TMZ - lateness lawsuit

digitalfreaknyc

51 minutes ago, ilocanopapi said:

I'm so on the fence on this situation!

Like I agree with Ms. Kimberly but also don't condone her tardiness.

but then again, it's Madonna. It's only one affair or two out of 365 days or maybe in one's whole lifetime, so I would say just deal with it and enjoy the intimate experience with MADONNA. 

Ugh now it's making me think and rethink. Still love Madonna though

I feel you.  I was like this on her previous tours.  But this time around, a lot of other factors and her tardiness has changed my position. 

I’m gagging. She has always been late to her shows. This ain’t something new. Why is y’all acting like this is new? She never had respect for her fans. When fans wait outside the theatre for her She PURPOSELY doesn’t wave to them. How many ‘madonna with a fan picture’ have yall seen? How many madonna selfies with the fans have yall seen? There are none. She doesnt go near her fans. She doesnt care. Thats just how she rolls. She has been this was since the beginning of her career. 

Yall need to stop with the boycott and stuff because this is not something new. It’s the classic madonna we all know. Im gagging. 

I love the excuses people will make for her in order to defend her. They sure as hell wouldn't cut other people slack but since it's the Queen, it's excusable, she's been doing it since [insert tour name here], you're not a real fan, you waited all night what's another hour or two? Fine, you'll wait for her but the general public won't and to a degree she needs more besides her fans who will defend her no matter what to keep on touring and making this investments on her feasible. But you're right, we should just let her do what she wants because she's a Queen.  (eyeroll) :laughing:

2 hours ago, ilocanopapi said:

I'm so on the fence on this situation!

Like I agree with Ms. Kimberly but also don't condone her tardiness.

but then again, it's Madonna. It's only one affair or two out of 365 days or maybe in one's whole lifetime, so I would say just deal with it and enjoy the intimate experience with MADONNA. 

Ugh now it's making me think and rethink. Still love Madonna though

I know what you mean. I love her and I get conflicted too because all of these years and whether she's wrong, right, or indifferent, there's never been anyone like her and I'm at the edge of my seat for what's going to happen next. Mmm mmm...

7 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Which rumour?

In an issue of Boyz a UK 'gay newspaper' that was once popular.
They asked 'what if Madonna blamed Gay men for being responsible for getting AIDS' ?
They were trying to let the chillblains of the day know just how BIG A Pop Star she used to be.
Madonna was used as an an example of a globally adored gay friendly one.
The 'actual' rumour itself has no basis in reality.
I did read one thing where a guy tracked down the people at this concert where she was alleged to have made her 'Adam & Eve'.....Not Steve comment.
It never happened.
She 'may' have repeated the at-the-time thing about ''only good looking men getting the flu"....but gay men in the early '80's were saying that too apparently...and that was never proven either.
It morphed into Straight People being 'offended' on behalf of Gay Men.
And her management were criminally s l o w to deal with it.
'Gays Made My Life Hell !", thundered The Sun's headline in the UK.
".....AND I didn't know Why ?"
That bit was printed in t i n y letters inside the 'newspaper'.
It was all really anti-gay, ha ha look some you all adore HATES you's.
I wonder if part of the media's current shit-storm on Madge has any similar origins ?

All clear now ?
Madonna has been late to a stage.
Some don't like her politics.
And she never sang enough 'oldies'.
What a cow.......:thinker:
The wind can change real fast.

Edited by professormouse (see edit history)

I attended the Hard Candy promo show in Paris in 2008. The show was supposed to begin at 9.00 pm and as it was a promo show it would last around 45 minutes. I had a lot of time left to come back to the train station and catch a train to come back home in north of France (there are trains until midnight) but nothing happened like planned. M came on stage two hours late, so the show started just after 11pm, when it ended there was no train left to come back home. I was alone in Paris with nowhere to sleep. I was kinda broke at that time and had no money to book a hotel. Luckily (or not) i met a guy i knew from a Madonna forum, he said i could sleep at his appartement. He had just one double bed so we had no other choice than to sleep in the same bed. During the night he tried to have sex with me. I made it clear i didn't want to. He tried a second time and a third time. I took my stuff, told him to fuck off, and left the appartement. I ended up alone in the streets in Paris in the middle of the night. Strange memory lol.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I attended the Hard Candy promo show in Paris in 2008. The show was supposed to begin at 9.00 pm and as it was a promo show it would last around 45 minutes. I had a lot of time left to come back to the train station and catch a train to come back home in north of France (there are trains until midnight) but nothing happened like planned. M came on stage two hours late, so the show started just after 11pm, when it ended there was no train left to come back home. I was alone in Paris with nowhere to sleep. I was kinda broke at that time and had no money to book a hotel. Luckily (or not) i met a guy i knew from a Madonna forum, he said i could sleep at his appartement. He had just one double bed so we had no other choice than to sleep in the same bed. During the night he tried to have sex with me. I made it clear i didn't want to. He tried a second time and a third time. I took my stuff, told him to fuck off, and left the appartement. I ended up alone in the streets in Paris in the middle of the night. Strange memory lol.

Omg I'm so sorry. I would have been so scared. I wish Madonna would take the lateness issue more seriously.  It's too dangerous for fans after the show. 

2 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Omg I'm so sorry. I would have been so scared. I wish Madonna would take the lateness issue more seriously.  It's too dangerous for fans after the show. 

Well, for my part i wasn't scared and strangely i wasn't pissed at M. I felt lucky to have the chance to attend the show but i can understand for some people it can be dangerous and bring a lot of problems. I'm really divided on that topic. In one hand i know it's not really cool to be 2 hours late but on the other hand attending a M show is a kind of once in a lifetime experience so...