Question: Audio Management

RUADJAI

How do you guys manage your audio collection in this day and age? I have Apple Music and import everything into iTunes on my computer to keep it all synced, but a lot of times it tries to match all my songs to album tracks they already have. Sometimes this leads to wrong songs being played in my Madonna catalogue. 

For instance I’ll be listening to MUSIC the album and when Impressive Instant comes on it plays the Drowned World Tour version I have instead of the actual album track. Then I have to open my phone or stop what Im doing and go and search for the album "in my library" and play it that way. 

Do you guys have these problems too? Or any suggestions for keeping your library streamlined and SIMPLE?

Thanks. 

I had issues like this In the beginning, and I forget what the fix was to solve the issue. I believe the work around was to delete it from your cloud, then re-upload it again. Sometimes renaming the files and file names to something completely different, then changing them once their uploaded on the cloud, works too

35 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I had issues like this In the beginning, and I forget what the fix was to solve the issue. I believe the work around was to delete it from your cloud, then re-upload it again. Sometimes renaming the files and file names to something completely different, then changing them once their uploaded on the cloud, works too

Do you not have these issues anymore? 

I generally copy the mp3 files to my iPhone and rename them accordingly so that iTunes cannot mess it all up... for example, live recordings are always tagged with the show date after each track name, demos are tagged and all remixes are labelled accordingly. That way, iTunes doesn't confuse them with album tracks. Also... and I don't know if this affects anything, I also categorise all Madonna songs by 'genre' so they all stand out from the music of other artists, so all live recordings are genre-tagged as 'Madonna Live', and so on with 'Madonna Demos', 'Madonna Remixes', and 'Madonna Demos', etc. I do this mainly so that I can easier shuffle certain types of tracks

42 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

I generally copy the mp3 files to my iPhone and rename them accordingly so that iTunes cannot mess it all up... for example, live recordings are always tagged with the show date after each track name, demos are tagged and all remixes are labelled accordingly. That way, iTunes doesn't confuse them with album tracks. Also... and I don't know if this affects anything, I also categorise all Madonna songs by 'genre' so they all stand out from the music of other artists, so all live recordings are genre-tagged as 'Madonna Live', and so on with 'Madonna Demos', 'Madonna Remixes', and 'Madonna Demos', etc. I do this mainly so that I can easier shuffle certain types of tracks

You can make your own genre? hmmmm...... I need to look into that. That could probably solve everything!

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

You can make your own genre? hmmmm...... I need to look into that. That could probably solve everything!

Yeah. So instead of the usual Pop, Rock, etc, I rename them what I like. As I have so many Madonna songs on my iPhone (almost 2000), I like to keep them very organised and easily accessible.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:20 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I use an app called MusicBee

I use that one to tag/edit most of my mp3/flac files.

I used to use iTunes but got tired of it somehow and now I only use it to rip the WAVs from my CDs. Currently, I play my music manually with MPC which I know it's a little impossible but these days I hardly ever pay attention to playlists in general. On the road, I use Spotify.