it's only hurting Madonna's credibility as a great touring artist.  It's a shame because apart from the lateness, she still is a wonderful act to see.  Why would any artist want this to be in the headlines, over rave reviews?  This will definitely damage her reputation as a touring act.

12 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Nah, you have no legal leg to stand on.  The Ticketmaster class action lawsuit resulted in tickets now saying you have no right to file a class action lawsuit against any ticket you purchase for any reason whatsoever.  You agreed to it by buying the ticket in the first place.

I don't for a second think it will actually do very much aside from serious damage her live reputation, which is hitting her where it really hurts. 

If this lawsuit becomes very well publicised, it'll begin to the reach the most casual of ticket buyers and will likely stick. 

And don't forget, it could also happen in the UK, France and Portugal. 

13 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Nah, you have no legal leg to stand on.  The Ticketmaster class action lawsuit resulted in tickets now saying you have no right to file a class action lawsuit against any ticket you purchase for any reason whatsoever.  You agreed to it by buying the ticket in the first place.

They won't sue Ticketmaster. They'll sue her.

Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. But if it brings attention to her, it won't help in the grand scheme of things.

Yep, the negative attention surrounding it will be the real damage.   And the longer she keeps coming on later and later, the more negative attention she will get from it.  Honestly, I don't think any fan wants to see this sort of attention. I rather she arrives on stage in a timely fashion and let people focus on her show and performances.   

20 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yep, the negative attention surrounding it will be the real damage.   And the longer she keeps coming on later and later, the more negative attention she will get from it.  Honestly, I don't think any fan wants to see this sort of attention. I rather she arrives on stage in a timely fashion and let people focus on her show and performances.   

Exactly right. 

I do at the moment want to see this negative attention attention because I want her to take it onboard and act with enough humility to see deal with it. 

At some point in the future I want Madonna to end her touring career with a real bang, to finish touring on top of her game with huge venues sold out and an experience fans have universally loved... but going as she is at the moment I just don't see it.

its time for change. 

She needs to wake up wake up wake up wake up...

I wouldn’t necessarily wish for M to be prosecuted or whatever, but I do hope that this gets some traction and at least ‘scares’ M into improving this situation. 

I’m travelling to London for the show and staying overnight. If M started at a reasonable hour I could do other things with the evening to make the most of the trip. There is an impact to these delays.

Just start the frggin show at 9pm!

I was thinking yesterday that maybe M’s insomnia is partly the reason for this. Dragging the show through the night and early morning acts in some way as an avoidance of that post-show, lying in bed awake routine...

2 minutes ago, scion said:

Off topic but Donna's voice was heaven.

Not really.
Her career was ever so slightly damaged over something that never really happened.
People were almost doing A Whitney after Eurovision with their 'in the hall it sounded like this' video clips ?
Paloma Faith is the only singer who I can remember slagging her audience off and more or less getting away with it.
If Madge did a crap on stage I'm sure there's plenty that would fight over the turds. 

4 hours ago, scion said:

She basically is alleged to have put AIDS as a direct response to poor lifestyle choices. 

And back on topic, check out these fans on Facebook, absolutely bizarre people can be this defensive.

B55F4D86-ED2E-4CE9-AFDF-1E60152BCE61.jpeg

I'm so on the fence on this situation!

Like I agree with Ms. Kimberly but also don't condone her tardiness.

but then again, it's Madonna. It's only one affair or two out of 365 days or maybe in one's whole lifetime, so I would say just deal with it and enjoy the intimate experience with MADONNA. 

Ugh now it's making me think and rethink. Still love Madonna though