Five Songs

RUADJAI

You are introducing Madonna to someone who has never heard of her and you only get 5 songs; what are they?

You can include any song, rehearsal, studio version, demo

*Maybe I would say you don’t know the person you are introducing her to, so it’s less about a tailored list for a specific person than the five songs you think capture Madonna to a degree. (which is impossible , I know)

Five is just not enough to really introduce who she is as an entertainer.  In fact, I would think videos and some touring performances would be a good way to introduce her to someone being she's such a visionary.  If I was to choose 5 songs, I would have to go with the iconic songs because they tend to be safe bets people who never heard would want to listen to more.

I'll go with Holiday, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, and Vogue .

I wouldn't go for any of her more avant-garde songs because that could scare some people off.  Then again, it all depends on the person as well who I'm introducing Madonna to. 

22 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

If it was just five songs as an introduction, I would not include remixes, live tracks (they need the videos too)...

Why not? I'm fan thanks to the remixes and video-clips: Open your heart video and remix, Like a Prayer single Remix, Express Yourself video and remix, Where's the Party remix, Fever video and remix, Bedtime Story Video and Remix.... These remixes and videos made me a hardcore fan, not the album versions without videos.

48 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Why not? I'm fan thanks to the remixes and video-clips: Open your heart video and remix, Like a Prayer single Remix, Express Yourself video and remix, Where's the Party remix, Fever video and remix, Bedtime Story Video and Remix.... These remixes and videos made me a hardcore fan, not the album versions without videos.

Yes, but the question was about a 5 song introduction to Madonna, not the manifesto to make a fully fledged fan. Besides, the remixes you mentioned there are all the single/video remixes... in most cases, not too far a departure from the album versions.

It really depends on the person your recommending them to. 

If it was someone who's into indie or alternative music, I'd definitely recommend 'I Want You' (Marvin Gaye Cover), Nothing Really Matters (Kruder and Dorfmeister Remix), Candy Perfume Girl, Secret Garden, Ray of Light. 

8 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

A lot of Into the Groove and Frozen.   :whip:

Into the Groove is one of the best songs of all time. :hearteyes:

Despite the flawed vocals on leg 1, I'll forever love the S&S tour which included the last real full performance of it live.  It just makes me super happy whenever I hear it.

19 hours ago, Enrico said:

Candy shop

Spanish lesson

Give me all your luving

Bday song

Bitch I'm... LOCO joking!!!

Actually Candy Shop isn´t that bad ... there are worse "accidents" like Superstar (Ooh Ooh
Ooh la la, Ooh Ooh Ooh la la...).

I´m still in shock that they released this childish shit on an album....